gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So do all of the 2023 Broncos come with a sub now? I have a 2023 on order but I am wondering if I need the stinger or if the factory sub is good enough. Can I just replace the factory sub with a higher quality one of the same size? Like a Kicker? Would that be worth it?
Sponsored

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you mount the sub in the factory location? What did you use?
I made a thing! Custom sub box build complete! | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

there is a company out there called sr-custom who makes a box and puts it with an 8 inch sub for like 600$ (not certain that the sub comes with it) that's if you don't want to do it your self.. I assume someone with more experience than me could fit a 12 inch in there.

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was thinking about that, but
1. I didn't have spare plastic for mounting (but plenty of zip ties!).
2. The speaker wire kit i bought barely had enough wire to get to the location I mounted it in, and was just short of where I wanted it to go if back in the passenger side rear trim (17 feet bent around really doesn't get you that far...)
3. I still want easy access to adjust gain/bass settings on the amplifier itself (ex. I dig the subsonic frequencies, but my wife does not, it's a simple knob turn when she hops in for a trip).
4. Zip ties are easier than fabricating more plastic and drilling.
5. The seat still folds easily all the way down with no interference and the sub is still above the floor level by about an inch when fully folded. I have mounted in the forward part of the seat location, maybe only covered by 4 inches, and as I mentioned, I left slack in my power and signal wires so that the amp can freely move forward and back with the seat.

Also, as I mentioned, in retrospect, removing the entire side rear trim was unnecessary, when all I needed to do was pop out a few of the top clips just enough to drop the thin speaker wire through to be hidden.
valid points, once then inevitable rattle starts at least you know about the trim panels and if you dont know already killmat on amazon is just as good as the name brand.

My amp is mounted inside the plastic compartment under the back floor. My goal was minimal and yet powerful. My amateur build is here

I made a thing! Custom sub box build complete! | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

OP
OP
PartyMarty

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

valid points, once then inevitable rattle starts at least you know about the trim panels and if you dont know already killmat on amazon is just as good as the name brand.

My amp is mounted inside the plastic compartment under the back floor. My goal was minimal and yet powerful. My amateur build is here

Sorry for the late response (haven’t been on the forums in a while), but that is a BAD location for the amplifier for me. I left the rear soft top windows open during a thunderstorm and both that compartment and the jack box compartment filled with about an inch of water. While everything else in the rear was dry within an hour. A surprise summertime downpour with the top off will kill that amp. If you never take the top off, that’s fine I guess…

Last edited:

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry for the late response (haven’t been on the forums in a while), but that is a BAD location for the amplifier for me. I left the rear soft top windows open during a thunderstorm and both that compartment and the jack box compartment filled with about an inch of water. While everything else in the rear was dry within an hour. A surprise summertime downpour with the top off will kill that amp. If you never take the top off, that’s fine I guess…
i forgot to mention its marine grade. so im golden. and if the off chance it does matter, i pulled the plug in the back to drain already.
Sponsored