Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How does 4A differ from the standard BB 4 wheel drive?
Essentially, if people allow it to be boiled down, "robust" AWD be. Part time 4wd. When I say robust I mean, more like actual 4wd than say Subaru/Honda/Toyota.

Part time 4wd should only be used on slippery stuff. 4A is smart enough to switch on its own when the truck decides it. I consider it more effective up here in MA where one town is great and the next is horrible. Part time would have you switch back and forth on your own.

Edit link
Sponsored

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How does 4A differ from the standard BB 4 wheel drive?
Set it and forget it. Goes into 4 wheel when it senses slippage. You don’t have to manually dial it in. Good for snow covered roads when you come across ice unexpectedly.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I started out with an OBX during initial reservation, but then went with a BB and upgraded it. I basically built a WT after comparing it and it came out cheaper than the WT standard. Only difference is I don’t have the Baja goat mode but don’t need it anyways. If you can live without some things on OBX, then go with a lower trip and customize it more to your liking it might still be cheaper. Plus the residuals are higher on lower trims anyways. But I do like the interior color options on OBX better

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I started out with an OBX during initial reservation, but then went with a BB and upgraded it. I basically built a WT after comparing it and it came out cheaper than the WT standard. Only difference is I don’t have the Baja goat mode but don’t need it anyways. If you can live without some things on OBX, then go with a lower trip and customize it more to your liking it might still be cheaper. Plus the residuals are higher on lower trims anyways. But I do like the interior color options on OBX better
I wonder how close you get to g.o.a.t. mode BAJA when you put it in SPORT and advanced auto 4wd...

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, for me it was just really wanting that high package (12" screen is so damn pretty). Then I went "f' it" and grabbed the lux when placed my order (the lure of heated steering wheel and adaptive cc).

Sponsored

MightyAndrew

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also remember part of the reason OBX and up are more expensive is the instrument cluster is suppose to be upgraded. We have not seen it yet though. it doesn't account for all the money but it is part.
This reply is from almost 6 months ago. Is this still the case? I cannot find where it is that this upgraded instrument cluster is mentioned. Sorry if it is right in front of my face and I am missing it.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seems like the OB ends up being the better buy.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This reply is from almost 6 months ago. Is this still the case? I cannot find where it is that this upgraded instrument cluster is mentioned. Sorry if it is right in front of my face and I am missing it.
Ford has clarified nothing. Nobody knows.
Sponsored