First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Another couple questions regarding the base model.

1. Does the base model come with Trail Turn Assist, or is the advanced 4x4 TC required for that?

2. Can you remotely start the motor using the FordPass App on a base model?
Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Confirm that rear camera isn't a difference. FOr some reason it this it is.
Why would the rear camera be a factor? It's standard across the board due to new safety requirements...

1. Does the base model come with Trail Turn Assist, or is the advanced 4x4 TC required for that?

I can't answer 1, but I can confirm 2 so long as it's an automatic transmission.

Bigfuzzy17

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, BMW 428i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Such a fascinating thread as it reminds me of all the questions I had a year ago, I have a Base Auto non-squatch and I would of course love the rear lockers and could use them here in N GA - but here was the way I looked at this question [my budget was also $42-44ish for the 22 model]:

Four main questions - all with different value to each person, and thanks to many factors, hard to get all of these at the same time:

These were my priority, everyone has to make these choices:
A) Allocation + Constraints = Lead Time to ME needed to be <8 months
B) Price = My high target after taxes, options etc., had to be <$46k
C) Value/Utility = Wanted to pay fair price for features [this ruled out Big Bend for me]
D) Comfort/Looks = Wanted a cross between a weekend rock-crawler and a commuter
Outcome: Ordered a Base 4 door, auto, soft-top, non-squatch with mod bumper/skids plates + AUX + floor mats
Drive-out w/o customizations was $39,400
Added 1.25" lift, 33" KO2 [c-rated], Fuel Shok wheels 17x9, Speedo Recal Module, Go Rhino sidesteps/rocker, tinted windows + assorted internet accessories everyone seems to have while I waited!
Actual cost: $45390
Ordered DEC 21, Received JUN 22.

Only true "wish I had" item is the rear locker, yet I agree with most feedback and advice you are being given. Depending on how you rank ABCD above, you will have many options to stay at your pricepoint - I dont see how you can get "everything" you want without making "A" a non-issue - in other words, waiting for an indefinitely long period of time with severe unknowns.
For me, I chose a high allocation dealer, that only sold at MSRP and trusted them completely when they said "choose base or BB soft top w/o tow or PPF and your Bronco will come fast..."

Many people on Bronco6G have said for over a year that BB is at a funny pricepoint AND an odd value proposition. I have seen trackers and anecdotal data here that suggests Ford is pumping out way more BB than any other trim. Since they are a "for-profit" company, maybe there is a connection there - for me, the BB would have only solved priority "A" for me so I instantly ruled it out.
My perfect Bronco would have been the 2-door hard top BD at the same price, but I just didnt want to wait 12-18 months or more....

You have time to soak all this in - you are asking questions we have all lost sleep over, we just started earlier than you...

*Trail turn assist comes on all Bronco's

Last edited:

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base

all trims come with trail turn assist and can remote start using the app as long as it has auto transmission.

Last edited:

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
all trims come with trail turn assist. All trims can remote start using the app as long as it has auto transmission.
Trail turn assist is also not available with the manual transmission.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Such a fascinating thread as it reminds me of all the questions I had a year ago, I have a Base Auto non-squatch and I would of course love the rear lockers and could use them here in N GA - but here was the way I looked at this question [my budget was also $42-44ish for the 22 model]:

Four main questions - all with different value to each person, and thanks to many factors, hard to get all of these at the same time:

These were my priority, everyone has to make these choices:
A) Allocation + Constraints = Lead Time to ME needed to be <8 months
B) Price = My high target after taxes, options etc., had to be <$46k
C) Value/Utility = Wanted to pay fair price for features [this ruled out Big Bend for me]
D) Comfort/Looks = Wanted a cross between a weekend rock-crawler and a commuter
Outcome: Ordered a Base 4 door, auto, soft-top, non-squatch with mod bumper/skids plates + AUX + floor mats
Drive-out w/o customizations was $39,400
Added 1.25" lift, 33" KO2 [c-rated], Fuel Shok wheels 17x9, Speedo Recal Module, Go Rhino sidesteps/rocker, tinted windows + assorted internet accessories everyone seems to have while I waited!
Actual cost: $45390
Ordered DEC 21, Received JUN 22.

Only true "wish I had" item is the rear locker, yet I agree with most feedback and advice you are being given. Depending on how you rank ABCD above, you will have many options to stay at your pricepoint - I dont see how you can get "everything" you want without making "A" a non-issue - in other words, waiting for an indefinitely long period of time with severe unknowns.
For me, I chose a high allocation dealer, that only sold at MSRP and trusted them completely when they said "choose base or BB soft top w/o tow or PPF and your Bronco will come fast..."

