mack3345

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Made my reservation last April so I'm sure I got a few months to go but been going back and forth on this for months. I read all the threads and are still torn. My budget was was $50,000 and both Badlands and Outer Banks SAS with the options I want put me within 1,000 of it. This will be my daily driver about a 40 min ride to work and see very little off roading.

4 door
High Package
2.3 Auto
Keyless Entry
Hard Top
Aux Switches

The main reason why I'm torn is with the BL I get the MGV which I like a lot more style/function then the cloth Navy Pier of the OB. And think it will be great if the top is off and got hit in a rain storm the seats won't get ruined and easier to clean with my 2 kids. Plus the steal bumpers and steel bash plate. If I go OB I loose the MGV and then I do get the SAS which I think looks great and gives me the function of mostly what the BL does. My only after thought is I'm sure in a couple years I could get the SAS wheels pretty cheaply aftermarket and put them on once the 33's wear down and upgrade then. I know I'll loose gearing but it will give me the look I really like.

Thoughts/suggestions

Thanks guys
Sponsored

JMY217

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Sas/Lux/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just took delivery of my Bronco recently. I had originally placed an order for Badlands with High, and changed to OBX sas with Lux. As a daily driver, I really enjoy the creature comforts but Im also retaining a ton of the functionality. I dont rock crawl, so the biggest loss for me was the sway bar disconnect but Im super pleased with my choice.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couple of thoughts...

Unless you like the SAS wheels, there is nothing saying you can't put 35's on the stock Badlands rims. I think there is only about a 1/2" lift difference between the stock Badlands and the SAS package. I've also seen people already post about 35's on a stock Badlands so there shouldn't be an issue.

The other consideration is the sway bar disconnect. Can't get it on OBX. So if you want it, you need to go Badlands.

I made the swap from OBX to Badlands. Felt that the OBX was capped in capability. Rather have the more capable base to build off of should I want to go hardcore.

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Made my reservation last April so I'm sure I got a few months to go but been going back and forth on this for months. I read all the threads and are still torn. My budget was was $50,000 and both Badlands and Outer Banks SAS with the options I want put me within 1,000 of it. This will be my daily driver about a 40 min ride to work and see very little off roading.

4 door
High Package
2.3 Auto
Keyless Entry
Hard Top
Aux Switches

The main reason why I'm torn is with the BL I get the MGV which I like a lot more style/function then the cloth Navy Pier of the OB. And think it will be great if the top is off and got hit in a rain storm the seats won't get ruined and easier to clean with my 2 kids. Plus the steal bumpers and steel bash plate. If I go OB I loose the MGV and then I do get the SAS which I think looks great and gives me the function of mostly what the BL does. My only after thought is I'm sure in a couple years I could get the SAS wheels pretty cheaply aftermarket and put them on once the 33's wear down and upgrade then. I know I'll loose gearing but it will give me the look I really like.

Thoughts/suggestions

Thanks guys
As others noted, you loose the sway bar disconnect. I went with the OB because the step makes it possible for my passengers to get in easily AND it takes the brunt of the stones being thrown from the tires!
I also drive 45 minutes to work and like the Lux package. I opted for the cloth seats after I drove one last summer in 80 plus degrees. The MGV and leather were way too hot in the sun. I love the cloth and it cleans easily.
Btw, I get over 20 mpg on 93 octane in my 2.7 as long as Iā€™m not mashing it all the time.

Photoflow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This discussion is actually pertinent to my decision making about which Bronco package to order. I live in SoCal and will be driving with the top down much of the year. With my old Jeep TJ, the cloth seats were invaluable because they didnā€™t get hot sitting in the sun with the top down. Hence, Iā€™m somewhat leaning toward Outer Banks because I can get the cloth seats that wonā€™t get hot in the sun, while still providing me plenty of off road ability and I can always upgrade in the future.

