Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also remember part of the reason OBX and up are more expensive is the instrument cluster is suppose to be upgraded. We have not seen it yet though. it doesn't account for all the money but it is part.
Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this will be first 4WD...is the 2WD for Bronco actually Rear wheel drive?
Yep, front axles disconnect through a vacuum system. Hopefully the rear locker works in 2wd and traction control off, fun doing some low speed power oversteer in the snow locked up?? my current F150 rear unlocks automatically at 15 or 20mph, but it can still be fun to play around, see where you get stuck in 2wd. Then 2wd rear locked , 4wd, then 4wd rear locked.

Summerall61

Outer Banks
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

to add to the BB vs. OBX debate... OBX has heated seats on all options but BB shows only heated seats if you choose the sandstone option. Also, BB comes with a leather wrapped steering wheel and OBX does not.

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
to add to the BB vs. OBX debate... OBX has heated seats on all options but BB shows only heated seats if you choose the sandstone option. Also, BB comes with a leather wrapped steering wheel and OBX does not.
Heated seats are part of the mid package, which is standard on OBX. BB with mid gets you heated seats regardless of seat color.

Sponsored

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heated seats are part of the mid package, which is standard on OBX. BB with mid gets you heated seats regardless of seat color.
Do you have to get MID in Big Bend to get heated seats? Only reason I ask is that the Compare Model pamphlet I downloaded from the Ford website has this. For some reason I couldn't preview the attachment (I'm limited in my computer skills) so hopefully it shows correctly.

Attachments

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you have to get MID in Big Bend to get heated seats? Only reason I ask is that the Compare Model pamphlet I downloaded from the Ford website has this. For some reason I couldn't preview the attachment (I'm limited in my computer skills) so hopefully it shows correctly.
Unfortunately yes. I was originally wanting a base, but my wife has to have heated seats. I saw that same thing you referenced, and assumed heated seats would be a stand alone option, but apparently it is only available as part of the mid package. The mid package actually offers quite a bit, I think it's decent value, but stand alone would have been nice.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the OBX you get more than what the original poster first suggests:
- LED Tailights (Can't be had on BB)
- Color matched fenders, mirrors, door handles (Can't be had on BB)
- 18" Wheels/Tires

The rest of it you can pretty much add with the mid package on the BB, Signature Headlamps, and Tube Steps. When I build them side by side I end up about about +$1,200 for the OBX vs BB. But you can't add the LED tails/Color Match and 18" Wheels on the BB, so you are pretty much paying $1,200 for those 3 things which is worth it to me.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you could get more than just Mid on Big Bend AND at least the MGV seats . . . maybe - but (for me) I'd prefer the OBX with the LUX and leather 10 times out of 10.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With the OBX you get more than what the original poster first suggests:
- LED Tailights (Can't be had on BB)
- Color matched fenders, mirrors, door handles (Can't be had on BB)
- 18" Wheels/Tires

The rest of it you can pretty much add with the mid package on the BB, Signature Headlamps, and Tube Steps. When I build them side by side I end up about about +$1,200 for the OBX vs BB. But you can't add the LED tails/Color Match and 18" Wheels on the BB, so you are pretty much paying $1,200 for those 3 things which is worth it to me.
Steve, it's not your fault for resurrecting an old thread. It was your first post (Welcome to B6G). These old threads should be locked as there is a lot of incorrect information. Part of that is information available at the time.

But to address your actual post, you are incorrect with your first bullet item. Signature Lighting option on the BB includes both LED headlights and LED taillights.

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry about the old thread. But are you sure about the signature lighting option including the tail lights on the Big Bend. Go to the configurator and add it. It doesn't reflect them in the rendering and makes no mention of the tail lights in the text for signature lighting. It only makes reference to the Headlights.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry about the old thread. But are you sure about the signature lighting option including the tail lights on the Big Bend. Go to the configurator and add it. It doesn't reflect them in the rendering and makes no mention of the tail lights in the text for signature lighting. It only makes reference to the Headlights.
Yes. It was the common misconception with the B/P render. (Hint: Don't rely on B/P for facts) Bronco Nation via a Q/A with Esteban confirmed that the Sig Lighting option includes the front/back.

I just did a search to find an old post of mine that includes the screen capture from the Q/A

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OK great thanks for the info. I have an Outer Banks on order. Mainly wanted the body matched bits, but the lighting package included was a bonus. Still think I would have ordered Outer Banks based on that info but would have been nice to know/have some clarity for some of these items. Oh well. Hopefully the car lives up to the hype and I don't care paying the extra few bucks in the end.

BuiltTough

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How easy to remove tube step? Or do you think dealer would do for you? I want 4A of OBX and love everything about it except the tube steps. Dont think your able to order rock rails on OBX to alleviate this problem.
Sponsored