Many people on Bronco6G have said for over a year that BB is at a funny pricepoint AND an odd value proposition. I have seen trackers and anecdotal data here that suggests Ford is pumping out way more BB than any other trim. Since they are a "for-profit" company, maybe there is a connection there - for me, the BB would have only solved priority "A" for me so I instantly ruled it out.
My perfect Bronco would have been the 2-door hard top BD at the same price, but I just didnt want to wait 12-18 months or more....

You have time to soak all this in - you are asking questions we have all lost sleep over, we just started earlier than you...

*Trail turn assist comes on all Bronco's
Thanks for the detailed response. It's refreshing to see a forum with so many people willing to help and share their experiences.

The decision I am struggling with is my logical side knows that a base bronco is all I NEED; while my ego doesn't want to buy a bronco without a locker. And if I get a trim that allows a locker option it's probably going to be the outter banks with options up to the high package. Either way I go I know I want 4 door, hard top, key pad, and aux switches. So the base model is $37,295 while the OBX is coming in at $47,635... It's like all or nothing, lol. I know that's a decision only I can make based on all the upgrades the extra $10K.

One question to help the decision is, how effective is the advanced trac on the base bronco? I'm assuming the bronco has the ability to use the ABS on the slipping wheels to increase traction like Toyota and Jeeps can. I've seen the bronco sport demonstrate the capability but there isn't a lot of info on the full sized bronco having it/and it's effectiveness. I'm assuming that if you are rock crawling on open diffs it must work.

Thanks again for all the info.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the detailed response. It's refreshing to see a forum with so many people willing to help and share their experiences.

The decision I am struggling with is my logical side knows that a base bronco is all I NEED; while my ego doesn't want to buy a bronco without a locker. And if I get a trim that allows a locker option it's probably going to be the outter banks with options up to the high package. Either way I go I know I want 4 door, hard top, key pad, and aux switches. So the base model is $37,295 while the OBX is coming in at $47,635... It's like all or nothing, lol. I know that's a decision only I can make based on all the upgrades the extra $10K.

One question to help the decision is, how effective is the advanced trac on the base bronco? I'm assuming the bronco has the ability to use the ABS on the slipping wheels to increase traction like Toyota and Jeeps can. I've seen the bronco sport demonstrate the capability but there isn't a lot of info on the full sized bronco having it/and it's effectiveness. I'm assuming that if you are rock crawling on open diffs it must work.

Thanks again for all the info.
Standby, I have a video that I found last night.

I think that demonstrates it well.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Was that with rear locker engaged or just advanced trac? Pretty impressive if not using locker.

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wasn’t able to see the full title initially, pretty impressive without lockers!

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just go basesquatch, the 2.3 will be plenty, you will not be disappointed.
If I could get a base sasquatch with a hard top in less than a year I would. Anyone know if the sasquatch and hard top contraints are resolved?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wasn’t able to see the full title initially, pretty impressive without lockers!
if you search YouTube for Bronco without lockers, you will find some content. Also buckle up buttercup channel is where Krista abuses her Bronco (2.3, no adv 4x4, no locker) and she does pretty well getting over obstacles for someone who has near 0 4x4 experience.

Bigfuzzy17

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, BMW 428i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree with latest posts. I went to Austin Off-Rodeo and found out exactly what you could do with front and rear lockers AND sway-bar disconnect. We didnt abuse those vehicles, but I doubt I would drive mine like that - especially if I dumped $60k into it.
That said, I would have added rear lockers if it was an available standalone option as you mention.
Given what I [and everyone] seems to spend on new wheels and tires, if you are ok with Squatch wheels and tires I would just go basesquatch as many posters have said - costs are not bad and I imagine squatch AND hard top are equally constrained.
My other assumption is that Ford is using this "no order down time" to get caught up and set proper, logical rules in place in August which will allow them to make and deliver many more Bronco's - when this happens, the market will probably start to flood and wait times will drop significantly.

If the beancounters have any sense at all they are stockpiling the items they already know are in demand before they open up order banks - also - if they open up the order banks BEFORE they are ready, then they deserve all the negative PR that will create - I wouldnt take 1 new order until I was ready....
I say all this to say you probably wont have to wait a year after order banks open to get exactly what you want, but it may be longer than August before they open up the flood gates again -=

Again best of luck. I admitted I wanted 2 door, BD, hard top and I got 4 door Base soft top and couldnt be much happier...

Last edited:

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I could get a base sasquatch with a hard top in less than a year I would. Anyone know if the sasquatch and hard top contraints are resolved?
I mentioned in another post that the Sasquatch wheels are a constraint at the moment and will be until the lockdowns in China finally end, which is who knows when at this point.

I don't really know about the hard top, outside of it still seems more constrained for 2Dr than more Door.
Sponsored