Iā€™m guessing those MGV seats in the Badlands will get mighty hot sitting out in the sun. Although blazing hot seats are good for taking off the outer layer of skin cells. :)

I guess it all depends on your primary vehicle usage.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By the time you Sasquatch an OBX, you are basically paying for a BL. Think of it this way, do you want to live with an interior you canā€™t do a thing about, or get the interior you want and at a later date swap out the rims for a Sasquatch look. For what my Bronco would be used for the OBX would be the choice. However, the interior options and the pedestrian standard wheel and tires made me select BL.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This discussion is actually pertinent to my decision making about which Bronco package to order. I live in SoCal and will be driving with the top down much of the year. With my old Jeep TJ, the cloth seats were invaluable because they didnā€™t get hot sitting in the sun with the top down. Hence, Iā€™m somewhat leaning toward Outer Banks because I can get the cloth seats that wonā€™t get hot in the sun, while still providing me plenty of off road ability and I can always upgrade in the future.

Iā€™m guessing those MGV seats in the Badlands will get mighty hot sitting out in the sun. Although blazing hot seats are good for taking off the outer layer of skin cells. :)

I guess it all depends on your primary vehicle usage.
I agree with you on getting cloth seats in SoCal. For someone who wants top off a lot and lives in a place that doesn't get rainfall for a good chunk of the year, it makes perfect sense. However, being in Texas where a 30% chance of a splash and dash rain occurs most days in the summer, I would want MGV seats. It's much easier to put a towel down over your seat while you're parked to prevent it from burning your butt, than risk the cloth seats turning into a midlew factory from getting caught in that surprise rain (as has happened with our wrangler).

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get MGV and add cloth seat covers. Boom, done.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Badlands 7MT & Optional Beadlock Wheels

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the 12" screen with 360 camera and signature lights aren't a deal breaker for you, a mid SAS BD would be the least expensive of those options at $49,475 as you spec'd, and you'd get the best of both, the SAS package and MGV interior.

Sponsored

Photoflow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Lucky

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 OB Sasquatch V6 2-Door AMB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I had the same thoughts choosing between Badlands and OB Sasquatch, and ultimately went for the roast cloth interior because itā€™s my daily so I wanted the interior that appeals most to me. I can disconnect the sway bar with a wrench myself (or wait for the aftermarket solution) but I canā€™t switch the interior as easily.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went Badlands with similar considerations. Not enough I care about with Lux to entice me (would like adaptive cruise but not for $2300).

SAS is great, but I donā€™t like the step. I also prefer the KO2s and know I can upgrade size when they wear out (KO2s come in 295, 33.8ā€). Those might be perfect for me.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose thatā€™s possible, seems like some good quality seat coverings out there. Just a quick google returned the below seat covers which look pretty nice. Any other suggestions out there?

https://realtruck.com/p/covercraft-carhartt-super-dux-precisionfit-seat-covers/cvc-gtf4283cobk/
A few weeks ago I ordered the Carhartt seat covers from Ford Accessories using the discount code posted on the forum. It might still be active and a search should turn up the code. I did this after riding in a friendā€™s truck for 15 hours on a long road trip. He had a 5 year old set installed and I found the covers to be in great shape, they fit his seats really well with no sag and were comfortable. Too bad Ford hasnā€˜t delivered my Bronco as fast as I got the seat covers.

Photoflow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A few weeks ago I ordered the Carhartt seat covers from Ford Accessories using the discount code posted on the forum. It might still be active and a search should turn up the code. I did this after riding in a friendā€™s truck for 15 hours on a long road trip. He had a 5 year old set installed and I found the covers to be in great shape, they fit his seats really well with no sag and were comfortable. Too bad Ford hasnā€˜t delivered my Bronco as fast as I got the seat covers.
Based on your comment via Ford Accessories, I also found the below front seat covers. We may be onto something here that could sway me toward the Badlands! LOL

I also like that these covers provide some storage for behind the seat.

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...ront-seat-covers-with-molle-straps-in-black-1
Sponsored