Bronco1020

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am looking at getting back into a Bronco as I sold my first one too soon. I had exactly what I wanted, got greedy, and sold it when the market was hot. Now I really miss my Bronco! That said, since I can’t order one, I’m looking to purchase one from dealer stock. My dealer has Big bends with mid package and base model outer banks coming. Neither are what I’d order but I’m impatient, and ready to get back into a bronco! Is the base outerbanks(no leather) worth getting over a Big bend? It is more expensive, but I don’t see any true advantages, other than the paint match fenders, that I don’t really care about. Thoughts on which to get? Please don’t suggest other trims, just not an option at this time
Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mine is a BB, I too don't care for the color match flares. But I prefer the BB to build as I like and not take off everything I don't like. Waste of money imho. Pay less and build up from the money you saved.

IMG_20221229_141446.jpg

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That is exactly why I dropped down from OBX to BB. When I was doing my builds, the only thing the OBX was giving me was the different cloth seats, different color interior and color matched fenders since I wasn't going to option the leather. So I went BB

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would just hold off until I find what I really want.

But between the two options I would say go big bend.

Sponsored

thatch11b

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4 DR Softtop
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Big Bend with Mid package. I got the BB because it was the best “clean slate” for me to build my Bronco with what I want such as leather, lift, wheels, tires, etc.
Ford Bronco Outer Banks VS Big Bend 6BC76627-71C1-4574-A477-031CC69AC081

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Standard Outerbanks also has mid package so there won't be any real differences interior/tech wise. OBX you also get some other standard features that don't come on the BB unless optioned up (signature lighting, side steps, etc)... the benefit of the OBX, imo, is the ability to option it up to the higher packages... so if the little niceties like those or the painted mirros/handles/flares don't interest you, the big bend being cheaper might make more sense. Also consider which interior you prefer too. Personally the roast OBX was the only interior I wanted and one of the main reasons I chose it, other than wanting high package. Equipping the 2.7 is also a little cheaper because it comes with an auto no matter what so that doesn't factor into the upcharge on the OBX.

Does the BB have a rear locker or aux switches? some extras both can be optioned in that might make one an easier choice, etc.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What options are your big items? Does one have a hard top?

I liked my previous Big Bend tan interior, really one of my favorite interiors designs without the tacky color highlights.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the benefit of the OBX, imo, is the ability to option it up to the higher packages... so if the little niceties like those or the painted mirros/handles/flares don't interest you, the big bend being cheaper might make more sense. Also consider which interior you prefer too. Personally the roast OBX was the only interior I wanted and one of the main reasons I chose it, other than wanting high package.
I was going back and forth between the two of them and just went with an optioned out Big Bend vs the OB and saved about $5K in the process. I didn't like the interior colors nor the color matched fender flares on the OB.

You can always go with an aftermarket leather interior and get whatever color you want on it also, which is what I'm planning on doing with my Bronco.

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Mine is a BB, I too don't care for the color match flares. But I prefer the BB to build as I like and not take off everything I don't like. Waste of money imho. Pay less and build up from the money you saved.

Ford Bronco Outer Banks VS Big Bend 6BC76627-71C1-4574-A477-031CC69AC081
What front bumper is that? Love the look

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What front bumper is that? Love the look
Rough country, I decided on both front and rear by them. The front is drawn in closer than the OEM bumper, I didn't want a huge bumper protruding out and this fit the mindset perfectly. And it nicely fits over the bottom grill shroud. The lights come with it if you so choose.

Last edited:

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Front and rear

IMG_20230106_165518.jpg

IMG_20221227_143024.jpg

OP
OP

Bronco1020

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 f150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Okay, update. The dealer was able to alter one of their stock orders to get it kinda how I want! Not a guarantee it’ll be built, but worth a shot for now since I can’t order.
It’s a hardtop
7 speed(what I truly want!)
Eruption green
Big bend
Aux switches
Rear locker

again, it’s not a guarantee that it’ll be produced. But, my dealer(drink) that I have a great relationship with(I will ONLY buy there) is optimistic. Fingers crossed!

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Standard Outerbanks also has mid package so there won't be any real differences interior/tech wise. OBX you also get some other standard features that don't come on the BB unless optioned up (signature lighting, side steps, etc)... the benefit of the OBX, imo, is the ability to option it up to the higher packages... so if the little niceties like those or the painted mirros/handles/flares don't interest you, the big bend being cheaper might make more sense. Also consider which interior you prefer too. Personally the roast OBX was the only interior I wanted and one of the main reasons I chose it, other than wanting high package. Equipping the 2.7 is also a little cheaper because it comes with an auto no matter what so that doesn't factor into the upcharge on the OBX.

Does the BB have a rear locker or aux switches? some extras both can be optioned in that might make one an easier choice, etc.
Me too on the roast. Best interior IMO. Call me crazy but I like the Euro color match, cleaner and don’t have to worry about the plastic fading down the road.
Sponsored