First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I was wondering this same exact thing! I pretty much put everything in the BB that made it an OBX... and it's like $3k cheaper. I was scratching my head, like what am I missing. I even started saving the builds and doing a side by side to see what I could be missing. My only conclusion was the wheels are maybe nicer (depending on preference) and the cloth interior on the OBX was I guess nicer? (whatevs, it's still cloth). So then I just started thinking are you paying more for the OBX simply for the privilege to be able to upgrade with the High or Lux package? That seemed silly to me.

But I didn't realize it was adding auto for free. Good catch! I don't imagine that being $3k... so it still seems like you're paying more on the OBX simply for the privileged to add higher packages. Oh, and painted fenders. :LOL:

It was nice to get an idea of where things will land with the B&P, but I guess we still have some time before it's 'perfect'. Which I'm fine with, I know a lot of ppl on this forum will get annoyed over it. But whatever. Ordering still isn't for another 2 months.
And I can get the 4A on the OBX as a stand alone option
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm 99% sure it's a mistake, because it's not that way on any other trim. Plus, when I first built a BB, I added the 2.7, auto, and mid all for $1895. If that were real, I'd jump all over it. If the auto really is included with mid in the BB, that would make my decision much easier, it'd be BB all the way.
10 Speed AT is included with Mid

2020-10-24_14-42-51.jpg

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are exactly right, I thought I was going with Outer Banks, but looks like Im going Big Bend. I actually did a Black Diamond, but no Signature LED's…. Im out.
Same man... I really wanted the BD because I'm a big snowboarder (my wife thinks that's the silliest reason ever, and I don't totally disagree, but... Marketing!) But I want the LED's more... The Vinyl seats I think would be cool, but not a must have for me...

2020-10-24_14-42-51.jpg
well this changes everything! So then why is the OBX $3k more for what seems like the same car??

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base

2020-10-24_14-42-51.jpg
That's great. Where did that come from, I couldn't find it on Ford's site? I still need (want) 4A, which doesn't appear to be a stand alone option on BB.

Last edited:

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's great. Where did that come from, I couldn't find it on Ford's site? Assuming this is true, I wonder why it costs $1895 to add 2.7 on OBX. I'm confused... I still need 4A which doesn't appear to be a stand alone option on BB, still hoping that's an oversight.
as I'm new to this whole car building thing... Why is 4A a must have? (just curious to what other people are thinking)

Sponsored

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
as I'm new to this whole car building thing... Why is 4A a must have? (just curious to what other people are thinking)
4H and 4L are good off road, but for on road driving in snow you can just leave it in 4A and you'll get traction as needed. As I understand it, you should not use 4H or 4L on road.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You are exactly right, I thought I was going with Outer Banks, but looks like Im going Big Bend. I actually did a Black Diamond, but no Signature LED's…. Im out.
The signature lights is what has me now checking out the BB,i optioned one out for $42K

I kinda dig the cloth seats too

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
4H and 4L are good off road, but for on road driving in snow you can just leave it in 4A and you'll get traction as needed. As I understand it, you should not use 4H or 4L on road.
4H or 4L can be used on the road.

You just need to be in snow,or slippery conditions. I use 4H all the time in my Tacoma when the weather is bad enough to use it.4L isnt used much unless your in some deep shit or stuck

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks! I hadn't paid too much attention to that since people were saying it was loaded with errors. That reference guide does suggest 4A is optional on BB. I'm still skeptical that you can buy the mid package for $1495 and it includes the $1595 auto that is otherwise optional. Seems off. I hope I'm proven wrong, I'll buy the BB and forego 4A if it saves thousands.

Sponsored

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
4H or 4L can be used on the road.

You just need to be in snow,or slippery conditions. I use 4H all the time in my Tacoma when the weather is bad enough to use it.4L isnt used much unless your in some deep shit or stuck
Thanks for the info. I had read it could damage your transfer case. I've only had AWD in the past until recently buying a Ranger. I did use 4H once in a monsoon, but otherwise I leave it in 2H. This winter will be my first with it. I still like the foolproof nature of 4A, but I can live without it.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thoughts on BB seat colors?

Anyone like the 2 tone sandstone look?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not expert, but did go to school in VT (or stayed at a Holiday Inn) so I have some experience with snow. Also do a lot of snowboarding...

4H can be and should be used for driving on regular roads. In fact, I'm fairly certainly you can use it at any speed.* 4L on the other hand shouldn't be used over 20mph, I think? 4L applies more torque.

Again, not an expert in this area.

I actually prefer to be able to switch when I want to. On my current Tahoe I only drive in 2wd, unless I'm in snow. Then it's 4H. I rarely ever use AWD.

EDIT * normal speed... I probably wouldn't do 60mph down a highway on it.