First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm considering dropping sasquatch from my BD order for the $2500 and to hopefully be built sooner.

When putting on 34" tires it sounds like you were able to without swapping out anything else yet? I was assuming to go 34" I would need to look at new coilovers to do it right.

I'm a newb at new wheels and tires so I appreciate hearing what you did bc it's exactly what I'm considering.
Yes, the BD (as well as BB and OBX*) all have 7.5 x 17” wheels with a +55 offset, and all of them will fit 285/75-17’s with no other mods. I’ve even seen folks run 35-11.50’s on the OEM rims, but that’s starting to push the gearing to its limit (or so they say), and you’d probably have to remove the crash bars. But the 34’s work great. Zero issues.

(And you could sell your OEM tires when they’re relatively new, and even after buying the 34’s, you’d still have plenty of thar $2500 left
)

*Edit: OBX has 7.5 x 18” wheels, and a 285/70-18 tire is almost identical in dimensions to a 285/75-17
Sponsored

Last edited:

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you made the right choice with the BaseSquatch. I have a two-door (with kids), and I have not once regretted my decision.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BASE SASQUATCH!

1. Bigger, better suspension components with much better suspension travel
  2. Lift
  3. Front locking differential
  4. Stronger Dana 210 front axel
  5. 35" tires and much better looking wheels
  6. wide stance adds stability
  7. Better resale value
Sasquatch Broncos (and Badlands non-SAS) are a different vehicle than the more diminutive Base, BB, BD & OB. In the future, buyers will pay for 1) Sasquatch 2) 2.7L engine. People will care much less about trim level, seat material, grille design, etc.

Just look at any Sasquatch Bronco next to a Black Diamond. There is simply no comparison.
All good points. (Well, except maybe the resale value angle. I didn’t buy my Bronco to sell it.) No question the BaseSquatch is the best bang for the buck for an offroad vehicle. And the OP went that direction anyway, so good for him.

But not everyone needs to climb boulders, and our BD is a great daily driver/family hauler, which will still go just about anywhere we would ever need to go

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where's the poll?

Base squatch all the way.
Needs nothing. Stance is perfect

If you want heated seats that's an easy add

1653680399267.jpg

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Both being 2-doors v6 autos....would you rather.....

Black Diamond with mid package or Base with only Sasquatch package? my idea of off roading is driving down snow covered roads.

(i have a deposit on the base it's ready to go, the black diamond is still in limbo 15 months after order. MSRP is about the same ~$43k)
My dad has a Base Squatch, I have bc a Mid Black Diamond. Both of us have 2.7L. I put 33s on my Black Diamond and there isn’t a huge difference between the two.

I like both and don’t think you can go wrong either way. MGV is awesome, but so is the factory SAS.

I don’t think you would be sorry either way you go.

C27A9EEA-2368-42E9-B549-055A005B110A.jpeg

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Add switches and the Mod bumper and the Base Sas is $1900 cheaper, than the BD Mid (mod bumper).

About the only thing I wanted from the Mid package, was heated seats, the local Accessories shop installs them for $350.

Some are the things "listed" as Mid package upgrades, are actually standard features on every Bronco.

I can get take-off rockrails for $100-150, they are all over marketplace, because of people going other routes.

The 2-door comes with some skid plates already.

So I take my Base Sas, install heated seats, rock-rails, and tint and I still have $1000 to play with. I have 35's, upgrades axles, lift, Advanced 4 wd and front/rear lockers. To me it not even close.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I should add, if mine was totaled , I'd turn around and order the same exact build again: there isn't any change i would make

Base
Sasquatch
2 dr
Manual
Velocity blue
Switches
Mod bumper

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ask me I would go Basesquatch. Sas package is mandatory in my opinion. I think I could live without the other bells and whistles you mentioned. Although MGV and washout interiors of the higher models is really nice!

Last edited:
OP
OP

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
circling back. has been about a month now and I couldn't be happier. Whatever creature comforts I missed in the BD mid the sasquatch more than makes up for it. I tinted all the windows and added the factory side steps. just waiting on getting a leather steering wheel.

edit: also that BD mid i had on order still hasn't been assigned a VIN number or build date yet.

Ford Bronco Would you rather Black Diamond (mid) vs Base with Sasquatch 1677680000071
Sponsored