Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fwiw, Looking at the base here, with the 2.7L auto option and the front winch bumper, I can add a rear locker later.. "If need be".. Way cheaper for my needs. Drivetrain first, for driving on and off road. 80/20. Mansquatch is still tempting for more off road capability. Either one, I cant go wrong for my $$$ needs.
Yep, plus I prefer cloth seats in GA.
Sponsored

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was originally a BD with manual. Now that I can get the mansquatch on the base, I can get better axles and gears for less and all I'm losing is the floor. I wanted the washout floor, but from what I've seen it's not exactly what I expected and am OK losing it. I can still probably add the aux switches and steel bumpers and be below the BD base price.

I was never going to get the mid package, so for me it wasn't an issue. I guess you've just got to ask yourself if the things in the mid package are worth what you are really paying to get them.
Hey Kodiak, Reviving an old thread here - but what did you end up deciding? It seems black diamond?

I really can't decide between the following:
  • Manual Base Squatch and do Aftermarket Interior Upgrade (Katzkin w/ heated seats) - gets me bilsteins, upgraded wheels, 35s, fat fender flares (ugly), lockers, advanced 4x4
  • Manual Black Diamond No-Squatch 2.3 w/ aftermarket seat heaters (gets me bumpers, washout floor, and stock interior, no A4x4.
Something tells me in the long run it would be better to have the black diamond and do aftermarket suspension and tires down the road to my liking (likely 33s max), but i do occasionally do winter driving and A4x4 would be nice. I've also never had 35s and i can't tell if I'd love em and just rock it or get tired of longer drives with them.

Any thoughts or insight appreciated. Going to need to order soon (or not if i wait for manual squatch)

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Kodiak, Reviving an old thread here - but what did you end up deciding? It seems black diamond?

I really can't decide between the following:
  • Manual Base Squatch and do Aftermarket Interior Upgrade (Katzkin w/ heated seats) - gets me bilsteins, upgraded wheels, 35s, fat fender flares (ugly), lockers, advanced 4x4
  • Manual Black Diamond No-Squatch 2.3 w/ aftermarket seat heaters (gets me bumpers, washout floor, and stock interior, no A4x4.
Something tells me in the long run it would be better to have the black diamond and do aftermarket suspension and tires down the road to my liking (likely 33s max), but i do occasionally do winter driving and A4x4 would be pnice. I've also never had 35s and i can't tell if I'd love em and just rock it or get tired of longer drives with them.

Any thoughts or insight appreciated. Going to need to order soon (or not if i wait for manual squatch)
I’ve got a 7/13 reservation and just don’t want to waste it on waiting for the man squatch when we have no idea when it will be available. The base man squatch would have been great for me, I just don’t want to wait.

By getting the manual BD, I’m giving up two things I wanted. Lower gears and stronger front axle. Only time will tell if that’s a good trade off or not.

I will upgrade the suspension myself and run 285/75/17s. I will upgrade the front axle if I break it and will go to 4.88s if needed. Kinda play all that by ear.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve got a 7/13 reservation and just don’t want to waste it on waiting for the man squatch when we have no idea when it will be available. The base man squatch would have been great for me, I just don’t want to wait.

By getting the manual BD, I’m giving up two things I wanted. Lower gears and stronger front axle. Only time will tell if that’s a good trade off or not.

I will upgrade the suspension myself and run 285/75/17s. I will upgrade the front axle if I break it and will go to 4.88s if needed. Kinda play all that by ear.
Yeah I hear you on the waiting part... good info thanks.

Sponsored

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Basesquatch is such good value it's kind of crazy that Ford made it a thing. Going BD at a similar price to basesquatch means giving up on a lot of performance. Going for an equivalently performing BD is like $5k more before you even add a mid-package.

If heated vinyl seats and A51/CG paint are really worth $7k for you, more power to you.

OP
OP
Tangent27

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ended up going base squatch 6cyl switches floor liners bumper and brush guard.

I really wanted base mansquatch but like you there was no way I’m waiting til 2022. I also have a 7/13 reservation.

And I know myself. Once I started seeing Sasquatch Broncos driving around I would kick myself for not doing it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Basesquatch is such good value it's kind of crazy that Ford made it a thing. Going BD at a similar price to basesquatch means giving up on a lot of performance. Going for an equivalently performing BD is like $5k more before you even add a mid-package.

If heated vinyl seats and A51/CG paint are really worth $7k for you, more power to you.

For me, the manual is a must. If you want to pay more for the auto, more power to you.

The base mansquatch would have scratched every itch for me. That's what I would have ordered IF it was an option. It wasn't. The BD with no options comes closest to my needs. At under $38K, it's hard to feel like I'm just throwing money around for my choice.

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I’ve somehow managed to get here now too just today after a ton of playing around on my 4-door. Not as good a value as the 2-door, but the difference between my BD Sasquatch build and Base Sasquatch Build is $8k-$10k (depending on if I end up thinking the 2.3 will be enough to push around a base 4-door to my liking). BD adds all that extra armor and weight that I like the look of but don’t need, and after really looking at the difference between the mid-package and standard package, it comes down to heated seats and intelligent access that I’d miss. Standard still has some copilot360 safety features that would be nice to have as a baseline, and other than that all I need is the wireless CarPlay that’s still there with Sync 4. I really liked the MGV to be able to clean up after my two young kids, but nice seat covers would do just fine if I feel the need. I’m not beating this thing up off-road. I’m getting the 4-door because of said kids and I don’t think it looks right with smaller tires. And I don’t have a an appetite for messing with that stuff later so Sasquatch it is. I know the BB lands in the middle but you’re paying up for access to mid that I’ve determined I won’t need anyway. That $8k-$10k savings should go a long way (if I don’t change my mind again).

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As crazy as this might sound and I didn’t want color driving this decision, I might have to go BD to get Cactus Gray. I just got back from the dealer and I love it. Velocity Blue was my color until my dealership visit. BaseSas was my choice, but Cactus Gray isn’t available. I’m back to being stuck. Second choice of color is Antimatter Blue after today, so I could go BaseSas still for all the capabilities for less coin.

7/30 edit: I recently saw a VB Wildtrak at a local dealer. Back to BaseSas in VB for me. MGV and mid still call my name, but not for the price difference I'm looking at right now. Planning to paint the gray beauty ring on the wheels to match the gloss black and look at switching out the grille/mirror caps to gloss black as well (looking at building a BaseSasTrak over the next few years after taking delivery).

Last edited:

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My base sasquatch 2.7, aux switches, steel front bumper with brush guard

Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch vs Black Diamond plus mid IMG_3910
This just looks so right... Congrats!

If my old ass didn't have 2 little boys, I'd be going 2dr, but I need the extra space for how I want to use it for a family of 4. The 2dr will always have a special place in my heart... every time I see one in the wild I'll have this reaction:

giphy.gif

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My base sasquatch 2.7, aux switches, steel front bumper with brush guard

Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch vs Black Diamond plus mid giphy
more pics please. Congrats. Just beautiful

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, this post didn’t age well.

Add Sasquatch!!!
Neither did that one, given we can't have mid on any manual below BL. What did you end up going with?