Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Load range yes, puncture wise no. It's all about the number of plies. I have had so many tires punctured by twigs before I switched to LT tires on the Expy. I actually think one of my tires has had a nail in it for around 4 months now, and I keep forgetting to have it patched (but it's holding air just fine)

I will probably go with a C rated Cooper. The big problem with C rated tires is there is almost no selection. So, for every C rated tire you have about 80 E rated.

I don't have a problem with E-rated tires. If they made an E-rated that fit the Mustang I'd put E-rated on it.
So you think the LT labeled helps with puncture resistance vs P label if considering the same load rating C to C. E to E ( well probably no such thing as a P wE load

And...I'm considering 115=C and 121=E ...

Actual number of plies is kinda ambiguous these day.

Side note, I just went out and checked, BB load range C not labeled P or LT Tread 2 steel, 2 poly and 1 nylon, sidewall 2 poly. Cooper and Michelin LT load range Es on my F250 and motor home are the same???
Sponsored

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So you think the LT labeled helps with puncture resistance vs P label if considering the same load rating C to C. E to E ( well probably no such thing as a P wE load

And...I'm considering 115=C and 121=E ...

Actual number of plies is kinda ambiguous these day.

Side note, I just went out and checked, BB load range C not labeled P or LT Tread 2 steel, 2 poly and 1 nylon, sidewall 2 poly. Cooper and Michelin LT load range Es on my F250 and motor home are the same???
E rated Milestar Patagonia M/T's ride just fine, they're just a bit heavy in 295/70R17 (like 62 lbs each).

OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The OBX cloth interior is MUCH nicer than the Base, Big Bend, and depending on your opinion of MGV may or may not be better for you.
Are the plastics better in the OBX vs the other trims or just the seating materials? I saw a few places on line that provide seat covers in MGV and leather. For me, the OBX’s strength is the better interior. I really don’t care for the OBX wheels and meh with body colored flares, mirrors, and handles. If the plastics are the same across the board I’d probably go BD for the MGV.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are the plastics better in the OBX vs the other trims or just the seating materials? I saw a few places on line that provide seat covers in MGV and leather. For me, the OBX’s strength is the better interior. I really don’t care for the OBX wheels and meh with body colored flares, mirrors, and handles. If the plastics are the same across the board I’d probably go BD for the MGV.
The plastics are the same across the board. The only differences are the seat stitching color for the trims, the interior color options for the trims, and that Badlands and Black diamond have mgv standard instead of cloth.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't like the OBX matched flares and I really disliked the OEM wheels/tires (until I was commuting on them 700 miles every weekend and gas got stupid.

Since I didn't like the OBX exterior fridge magnets, wheels, tires, and lack of a front bash plate... Here is how I handled it.

Ford Bronco Base vs Big Bend IMG_20220525_220812

Ford Bronco Base vs Big Bend 20220206_144712

As far as the interior plastic goes, it may be marginally nicer, but it is still plastic at the end of the day. Visually, the plastic in the OBX with the Roast interior looks nicer in my opinion.

See attached pictures.

Ford Bronco Base vs Big Bend IMG_20220620_072018

The Brown on the dash is a hard plastic, but nicely textured, and not unpleasant to the touch.

Ford Bronco Base vs Big Bend IMG_20220620_072006

The Brown on the doors is not hard plastic, and is probably vinyl with padding underneath. My arm spends a lot of time there and while it could use a little more padding for 6 hour stints, it also is not bad.

Ford Bronco Base vs Big Bend IMG_20220620_072918

The cloth seats in the OBX are definitely a step above all the others in my opinion (except maybe the FE - which I don't think was available with cloth), my girlfriend prefers the WildTrak cloth, but mostly because it has a Bronco on it.

Although visually, I dislike the OBX wheels and tires, it is really hard to argue with this on the highway averaging 76+ MPH including a fuel/rest stop through Texas Hill Country.

Ford Bronco Base vs Big Bend IMG_20220614_222855

I have pulled off 23.5 MPG at the same speeds, but 23 MPG on the Interstate at 75-85 MPH is pretty typical with the setup I am currently running. The Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back Exhaust is responsible for about 1.5 mpg and the tires did the rest, previously I was getting around 17-18 MPG.
I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrayEagleRider

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That does help, thanks. I was wondering about the roast colored interior and how it looks in real life. The pics on the B&P page really don’t do it justice.
Nice looking rig!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That does help, thanks. I was wondering about the roast colored interior and how it looks in real life. The pics on the B&P page really don’t do it justice.
Nice looking rig!
Thanks. I was worried about the interior too. However, everytime I jump in, I am pleased with the choice. If I lived somewhere where the summer wasn't 110+, I might have gone for the leather trimmed vinyl, but honestly - having lived with the cloth for 6 months, I would not change it for the leather (unless I had the 4 door for the power seats).

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree with all…
Curious, how long did it take to get your base with Sasquatch and 2.7? Is anyone else taking the constraints into account when ordering?
I reserved and ordered the same day right before the 3/19/21 cut off date for a MY 21. I have base with sasquatch and it is getting built next week. I wouldn't remove anything you really want unless you are in a time crunch.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went BB because I wanted the mid package. It had features that my last few cars had that I have learned to just love(mostly auto climate control).

I do wish I checked the box for the locker but so far knock on wood haven't needed it. I have taken mine off road and I did just fine. It was probably mild off roading compared to what some people consider off road around here though haha. We did some forest trails that had mud, ruts, big muddy puddles to splash through, climbed over some small logs then went and played in the sand and did some hill climbing. Did get stuck once, but that was driver error on my part. Only thing I couldn't do was the rock climbing section of the park.

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trying to decide on what configuration I’m going to order once the banks open in mid August. Trying to stay around the $45Kish price (before taxes and dealer fees), which has me looking at the Base, BB and BD.

My specific question is, what specifically do you get for the $2700 when you upgrade from base to BB? Other than leather wrapped steering wheel, wheels, tires, and the ability to option upgrades? Any technology or interior materials?

might go Basesquatch but the delay for the sas package has me concerned.

thanks in advance.
For me, i had to start at BB because i wanted the white Bronco on the grill...base is black

Sponsored

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Confirm that rear camera isn't a difference. FOr some reason it this it is.
Thanks for the follow up. The $2700 is the 4 door difference in price. I guess it’s mainly the barrier for a lot of cool options. I really want a rear locker but more so want the lower gears for 33s down the road. Might wait on the basesquatch.

Was it the BD optional AL wheels that are your favorite? I just kinda meh on the steelies. The MGV seats are cool. I wasn’t even thinking of the heat. Might be ok here in MD.

bagsBronco22

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 4dr manual BB with rear locker was cheaper than a base mainly because the base comes with the auto.
Unfortunately it was stuck on dirt mountain for the last 5-6 months so I cancelled and now getting a base which is nearly $1500 more.

The differences: wheels/tires, leather wrapped wheel (bb), center grab handle (bb), rear passenger window tint (bb), black Bronco text on grille (base), more available options on BB including rear locker, mid package etc.

mamamoose

Big Bend
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Big Bend comes with P rated P255/75R17 tires stock.

P rated tires are soft squishy junk and will puncture on twigs, small rocks, or a stray cholla spine.

They are also Bridgestone/Firestones.

BD comes with actual LT rated General Grabbers.
I did not mean they wee phenomenal for rock crawling. I meant they didn't seem damaged after sitting on Ice Mountain for four months. Also, some people didn't buy their Bronco to do off-roading. Some people bought their bronco for safer winter driving or nostalgia or just because it looks cool.

p.s. I live in Ohio, so I had to look up what a chollo spine was.
Sponsored