First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Base that is scheduled to be build next month. It's a 2.7 soft top sasquatch, modular bumper, aux switches at MSRP. I found a Outer Banks at MSRP 2.7 non- sasquatch,
soft top, modular bumper LUX package, leather trim, no aux switches. It's about a 7k difference in price. Thinking about moving to Florida in a year or 2. Wondering how bad the leather will be, and if I'll ever need the base with front and rear lockers. Also will putting bigger tire on the Outer Banks be an issue with the open 3.73. 33 or 35's
Cant make up my mind could use a little help from the more informed.
Money no being the major factor in the decision.
Thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Rip

Rip

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Let me try to be helpful Drew. I have a First Edition for context.

Looking at your two choices, i'm comparing $7k of value to the pros/cons. Since both have soft tops, it comes down to the suspension/tires/gearing of Sasquatch VS premium appointments of Outer Banks.

I have seen an Outer Banks (non sas) lifted with 35" tires on factory wheels that looked tough as nails in person! I would drive it in a heartbeat. Aux switches are definitely a plus for resale or if you actually use them. An extra $3500 could give you a nice look (not necessarily performance).

The base comes with the lift ready to go with gearing, warranty, and dialed in from the factory. Instead of paying 7k more the the outerbanks and then putting money in to the lift and tires, you could save that money and install Katzkin leather seats and put a premium sound system in. I also believe that the aftermarket will provide you a 12" head unit adapter solution, it's just a matter of time. IF you wanted painted handles, mirror caps or even fender flares, you could do that too with your budget.

In hindsight, If I were in your shoes, I would probably buy the base sasquatch and add the leather of my choice and put a sound system in that you really enjoy. I would probably add the painted handles and mirror caps too if you like the look. Keep in mind, this depends on if you have this in cash to pay vs wanting to roll it into a loan.

I assure you that you will be happy with either one, truthfully. I hope this helps my friend!

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there could not be two more different builds. If you are just in it for the looks as it appears, then I would go OBX.

RalBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd prioritize what's most important to you....looks, creature comforts, capabilities, etc.

I feel like the biggest difference between the two in terms of interior / creature comforts would be the seat material. As the person above mentioned, you could always put Katzkin leather in for just south of 2k. So that's a consideration.

In regards to appearances between the two models, I like the look of a sasquatch'd bronco 1000X more than any non-squatch trim, and it's not even close. If you fall into that category, you're gonna spend at least a few thousand on upgrading your non-squatch outer banks, pushing the price up even further. I think the outer banks grill is hideous, but that can be replaced rather easily at some point in the future.

All of that being said, I'm biased because I have a base squatch coming. But I had considered the same kinds of things you are when I was ordering.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm also wondering with leather in Florida how bad it will be? Will i ever use front and real lockers?

Sponsored

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

33s should be fine with the 3.73, 35s may be a bit much but people have done them with the 3.73. If youre moving to Florida, creature comforts are nice and the steps on the bronco may be beneficial as you get older, if you're moving to retire. The power seats in the OBX are nice. Leather in Florida does fine, my parents have 2 cars with leather, but you will want a windshield sunacreen when parked outside. The other thing to consider is what tires you put on it, as the roads in Florida eat up tires from my parents experience.

Personally, I did my lift and tires after delivery because I didn't like the sasquatch tires and wanted to go higher than the sasquatch came, but I also did the advanced 4x4 so I have the rear locker and different gearing.

OP
OP
Drew5150

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
33s should be fine with the 3.73, 35s may be a bit much but people have done them with the 3.73. If youre moving to Florida, creature comforts are nice and the steps on the bronco may be beneficial as you get older, if you're moving to retire. The power seats in the OBX are nice. Leather in Florida does fine, my parents have 2 cars with leather, but you will want a windshield sunacreen when parked outside. The other thing to consider is what tires you put on it, as the roads in Florida eat up tires from my parents experience.

Personally, I did my lift and tires after delivery because I didn't like the sasquatch tires and wanted to go higher than the sasquatch came, but I also did the advanced 4x4 so I have the rear locker and different gearing.
This one has no rear locker and is the 3.73
Sponsored