Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Do you have a remote wire to turn on the amp or does it detect it from the audio signal to turn on?
You can setup the key to detect it from the high level inputs which is awesome. The other cool feature when you do that is the blue input wire to the amp is turned into an output so you can use that as the remote turn on for your sub.
Sponsored

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can setup the key to detect it from the high level inputs which is awesome. The other cool feature when you do that is the blue input wire to the amp is turned into an output so you can use that as the remote turn on for your sub.
Did you use bass blockers on your speakers?

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you use bass blockers on your speakers?
No, you don’t need them with the key. During its automatic setup it will determine which frequencies to send to your speakers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully this weekend. I ordered a few different powered subs to try out. The Kenwood, Kicker, JBL and Infinity. Are you happy with your your Infinity?
I got it for a killer deal at $150, so I’m happy with it at that price point. It adds plenty of bass for my liking. Rounded out the system nicely.

Let me know how the others compare. Should be fun to test them out.

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got it for a killer deal at $150, so I’m happy with it at that price point. It adds plenty of bass for my liking. Rounded out the system nicely.

Let me know how the others compare. Should be fun to test them out.
Was there anything special or different with wiring the system? Want to make sure I’m not overlooking something. Getting the plan finalized!

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was there anything special or different with wiring the system? Want to make sure I’m not overlooking something. Getting the plan finalized!
No, nothing crazy. Lots of splicing and crimping. Just clear out your schedule and take your time. It took longer than I thought.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last edited:

Sponsored

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, nothing crazy. Lots of splicing and crimping. Just clear out your schedule and take your time. It took longer than I thought.
What did you set the dip switches to on the Key……? The 2nd set of rcas you ran to your sub?

Last edited:
OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What did you set the dip switches to on the Key……? The 2nd set of rcas you ran to your sub?
I followed this as a guide. I set up the key in bi-amp mode since it’s only powering the front 4 speakers.

See the manual for the bi-amp wiring. The tweeters are your 4” dash speakers and the woofers are your 6.5” kicknpanels. You will want to tap off of the woofer outputs(6.5” speakers) as your left and right to the sub.

https://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/47KEY2004.pdf

justinnx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I followed this as a guide. I set up the key in bi-amp mode since it’s only powering the front 4 speakers.

See the manual for the bi-amp wiring. The tweeters are your 4” dash speakers and the woofers are your 6.5” kicknpanels. You will want to tap off of the woofer outputs(6.5” speakers) as your left and right to the sub.

I'm getting no sound out of my subwoofers, trying to figure it out. You used one input to Amp 1 off of the factory 6.5's right? Making sure I don't need a input on Amp 2. I wired my 4" to the tweeter outputs (white/grey's) and both 6.5's and sub to sub outputs (green/purples)

OP
OP
VictoryLights

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting no sound out of my subwoofers, trying to figure it out. You used one input to Amp 1 off of the factory 6.5's right? Making sure I don't need a input on Amp 2. I wired my 4" to the tweeter out put and both 6.5's and sub to sub outputs
Are you sure that you have bi amp mode set?