Base vs Big Bend trim question/help

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really depends on 2dr vs 4dr. For the 2dr, the BB upgrade is not worth the price and I would save the extra cash to do the upgrades yourself. If it's a 4dr, different story. As long as you like the wheels the BB saves you a bunch of cash (Alloy wheels, leather trim, LED fog lights, privacy glass, etc. all "must-have" items for me). The biggest issue I have with the base is not having privacy glass - aftermarket tint is expensive and it sucks. Upgrading to the 2.7L/AT will cost over $3k on either one for sure. I'm going 4dr BB because I like the wheels and grill and can just swap to a 33" MT tire and be done with it. Only upgrade I'm currently planning is the MIC hard-top. I'm not interested in the hard-core off-road stuff really, stock with good tires will get it done for me.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe I missed where this was already discussed. BB comes standard with “privacy glass”, but the soft top is standard and a hard top is optional, correct? Is Wildtrak the only trim that comes with a hardtop?
All 2 drs come with hardtop, no soft top available at launch.

Wildtrak comes with gloss black modular hardtop as standard equipment 2 or 4 door. As I'm sure FE does as well. Not sure if any other 4dr trims come standard with hardtop MIC or Modular standard.
The biggest issue I have with the base is not having privacy glass - aftermarket tint is expensive and it sucks.
You might want to find a better tint guy. 5 windows and maybe an eyebrow should only be about $500. And well installed quality tint can last multiple decades.

I mean if $500 could keep me from a $5000 upgrade I'd be all over that like white on rice.

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Wildtrak comes with gloss black modular hardtop as standard equipment 2 or 4 door. As I'm sure FE does as well. Not sure if any other 4dr trims come standard with hardtop MIC or Modular standard.

You might want to find a better tint guy. 5 windows and maybe an eyebrow should only be about $500. And well installed quality tint can last multiple decades.

I mean if $500 could keep me from a $5000 upgrade I'd be all over that like white on rice.
It's still $500 cash and you better do it right when you drive it off the lot if you want it to last. Nowhere near the quality of factory tint. And what if you want a soft top?

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base

Right, but if you don’t option a 4 door hard top, do you get tinted door windows and tinted zip up windows in the soft top?

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right, but if you don’t option a 4 door hard top, do you get tinted door windows and tinted zip up windows in the soft top?
I'm picking up what you're putting down now. It's a little unclear, like a lot of things now, but my ASSUMPTION would be tinted glass and tinted soft top windows

It's still $500 cash and you better do it right when you drive it off the lot if you want it to last. Nowhere near the quality of factory tint. And what if you want a soft top?
Well, yeah, you better do it right. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Right?

I forget about soft top, as the 4dr does not interest me at all. In that case I could see it.

Hope this isn't too blunt, but if $500 cash is expensive to you you probably shouldn't be buying a $35k-$40k new vehicle.

Last edited:

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let he who is without gin and juice cast the first stone
I'm still waiting on someone to ask about the LOWERING kits for them. Make it a pseudo-AWD drift king all cambered out with a splitter upfront.
?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm still waiting on someone to ask about the LOWERING kits for them. Make it a pseudo-AWD drift king all cambered out with a splitter upfront.
?
Full time RWD with selectable locker for my driftpony please!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm picking up what you're putting down now. It's a little unclear, like a lot of things now, but my ASSUMPTION would be tinted glass and tinted soft top windows

Well, yeah you better do it right. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Right?

I forget about soft top, as the 4dr does not interest me at all. In that case I could see it.

Hope this isn't too blunt, but if $500 cash is expensive to you you probably shouldn't be buying a $35k-$40k new vehicle.
Not to be too blunt - but $500 isn't expensive to me, but I like to get my money's worth. If it was I wouldn't be talking about purchasing a $50K vehicle.
If you are a tint installer and offended by this - maybe be up front about that instead of acting so defensive.

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to be too blunt - but $500 isn't expensive to me, but I like to get my money's worth.
Ok, I believe you. It must've been somebody else who said this....

...aftermarket tint is expensive...
It's still $500 cash...
If you are a tint installer and offended by this - maybe be up front about that instead of acting so defensive.
I am neither a tint installer or offended.

Was just trying to help.

Your definition of defensive must be different than mine.

Enjoy your Bronco!

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, I believe you. It must've been somebody else who said this....

I am neither a tint installer or offended.

Was just trying to help.

Your definition of defensive must be different than mine.

Enjoy your Bronco!
All right, maybe I took it the wrong way. It's all good.
We are all getting a little antsy I think waiting!

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All right, maybe I took it the wrong way. It's all good.
We are all getting a little antsy I think waiting!
For sure.

It's okay. Most people think I'm a dick.

jason1114

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

32" wheels are not available from Ford as a factory option on any consumer vehicle.

Modular is either gloss black or body color

4 dr modular=2 front sections, 1 middle section, rear clamshell with removable side windows.

2 dr modular=2 front sections, rear clamshell with "gunners hatch" instead of removable side windows.

MIC=same sections as modular but no removable side windows (4dr) or gunners hatch (2dr).
So the Mic is the same as the mod except for the fact you can’t remove the side windows??
Sponsored