First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the info. I had read it could damage your transfer case. I've only had AWD in the past until recently buying a Ranger. I did use 4H once in a monsoon, but otherwise I leave it in 2H. This winter will be my first with it. I still like the foolproof nature of 4A, but I can live without it.
You just dont want to put it into 4H if the pavement is dry,yes it will damage your 4wd mostly from when you turn.Most 4wd systems allow you to change to 4wd as long as your going 60mph or slower. 4L you need to completely stop and then put into 4L.

I have only used 4L one time and that was on my steep driveway with 12" of snow

Went up with this in 4H no problem.The ruts were packed ice and snow

Ford Bronco Outer Banks vs Big Bend 20170107_130648
Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not totally sure. I was sorta liking it. Then my wife said 'god no'. So in short, I won't be getting the sandstone, lol.
Yeah i had the same thoughts. Kinda looks cool but better play it safe

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to clarify the comments on 4A vs 4H. You should not use 4H “on road” unless there is a consistent lack of traction. The transfer case does not have a “differential “ between front and rear axles and you can definitely damage your transfer case on surfaces that don’t allow wheel slip. I have had both and with few exceptions, I don’t need the three modes. With traction control and ABS, 2wd in borderline conditions works for me. Even wet roads, as long as your have the same size tires front to rear and don’t drive aggressively, will allow enough slip to avoid damage. High speed running or going from dry to wet to slush and snow and back (mountain driving in Oregon) it was nice.

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thoughts on BB seat colors?

Anyone like the 2 tone sandstone look?
I am with many others on this thread. I was convinced it would be the OBX - but that was mainly to unlock the higher packages to upgrade the sound system, but on my build the cost spread is just too much (I can upgrade speakers in the aftermarket for a lot cheaper). As to your question - I like the sandstone better than the darker brown on the OBX, particularly in the cloth seats and I am not a fan of the blue dash In the other OBX interior. I am settled on AMB exterior and think the Sandstone will go nice with that.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's great. Where did that come from, I couldn't find it on Ford's site? I still need (want) 4A, which doesn't appear to be a stand alone option on BB.
I found that when I tried 4A on BB it made me chose Sasquatch.

GPW

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

The sandstone/black seats were okay, but the sandstone dash was just too much. I'll stick with gray, especially since I'm thinking A51, and you see some of the body color on the door.

Be sure to check out the Materials Walk-through video. The BB seat fabric shown there looks quite different (and better) than what's in the CGI pictures.

I'm still considering BD with marine-grade vinyl, but really concerned about seats getting too hot here in Texas.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the automatic transfer case is completely useless and a waste of money. I hope I don't regret passing on it for the next ten years.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No need for 4A in my opinion. I've had standard transfer cases (4H/4L) for 20 years. I've always used 4H in snow and have never damaged anything. This is with all my old rangers, broncos, and f-150s.

HuskerJen47

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just to clarify the comments on 4A vs 4H. You should not use 4H “on road” unless there is a consistent lack of traction. The transfer case does not have a “differential “ between front and rear axles and you can definitely damage your transfer case on surfaces that don’t allow wheel slip. I have had both and with few exceptions, I don’t need the three modes. With traction control and ABS, 2wd in borderline conditions works for me. Even wet roads, as long as your have the same size tires front to rear and don’t drive aggressively, will allow enough slip to avoid damage. High speed running or going from dry to wet to slush and snow and back (mountain driving in Oregon) it was nice.
So this will be first 4WD...is the 2WD for Bronco actually Rear wheel drive?

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I found that when I tried 4A on BB it made me chose Sasquatch.
Yeah, it appears the base and BB trims require sasquach to option the auto transfer case.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello there, any of you guys out there that are deciding between these two models (4dr)?

So, i did a B&P on Big Bend, added the tube steps, mid package (AT included), and LED lamps, and this is still about 3k less than the Outer Banks... Does this mean that whoever is getting the Outer Banks is literally paying that extra 3k for the color matched door handle, over fender and 1" bigger wheel?

What am I missing here? or you guys think this price gap is justified?
12inch screen and B&O sound system

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No need for 4A in my opinion. I've had standard transfer cases (4H/4L) for 20 years. I've always used 4H in snow and have never damaged anything. This is with all my old rangers, broncos, and f-150s.
I agree. In fact if you do some googling there's a bunch of articles out there on how AWD is really a marketing gimmick more than anything else. Proper driving and just knowing what you need when will serve you, and your car, better.

And yes. Sorry I didn't clarify in my other post, but you shouldn't use 4H on dry surfaces.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do! I'm really digging it, and thankfully my Wife is on board with it as well.
Sponsored