First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, my current reservation is for a 4-door Base (plan was Sasquatch+2.7 Auto+MIC Hard Top).
But after doing some soul searching, I've decided to upgrade in order to get a few additional features not offered on Base.

I was leaning towards upgrading to Black Diamond to get the marine-grade vinyl, access to Cactus Gray paint, and the modular bumper+the skid plates are nice features to go with the Sasquatch upgrade. However, I can't get over not having the ability to get the upgraded LED headlights and taillights without going up to Outer Banks. But the thing is, I'm not a fan of the painted fenders on OBX, but do appreciate some of the other upgrades, such as the 12" screen.

So my question is this: Do we think we'll be able to choose between painted or the black plastic fenders on OBX? Or do we think we'll have the option on a BD to upgrade to the LED. headlights/tailights and perhaps the 12" screen? (It sounds like they're going to be building each one of the reserved Broncos to spec, so I'm hoping (maybe foolishly) that everything will be on the table as far has truly customizing from the bottom up)

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.04.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 8.04.53 PM.png
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seeing as how the fenders are the least expensive thing to replace on the Bronco and they unbolt in seconds I don't think it will be a problem to get aftermarket ones. Don't understand why people want to skip out on the OBX trim becuase of feders that come right off. Just painted door handles and mirrors make it worth it not to have the base black plastic ones.

BTW the LED lights are available on BD

OP
OP
FishKzor

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seeing as how the fenders are the least expensive thing to replace on the Bronco and they unbolt in seconds I don't think it will be a problem to get aftermarket ones. Don't understand why people want to skip out on the OBX trim becuase of feders that come right off. Just painted door handles and mirrors make it worth it not to have the base black plastic ones.

BTW the LED lights are available on BD
I'm not doubting you, but where did you see the LED lights being an option in the BD?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not doubting you, but where did you see the LED lights being an option in the BD?
Huh, it was on the Ford page under the safety options, not there now. Its on the Big Bend still though. Don't see why they would up grade BB and not BD. Maybe it has bee explained in another thread.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you don't want the High or Lux Package then just get the BB with all the features you want

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Huh, it was on the Ford page under the safety options, not there now. Its on the Big Bend still though. Don't see why they would up grade BB and not BD. Maybe it has bee explained in another thread.
NP.

IIRC, for a while, the Black Diamond page said Lightning Blue was an option.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
However, I can't get over not having the ability to get the upgraded LED headlights and taillights without going up to Outer Banks.
Still there.

20201014_085206.jpg