First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Taurus, 2019 Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got a Big Bend and I love the gray rims instead of the black or chrome one. My tires are also not garbage. Mine sat on Ice Mountain for a few months and my tires are phenomenal. I got the 2.3 Manual and I absolutely love the get up and go that she has.
Sponsored

BFizzy

Big Bend
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got a Big Bend and I love the gray rims instead of the black or chrome one. My tires are also not garbage. Mine sat on Ice Mountain for a few months and my tires are phenomenal. I got the 2.3 Manual and I absolutely love the get up and go that she has.
Agreed. The duelers are great on the highway and look a lot bigger in person. The manual is the most important option for driving enjoyment.

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I love our Basesquatch but really wish I could have optioned the factory tow and would have been nice to have the factory tint. I would seriously consider the BB second time around.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sasquatch is not the constraint it was and build times are getting quicker,375 days from order to drive.Sasquatch is awesome auto gives you trail turn assist 😃👍 great value.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trying to decide on what configuration I’m going to order once the banks open in mid August. Trying to stay around the $45Kish price (before taxes and dealer fees), which has me looking at the Base, BB and BD.

My specific question is, what specifically do you get for the $2700 when you upgrade from base to BB? Other than leather wrapped steering wheel, wheels, tires, and the ability to option upgrades? Any technology or interior materials?

might go Basesquatch but the delay for the sas package has me concerned.

thanks in advance.
My advice to you is to be very honest with yourself on how much heavy duty off roading you will do or even can do geographically.

If a good amount, it's been my experience that ppl wish the went with SAS package.

If most a daily with weekend light off roading then maybe you don't need SAS.

For me, it's my daily and I use it to go camping/fishing. I am not going to be Baja or rock crawling (not much around where I am in the mid west.)

Side note: who still builds Broncos on their website even though you have already received their Bronco already like I do?

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Something to think about, if you get the manual then you get 4.46 gears instead of the 3.73.

To me that's the main reason to get the BB, cheapest way into the stick shift on a 4-door.

If you want an automatic, then BD seems a better value. You get steel bumpers front and back, rear locker, and standard 4.46 gears. With the 2.3 and an AT it comes in at just over $43k. MGV seats are popular, and probably won't burn your flesh off in MD like they would in AZ.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My advice to you is to be very honest with yourself on how much heavy duty off roading you will do or even can do geographically.

If a good amount, it's been my experience that ppl wish the went with SAS package.

If most a daily with weekend light off roading then maybe you don't need SAS.

For me, it's my daily and I use it to go camping/fishing. I am not going to be Baja or rock crawling (not much around where I am in the mid west.)

Side note: who still builds Broncos on their website even though you have already received their Bronco already like I do?
This is good advice, and even if you are going to be doing moderate off roading, the non-sasquatch with the advanced 4x4 transfer case is still going to do 90% of what the sasquatch package is capable of.

The front locker would have been nice to have, but honestly, I don't do that kind of extreme climbing... I am much more likely to baja. I can always use a winch where I might have needed a front locker.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sasquatch is not the constraint it was and build times are getting quicker,375 days from order to drive.Sasquatch is awesome auto gives you trail turn assist 😃👍 great value.
Actually, Sasquatch is a constraint again, but this time for the wheels. The 8 week plus lock-down in China, where the wheels are made, has resulted in a shortage of them.

Anything with the Sasquatch package, with the exception of Everglades, or the Wildtrak will have very limited scheduling until the wheel supply gets better or they find another solution.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a Big Bend and I love the gray rims instead of the black or chrome one. My tires are also not garbage. Mine sat on Ice Mountain for a few months and my tires are phenomenal.
Big Bend comes with P rated P255/75R17 tires stock.

P rated tires are soft squishy junk and will puncture on twigs, small rocks, or a stray cholla spine.

They are also Bridgestone/Firestones.

BD comes with actual LT rated General Grabbers.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a base apologist. My basesquatch 2.7 4 dr was $45k and has everything I want, super happy with it. I have a second bronco coming which is a true base, zero upgrades. Going to drop some badlands or black diamond take offs for cheap and leave as is on that one, if you aren’t wanting 35’s and you’re staying manual I think it will be geared plenty low as is.

Base is so much truck for the money!
Resized_20211205_113758(1).jpeg

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the suggestions. What’s so special about the advanced 4x4 TC? That the trail turn assist?

Also, does the bronco have the brake assisted traction control like the bronco sport?
Well, first of all, it gives you 4A, which means that you don't have to select 4H or 4L, but rather the vehicle adapts to conditions, which can help you to put down power under all conditions. It also has a better low range in the transfer case.

Since the Bronco has AdvanceTrac, I would assume that it can selectively apply the brakes, but Ford doesn't really describe how it differs from the Bronco and other vehicles or how GOAT modes affect it.

Sure, you get trail turn assist, and in the 2.7 you get one pedal drive, but I see 4A as the bigger draw.

Even with the 4.27 gears and 33.5" tires, it has plenty of gear for anything I could anticipate running up against.

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
For $45K (less because price-protected), the 2.7 4D Basequatch was such a good deal, mostly because I didn't trust myself to do suspension upgrades properly. You get both lockers and all the off-road toy buttons filled out on top of the dash (like a rubicon for 10K less).

I actually like the idea of tinting windows in a stepped-up quality, customized way too. Hitches and wiring are cheap. The only other consideration for me was a BD, skipped over BB entirely. I did want a heated steering wheel, but the mid options weren't important by my judgement.

I do like that Ford has such a wide array of choices, evidenced by all the great opinions above. I get the manual trans argument particularly. But is was Ford offering sasquatch on the base that was the real party trick.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For $45K (less because price-protected), the 2.7 4D Basequatch was such a good deal, mostly because I didn't trust myself to do suspension upgrades properly. You get both lockers and all the off-road toy buttons filled out on top of the dash (like a rubicon for 10K less).

I actually like the idea of tinting windows in a stepped-up quality, customized way too. Hitches and wiring are cheap. The only other consideration for me was a BD, skipped over BB entirely. I did want a heated steering wheel, but the mid options weren't important by my judgement.

I do like that Ford has such a wide array of choices, evidenced by all the great opinions above. I get the manual trans argument particularly. But is was Ford offering sasquatch on the base that was the real party trick.
The 2.7 BaseSquatch is an extraordinary deal, especially if you are planning to hardcore off-road.

If you don't like the seats, you can get them re-upholstered or covered. If you want to other tech gadgets, many times you can add them (but not always affordably).

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really am hoping to get to Moab next year but I also wanted the best bang for the bucks,if I ever got somewhere where I needed it and didn't have it I'd kick myself now if I don't make it I only have myself to blame.😬😵

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Big items missing from the base and big bend are skid plates and steel bumpers. I will say I didn't place as much value on them till my first trip out wheeling. If your on a budget Black Diamond starts adding a lot of value.
Sponsored