Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I picked up this Infinity “hideaway” sub for a nice discount:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108BASSLMI/Infinity-BassLink-Mini.html

It will be close, but I think it will be able to fit under the drivers seat.

I was able to find that there is a potential pathway to run speaker wire from the passenger kick panel speaker over to the driver kick panel. Any thoughts on this?

7A1F9B39-60E6-443C-BB54-4F98AEE6ED83.jpeg
Did you ever get the sub mounted under the drivers seat? It would be great see some pics of what you ended up with. thx
Sponsored

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It was done by a shop so I can't say 100%, but I'm fairly positive it's just the left side. That's where all my wiring is running. I chatted with the guy before the install and asked if they were going to tie into the 6.5" or the 4" and he said he always ties into the back speaker closest and never has had an issue. And honestly it sounds amazing.

AD012653-4906-41B0-BE3D-6F3DC8252304.jpeg
It was done by a shop so I can't say 100%, but I'm fairly positive it's just the left side. That's where all my wiring is running. I chatted with the guy before the install and asked if they were going to tie into the 6.5" or the 4" and he said he always ties into the back speaker closest and never has had an issue. And honestly it sounds amazing.

AD012653-4906-41B0-BE3D-6F3DC8252304.jpeg
interested in doing this. Question, what do you do with the sub when you park somewhere with the top down?

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This thread will help you a lot with your concern.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-sound-system-upgrade-build.18480/page-32#post-947479

I will try to look if the subwoofer OEM is pre-wired for entry trim levels.

Most of the time, same harnesses are used for all trims, therefore, there is a high probability to have the OEM subwoofer wires already in place on your right back panel and perhaps will need to do forscan to make it work.
Ford used to include the harness on the F150s on a trims, but stopped after 2018, just in time for my 2019……

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Install it yet? How’s it sound?
Did you ever get the sub mounted under the drivers seat? It would be great see some pics of what you ended up with. thx
Sorry for the delay.

I have the Infinity Basslink Mini installed and I’m very happy with the sound from such a small form factor. However, I was not able to install it under the driver seat. The sub is about 3” tall and while I could jam it under the seat I didn’t think it was a good idea. The speaker would have been pinned between the rear air vents and the bottom of the seat.

Under the rear seats isn’t an option because of the way they fold down, so in the trunk seems to be the only option for a sub in the Bronco.

I first attempted to use Velcro tape to mount the sub flat on the cargo floor, but it wasn’t secure enough for my liking and it was taking up a lot of space so I ended up mounting it vertically to the side panel in the trunk. The basslink comes with the mounting hardware.

The installation doesn’t involve anything overly difficult, but there is a lot of removing panels and a lot of wire splicing.

I am now extremely happy with my total setup which is:

- Upgraded all 6 speakers to Infinity Reference
- Infinity Basslink Mini Subwoofer
- Kicker Key 200.4 Amplifier

I started with just upgrading the speakers and was very underwhelmed. IMO, you can’t just upgrade the speakers and power them from the factory head unit. To unlock the full potential of your new speakers you need to amplify them and add some DSP to create a proper soundstage. The Kicker Key does this for you. The subwoofer rounded out the overall system, but the Amp/DSP had a far greater overall impact.

48EA551A-AB49-4258-8165-F6D9C5D82E48.jpeg

DEA1D388-1DF7-4717-8EA9-4B1182779377.jpeg

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for the delay.

I have the Infinity Basslink Mini installed and I’m very happy with the sound from such a small form factor. However, I was not able to install it under the driver seat. The sub is about 3” tall and while I could jam it under the seat I didn’t think it was a good idea. The speaker would have been pinned between the rear air vents and the bottom of the seat.

Under the rear seats isn’t an option because of the way they fold down, so in the trunk seems to be the only option for a sub in the Bronco.

I first attempted to use Velcro tape to mount the sub flat on the cargo floor, but it wasn’t secure enough for my liking and it was taking up a lot of space so I ended up mounting it vertically to the side panel in the trunk. The basslink comes with the mounting hardware.

The installation doesn’t involve anything overly difficult, but there is a lot of removing panels and a lot of wire splicing.

