First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a loaded Outer Banks scheduled to be built on the week of 10/11/21 and I'm pretty excited. I would have gotten a Wildtrack but with the hard top issues, I went with what I thought was the next best thing in the Outer Banks trim. Lux Package, Roast Leather, Steel Bumper, Bash Plates and Sasquach. How much more capable is the Wildtrack. What am I missing exactly other than Baja mode? Does this mean the Outer Banks can't be driven fast off road? Does it mean it can't do light rock crawling without the staybar disconnect found in the Badlands?
Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

WT is an optioned up OBX.

I’ve built them both and that’s my conclusion. You get blackout mirrors and door handles and a different interior. Otherwise they’re the same.

OP
OP

Bklewis77

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is what I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying!

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wildtrak is an upgraded Outerbanks. Outerbanks is an upgraded Big Bend.
Outerbank's comes standard with the Tube Steps, Wildtrak does not.
Outerbanks is available with the 2.3L, Wildtrak is not.
Outerbanks comes with body color mirror caps, Wildtrak comes with black.
Wildtrak come with the black painted Badlands grille, Outerbanks has the black Big Bend grille.
Outerbanks comes with 4 interior options, Wildtrak has 2.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would argue that a loaded OBX sas is nicer than an equally optioned WT. I picked it over a WT, and actually paid a couple hundred more. The interior IMO is classier, particularly the silver dash insert (which is otherwise designated for the FE). And I think the concave OBX grille is much more befitting to the lines of the Bronco than the WT grille, which is flush and snout like. One basically leans towards sporty, and the other leans towards classy. But if i am dropped to 2022 and lose AMB, i would consider switching to WT from a classy theme to sporty theme....given 1. No more AMB to pair with roast. I would revert to black, and maybe go for a murdered out look with the WT; 2. With all these delays, I have since purchased a family SUV, and am demoting the bronco as weekender, and could live with the sandstone interior
Sponsored