Sponsored

BIG BEND (sas and mid) vs BLACK DIAMOND (mid only)

OP
OP

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the look of the 35s, and the addition of the front locker and Bilstein's on the Squatch package would be nice to haves, but I have a feeling the Squatch package is going to price me out of what I want to pay. I can't compromise on the mid package (need heated seats) or auto trans.
Agreed
I really like the look of the 35s, and the addition of the front locker and Bilstein's on the Squatch package would be nice to haves, but I have a feeling the Squatch package is going to price me out of what I want to pay. I can't compromise on the mid package (need heated seats) or auto trans.
AGreed
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would be awsome if we could get the Sasquatch package with 33 if we chose too instead of the 35 you never know

rmillermich

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll likely be between these two possible set ups.
2 door Big Bend with Sasquatch and Mid
Or
2 door Black Diamond with just the mid.

the Sasquatch package just looks great. Won’t be off roading every weekend or anything, it will be a DD. Thoughts on if the Sasquatch package will affect gas MPG ?

just looking for some 2 cent. Thanks.
For anecdotal reference, I swapped P rated tires (passenger) to LT on a 2002 trailblazer and the mileage easily dropped 3 mpg across the board. 20 to 17/16 easily.

PhilKesselRun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jaguar XF-R Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have finally settled on the Black Diamond with Sasquatch and Mid Package. The color choice is VERY difficult but narrowed down to the CG vs Area 51.
I am thinking the same thing as well, just not sure on the color. It will depend on what the cost of all the options are though as with the sasquatch it will need to be upgraded to the 2.7L automatic. By the time this is all said and done is it cheaper to just go with the Badlands with mid and put a lift and larger tires on after?

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My big concern is that SAS and the 35s = 16 mpg ... now we are talking my Tacoma which is why I sold it.

I currently get 33+ in my Car, but 16 in my XJ ... so low to mid 20's is really needed.
I currently drive a 2017 F150 with the 2.7L that is lifted 7 inches on 35s and am getting 17.1 average MPG in mixed driving. Before switching to Toyo Open Country AT3 tires I had mud terrains and was averaging 16.3 mpg. When it was stock I was seeing 22-23 mpg.

I am expecting somewhere between 17 and 18.5 mpg for a Sasquatch Bronco.

Sponsored

NHCheef

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI, '13 VW Sportwagen TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My big concern is that SAS and the 35s = 16 mpg ... now we are talking my Tacoma which is why I sold it.

I currently get 33+ in my Car, but 16 in my XJ ... so low to mid 20's is really needed.
I'm also really hoping for low-mid 20s with the 2.3L with 10 speed auto on the 32" Grabbers. I imagine you'll see a pretty big mpg hit on the 35s in Sasquatch form. The 2.3L ecoboost Explorer with AWD is rated at 27 mpg highway / 20 city. Obviously more tire on the Bronco, even in non-Sasquatch form, but I think the curb weight between the two (4 door Bronco) will be pretty similar.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ouch... I hope it is not that bad. I'm pretty set on the 2.7 but if the different is high teens vs low twenties... I may have to just push that little 2.3!

Sure I'll get worse mileage when loaded up going on trips, but as the DD can't be selling my first born just for my work commute :)

McNasty

Black Diamond
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like Black Diamond with mid. Rear locker is enough to get me out of any situation I would find myself in, lighter weight front axle is just fine, and I can put whatever tires I want on it if I want to move up in size.

It has the rock rails, heavier bumper, and crash plate so it's got some light offroad protection.

BD with 32s is for sure getting better mileage than the Sasquatch. For the same tire brand, the 35s weigh 20lbs more than the 32s...EACH.
Im with you brother!

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BUFF pic should have given it away. :cool: Barksdale! ✈?? Dropping warheads on foreheads since 1952
You know it! Peace the Old Fashioned Way

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I didn't look that much at the BD at the beginning and didn't realize it had the aux switches and rear locker standard. Those are the two options I wanted to add to the BB. The washout interior with drain plugs were just icing on the cake, and the rock rails & upgraded bash plates are above what I need, but nice to have.

I'm still waiting for the build & price like everyone to make a decision.
Sponsored