I started with just upgrading the speakers and was very underwhelmed. IMO, you can’t just upgrade the speakers and power them from the factory head unit. To unlock the full potential of your new speakers you need to amplify them and add some DSP to create a proper soundstage. The Kicker Key does this for you. The subwoofer rounded out the overall system, but the Amp/DSP had a far greater overall impact.

Which Infinity reference series speakers? My bronco is soon to arrive. Have links?

Sponsored
OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

clarkT

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you! Seems many leave the rear 6.5 stock. So with the kicker amp, you think it’s worth upgrading the rears?
I don’t think it’s worth upgrading the 4” rear pod speakers. They only add a little bit of “fill” sound and are still powered by the factory head unit. You could save $200 there.

If I were doing it again I’d start with upgrading the 4 front speakers and the kicker amp. While installing that, I’d either just get the sub done at the same time or I would at least run the wiring to the trunk for the sub since you’d have all of the panels off.

Vooch

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Crosstrek xv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm happy to see the Infinity's fit. I replaced the speakers in my Subaru back in 2014 with Infinity REF-6502's. Still sound great in there 7 years later. I'll probably go with those for the dash and kick panel and a more modestly priced option for the roll bar pods.

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry for the delay.

Ford Bronco Base System Subwoofer Install DEA1D388-1DF7-4717-8EA9-4B1182779377

Ford Bronco Base System Subwoofer Install DEA1D388-1DF7-4717-8EA9-4B1182779377
wonder is there is any way to flush that sub on the right side of your trunk.

Sponsored

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for the delay.

Question for you on this. Looking to do something similar. If you split off the 6.5’s signal for the subwoofer how did you connect the kicker amp to get more power to the same 6.5”s? Did split the signal off 2 times one for the sub and 1 for the kicker amp?

What input signal did you use for the kicker amp? The 4” or 6.5”?

As for subwoofer is the infinity the best sounding or the Kenwood mentioned earlier in the thread?

Last edited:
OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for you on this. Looking to do something similar. If you split off the 6.5’s signal for the subwoofer how did you connect the kicker amp to get more power to the same 6.5”s? Did split the signal off 2 times one for the sub and 1 for the kicker amp?

What input signal did you use for the kicker amp? The 4” or 6.5”?

As for subwoofer is the infinity the best sounding or the Kenwood mentioned earlier in the thread?
So, if you take a look at the speaker wiring diagram the factory head unit provides signal to the front 6.5” speakers and that same signal is routed up to the 4” speakers in the dash. I took the input to the 6.5” speakers and input that to the kicker key. I ran the 6.5” outputs from the key to the inputs of the subwoofer.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/6-speaker-system-jpg.148759/

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, if you take a look at the speaker wiring diagram the factory head unit provides signal to the front 6.5” speakers and that same signal is routed up to the 4” speakers in the dash. I took the input to the 6.5” speakers and input that to the kicker key. I ran the 6.5” outputs from the key to the inputs of the subwoofer.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachments/6-speaker-system-jpg.148759/

Ok that makes sense, thanks for the insight. You have the Kicker Key powering the two pairs of speakers in the front. Nothing to the rear?

Where did you mount your Kicker Key?

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok that makes sense, thanks for the insight. You have the Kicker Key powering the two pairs of speakers in the front. Nothing to the rear?

Where did you mount your Kicker Key?
I have the factory unit powering the rear speakers. The rear speakers aren’t really all that important to creating a soundstage. They really just add a little bit of fill sound.

I followed what some others have done with the kicker key and mounted it under the steering column. It fits amazingly well and provides a convenient location for accessing and hiding all of the speaker wires:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-sound-system-upgrade-build.18480/post-746171

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the factory unit powering the rear speakers. The rear speakers aren’t really all that important to creating a soundstage. They really just add a little bit of fill sound.

I followed what some others have done with the kicker key and mounted it under the steering column. It fits amazingly well and provides a convenient location for accessing and hiding all of the speaker wires:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/base-sound-system-upgrade-build.18480/post-746171
Thanks. Do you have a remote wire to turn on the amp or does it detect it from the audio signal to turn on?
Sponsored