Sponsored

BIG BEND (sas and mid) vs BLACK DIAMOND (mid only)

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll likely be between these two possible set ups.
2 door Big Bend with Sasquatch and Mid
Or
2 door Black Diamond with just the mid.

the Sasquatch package just looks great. Won’t be off roading every weekend or anything, it will be a DD. Thoughts on if the Sasquatch package will affect gas MPG ?

just looking for some 2 cent. Thanks.
The washout interior was a huge selling point for me. That narrowed me down to Black Diamond and Badlands. Price got me to Black Diamond....although we’ll see once all things have been revealed
Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is the situation I'm in...can't decide between the 2!

But I want features from a mix of everything...i'd like:

cloth interior
molle back seats
aux switches
axles and lift from the squatch
33" tires
HD bumpers
Underbody protection
Remote start
Heated seats
12" screen

Anybody else hoping Ford just have everything available to buy individually :ROFLMAO: ?

Ash

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm currently leaning Black Diamond, hard top, 2.3L w/10A trans and mid package. If the 2" factory lift is actually a standalone option and not too spendy I'll probably opt for that as well. I wish the BD trim came with 33" tires rather than 32s but that's an easy swap in the future. As much as I love the look of the Sasquatch package, I think it'll price me out of my budget (~$45k is about my limit).

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't know why it took me so long for the light bulb to go off, but I recently realized that the Wildtrack is basically the Outer Banks with all the options I want. My point being that the Wildtrack is $10k more and has the Sas, Mid Package, Hard Top, 2.7, and 10 Auto Trans, plus there is no doubt that it comes with addition stuff as well.

So my thinking is that all those packages put together have to less than 10K so the idea that Sas is going to be like 7 or 8 ... don't think so (all guessing)

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The washout interior was a huge selling point for me. That narrowed me down to Black Diamond and Badlands. Price got me to Black Diamond....although we’ll see once all things have been revealed
Agreed, I might just go hog wild and get what I want on the BD... hard not to with enough time to save etc with the pushes back delivery

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm currently leaning Black Diamond, hard top, 2.3L w/10A trans and mid package. If the 2" factory lift is actually a standalone option and not too spendy I'll probably opt for that as well. I wish the BD trim came with 33" tires rather than 32s but that's an easy swap in the future. As much as I love the look of the Sasquatch package, I think it'll price me out of my budget (~$45k is about my limit).
Why the auto? What about 35s?

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why the auto? What about 35s?
Wife wants to be able to drive this thing and although she can drive a stick, she's not very comfortable with it. Especially in a larger vehicle (our last manual was a Subaru STI)

I don't know that 35s are necessary for my use case. No rock crawling or serious off roading planned. Lots of camping, dirt road exploring, getting to trailheads for mountain biking and to the mountains to ski in the winters. That'll be about the extent of my "off road" usage.

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know that 35s are necessary for my use case. No rock crawling or serious off roading planned. Lots of camping, dirt road exploring, getting to trailheads for mountain biking and to the mountains to ski in the winters. That'll be about the extent of my "off road" usage.
That pretty much covers my usage too...I've been back and forth with the 35s, I want the rest of the Squatch setup but the 35s I'm not sure, would much prefer some 33s.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like Black Diamond with mid. Rear locker is enough to get me out of any situation I would find myself in, lighter weight front axle is just fine, and I can put whatever tires I want on it if I want to move up in size.

It has the rock rails, heavier bumper, and crash plate so it's got some light offroad protection.

BD with 32s is for sure getting better mileage than the Sasquatch. For the same tire brand, the 35s weigh 20lbs more than the 32s...EACH.
holy crap. didn't know the weight was that much of a difference. thats a lot of rotating mass. i was thinking 10lbs tops.

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That pretty much covers my usage too...I've been back and forth with the 35s, I want the rest of the Squatch setup but the 35s I'm not sure, would much prefer some 33s.
I really like the look of the 35s, and the addition of the front locker and Bilstein's on the Squatch package would be nice to haves, but I have a feeling the Squatch package is going to price me out of what I want to pay. I can't compromise on the mid package (need heated seats) or auto trans.

Sponsored

Badgerbrown

Black Diamond
First Name
Badger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 and a 1979 VW Beetle Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What she said ! I want to be able to leave the tops off in the rain or just wash it out with a hose w/o worry. Plus, I have four dogs ????

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ditto... I don't want to try and do an aftermarket lift with IFS and I sure in the heck are not going to replace the front Diff and Axle with the M220 so that's what I want.. but if 35's are needed to go along with it... then so be it. My XJ has 31s and they seem large to me so I can't imagine 35s, but folks seem to think that 35s with the 4.7 ratio (oh forgot.. that comes with the SAS as well) are a perfect pair and it will make the 35s seem like 33's.

I mean I know in "other" places... another 1" or 2" matters.. but in a wheel size... what could go wrong :unsure:

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean I know in "other" places... another 1" or 2" matters.. but in a wheel size... what could go wrong :unsure:
My girlfriend tells me otherwise ??

Yeah I'll see what the build and price offers but I'm probably just gonna accept the 35s and get on with it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My big concern is that SAS and the 35s = 16 mpg ... now we are talking my Tacoma which is why I sold it.

I currently get 33+ in my Car, but 16 in my XJ ... so low to mid 20's is really needed.

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My big concern is that SAS and the 35s = 16 mpg ... now we are talking my Tacoma which is why I sold it.

I currently get 33+ in my Car, but 16 in my XJ ... so low to mid 20's is really needed.
What do you feel you would get with 33s? You feel if we go with 35 our mileage will be that low ?
Sponsored