First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have not heard about the dealers not being able to change the tire size. Just a few weeks ago I was told be the dealer they could. hmm news to me.
Well, they could install a different tire, but I was told, the ability to flash CPU with that information, was removed 5 years ago. My information is from Courtesy Ford, from a guy who I trust, that still could be wrong.

As a side note, that ability has been removed from some tuners also (the one I had on my mustang for instance), I was told that it was for liability reasons.

I wanted to change tire sizes, but I am going to stick with whatever tire size I buy the vehicle with.

My wife likes the big tires, but I told her she has spent a lifetime with something she wishes was bigger, so its business as usual.:p
Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

V6 and Sasquatch no other options selected. It would be nice to know what the differences are besides grill and grab handle. Doesnt sound like 4000 dollars difference.
Sure the B&P is wonkey. But it would be nice to know.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Vs Base 1609463110292

Ford Bronco Big Bend Vs Base 1609463285023

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
V6 and Sasquatch no other options selected. It would be nice to know what the differences are besides grill and grab handle. Doesnt sound like 4000 dollars difference.
Sure the B&P is wonkey. But it would be nice to know.

1609463110292.png

1609463285023.png
The differences, outside of what you stated, are leather wrapped steering wheel & shift knob, fog lights and privacy glass in the hard top.

The rest is basically your 'entry fee' for moving up the model ladder, from Base, and getting access to Mid-package, towing package, extra goat mode/modes, optional signature lighting, and a couple more colors.

It's not really worth the extra cost to move up, but some people aren't happy with what Base only offers, so they move up to Big Bend or Black Diamond.

Last edited:

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As you mentioned with more colors, I just can't stand a gloomy all black interior.
I’m stepping down from an obx because of the interior. To each their own. I prefer the all black and then customize it to my liking. Panels are coming off for speaker upgrades anyway. I’m hoping the base speakers can give me at least 2 months slipknot abuse before I get new ones in.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went through this too. Base sas v6 is my build. I don’t need the option to pay more for upgrades. The only thing that interests me to pay more for nothing is the body color. I want cactus gray. But not worth the 5k difference in the bnp. Velocity blue works for me. I’ve seen it. And I like it. It’s not white black or gray

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Its pretty nuts that your paying ford tax for a Model badge. Im wondering if there is a pretty big difference in materials for the interior. I think i would be pretty pissed if they both had the same after paying that price.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they offered locking rear on base I wouldn't squatch. Still go with the 2.7 though...

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Its pretty nuts that your paying ford tax for a Model badge. Im wondering if there is a pretty big difference in materials for the interior. I think i would be pretty pissed if they both had the same after paying that price.
The black and gray cloth in both the Base and Big Bend are the same, only difference is the BB has a center console 'oshit' handle.

The Big Bend has a second interior color option of medium Sandstone instead of the gray. The B&P states the medium Sandstone has the heated seat option, but I'm thinking that's an error.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in Base Camp for the first few months after my reservation. But, I NEED the 4-door and really want the manual. So that puts me in the BB. Well done Ford, here’s your extra money.
ditto that...me too.
The base price for 4 door Base vs Big Bend is now only (iirc) $1005 !!!!
Of course the Big Bend has manual still ...if your looking for an auto, thats an extra $1600 :cry:
I'm not, so I can now get the manual and a rear locker at a decent price!!!!:cool: .....IF... I go 4 door.

Like others have said, I like the look of the non-Squatch Big Bend well enough to save the $7500 , so the math works for the 4 door version ... 2 doors, I'll stay on the Base side of the camp.
Screen cap of the B&P page ... 4 door selected for all.
Ford Bronco Big Bend Vs Base 1609469071507

Last edited:

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The base price for 4 door Base vs Big Bend is now only (iirc) $1005 !!!!
Of course the Big Bend has manual still ...if your looking for an auto, thats an extra $1600 :cry:
I'm not, so I can now get the manual and a rear locker at a decent price!!!!:cool: .....IF... I go 4 door.

Like others have said, I like the look of the non-Squatch Big Bend well enough to save the $7500 , so the math works for the 4 door version ... 2 doors, I'll stay on the Base side of the camp.
I feel for you guys that are on the fence with the 2 vs 4 door. I’m 2 door all the way. My pit sits next to me and my 02 z71 will take the brunt of my Home Depot runs

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel for you guys that are on the fence with the 2 vs 4 door. I’m 2 door all the way. My pit sits next to me and my 02 z71 will take the brunt of my Home Depot runs
LOL, My 11yo GSD likes to lie on whatever backseat or bed area. Buckets seats would be uncomfortable for that ol' man. The truth of it is, with a Shepherd that old, he may not ever see the new Bronco. :cry:

Shit I 'm wrestling with....

2door :
+ Looks so much like the Classic (my 69) it's scary.
+ Will work well for my daily work commute. DO NOT want my work car to be the Family vehicle also. Feel strongly about this. The back seat hassle MIGHT work to this advantage.
- Storage for a few spare work clothes, lunch box and rarely used tools may be lite. Currently, lunch box goes in back seat of Outback, work stuff is in the "Wayback" of the Outback.
- smaller fuel tank -- hope it has 350 to 400 mile range
- getting an 80lb GSD in/out of the back seat might be a pain.

4 door:

+ bigger fuel tank --- should have the range to make fill ups last a week.
+ will still daily drive well for my commute.
+ easy lunch box loading ....lol ... more room for work stuff.
+ Easy dog loading LOL
+ can haul the three of us, dog, small cargo/camping trailer to any "trail vacations" we may go on AND trail all day in better comfort for us.
+ Looks pretty good without the Squatch pkg.
- Looks best with the $7k Squatch pkg
- Have a feeling it will also become the family truckster, which means my work stuff gets disturbed all the time.

Joendoodle

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 2- Corvettes
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I already have 3 vehicles that are 2 doors.. time for a 4 door..
Sponsored