Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im sold on the BD due to the upgraded bumpers, bash plate, and marine washout. Im also looking at adding the hardtop and V6. Need to see if the additional $$$ might move me into a Bad Lands.
Sponsored

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wouldn’t mind the Black Diamond but I do prefer the option of getting the high or lux package on the OBX. For me, it’s a standard Automatic transmission so that was a big influencer for me. I also love the signature headlights lol.
I agree, I prefer the high package for the 12 inch and lux for the 10 speakers etc.. I do like the rubber flooring, marine vinyl seats, the extra steel plating and bumper and a few items that comes in BD. I'm still deciding, but I did reserve the BD for now until I can see what ford finalizes in the pricing and options arena

Rodbeebe

Black Diamond
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan nv, Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw that too, presumably to force upgrades to a higher trim? If I could do lux on BD, I wouldn’t have to get a BL since I don’t truly need the sway disco or front locker. I’m hoping the original chart just wasn’t accurate, but I’m prepared to go with the Badlands if necessary. Creature comforts are important since this will be my DD and I’ll spend way more time on road than off.

So many questions, such a long time until “by September”
You could also go with outer banks. It comes standard with mid and 10 speed auto. Has the ability to upgrade to Lux package also. Doesn’t have all the off road stuff, but would end up being less than BL unless you do the the Sasquatch also then could get a bit pricier than a standard BL. Depending on package pricing of course.

Chaos_273

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You could also go with outer banks. It comes standard with mid and 10 speed auto. Has the ability to upgrade to Lux package also. Doesn’t have all the off road stuff, but would end up being less than BL unless you do the the Sasquatch also then could get a bit pricier than a standard BL. Depending on package pricing of course.
Yeah Outer Banks might be worth a look, I can’t wait for that build and price tool to figure all this out! Right now I’m leaning towards just keeping my truck and waiting for a redesign or Raptor version, but I also know as soon as I see someone driving one I’ll have didn’t-buy-it-remorse.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Literally have gone through almost all these thoughts in my head over the last week before finding this thread. I have BD reserved but am now leaning towards the OB. Pricing will be the decider. Would love to be able to get the OB with High pkg but I fear it'll be too pricey for the budget. Not doing crazy offroad but like the washout idea. Want more luxury stuff too... aaaaaargh!

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would really like the wash out flooring, maybe the Vinyl seats (still really concerned about that), but not at the cost of the creature comforts for the 90% of the driving I'll be doing. I have every intention on taking this beast off road, but don't need to sacrifice just to do it.

Most hard core off-road can be added later, but OBx comes with things that you just don't get on the BD and BL branch, especially if you add SAS.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is a tough choice. I will be getting an auto and the mid package for sure. If I had to guess, I’d say both of those cost around $1500 each, so adding those to the BD would essentially make it the same price as the OB.

OB has but BD doesn’t
-signature lights
-body colored handles, mirrors, and flares
-option for high and lux package
-option for leather
-heated front seats

BDhas but OB doesn’t
-an extra goat mode
-steel bumpers (front and rear)
-bash plates
-rock rails
-aux switches
-vinyl interior with rubber floors

You can get the modular front bumper on the OB and it comes with a bash plate, but I’m not sure if it gives you a steel rear bumper as well. Aux switches are optional on the OB.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why do you people have to make me consider other trims? At first I was all set on the BD, then I started thinking about the BL (but it replaces "Sport" GOAT with "Baja" GOAT. Now I'm remotely considering the OBX and getting rid of the Hard Parts just because of the headlights and taillights.

...sacka fracka...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would much rather have the BD. I don't like the body colored door handles on the OB, and the running boards are terrible in looks and function. They would have to be pulled off right away and replaced with sliders. The BD has the preferred floor, preferred seats, steel bumper, serviceable rock rails, better tires, better looking wheels and tires.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OB has but BD doesn’t
-signature lights
-option for leather
-heated front seats

BDhas but OB doesn’t
-an extra goat mode
-bash plates
-rock rails
-aux switches

You can get the modular front bumper on the OB and it comes with a bash plate, but I’m not sure if it gives you a steel rear bumper as well. Aux switches are optional on the OB.
I Agree, but that's on the price mark up of about 3k. If u get mid package on BD you will have front heated seats and the same thing that mid package includes that OB has already, since its standard and calculated into the price. I do prefer the high package, but you get so much more with BS than OB that I might forego the high package just for that plus I still want the auto and 2.7 so that mark up to get to OB will cover those two items for me with BD.

As far as the front camera for 360. I can always add this for a lot less

Ford Bronco Black Diamond + Mid vs. OuterBanks IMG_2426

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a tough choice. I will be getting an auto and the mid package for sure. If I had to guess, I’d say both of those cost around $1500 each, so adding those to the BD would essentially make it the same price as the OB.

OB has but BD doesn’t
-signature lights
-option for leather
-heated front seats

BDhas but OB doesn’t
-an extra goat mode
-bash plates
-rock rails
-aux switches

I am starting to lean towards Outerbanks with Sasquatch. I really wanted either Black Diamond or Badlands for the vinyl and washout interior but maybe pulling the carpet and neoprene seat covers in the Outbanks would suffice? So many questions until we can access the build and price tool and spend 15 hours reconfiguring packages.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am starting to lean towards Outerbanks with Sasquatch. I really wanted either Black Diamond or Badlands for the vinyl and washout interior but maybe pulling the carpet and neoprene seat covers in the Outbanks would suffice? So many questions until we can access the build and price tool and spend 15 hours reconfiguring packages.
Does the OBX have drain plugs? Pull the carpet, maybe do a spray on liner in it's place, but drain plugs would be extra handy to have still. I know when I sold Jeeps they were under the carpet on most.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the OBX have drain plugs? Pull the carpet, maybe do a spray on liner in it's place, but drain plugs would be extra handy to have still. I know when I sold Jeeps they were under the carpet on most.
Yes, they do have the drain plugs under the carpet

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As I have matured more I have became more luxury oriented. I like those little do-dads like an upgraded radio, heated steering wheel, and of course leather (that no one really needs, but just wants). So I'm going with the OBX. It's right in my wheelhouse the way I do off roading, i.e. easy trails, power line roads, etc., and it's got those little luxury items I've grown accustomed to in my Wrangler JL. Sahara. :)
Sponsored