First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll dig more into the specs of the ARB, but I don’t remember seeing that. I am in contact with their tech department and requested potential of direct to solar.

I debated for weeks over Dometic vs ARB vs others. I liked the customer service aspects that ARB offers plus the add-on features (cover, tie downs, slide) of the ARB and in general it looked more durable. I’ll admit - new territory for me.

Appreciate the input - I’m really wondering at this point if the stock AGM batteries are apt to handle slow draw accessories under warranty and on a dependability standpoint.

Good news? The Napa CARLYLE 400 kept it running for a solid 24 hours! Can certainly make that work for a few short trips we’re planning.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll dig more into the specs of the ARB, but I don’t remember seeing that. I am in contact with their tech department and requested potential of direct to solar.

I debated for weeks over Dometic vs ARB vs others. I liked the customer service aspects that ARB offers plus the add-on features (cover, tie downs, slide) of the ARB and in general it looked more durable. I’ll admit - new territory for me.

Appreciate the input - I’m really wondering at this point if the stock AGM batteries are apt to handle slow draw accessories under warranty and on a dependability standpoint.

Good news? The Napa CARLYLE 400 kept it running for a solid 24 hours! Can certainly make that work for a few short trips we’re planning.
I thought that Dometic makes the ARB fridges. You can bet ARB doesn’t make their own.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bringing this back...since we now know the 47QT Zero will fit in the back of our 4DR (the 63 QT should actually fit too - but, not with the equivalent slide....unfortunately).

Since the stock battery is AGM (H7 AGM 80 AH 800 CCA) and these ARB models only 0.8 aH in 40-90*F ambient temperatures...wouldn't it be safe to say it would be fine to run these units without a secondary battery? These fridges have battery protection feature that shuts down the compressor if it detects low voltage [High (11.8)/Med (11.4)/Low(10.1)].

I understand it's a safe bet to have a backup battery in the case of long stays without driving involved - but, if you're not planning to stay in one place for more than 2 days at a time?

I will be running the 47QT in my Transit this summer and am trying to avoid the expense of backup battery options until I can gauge my real-time needs after a few short trips.

I have a NAPA Carlyle 400 that I am currently testing as backup 12v power and looking like I will get around 18-20 hours.
You should be able to run it just off the battery. Some 12 volt fridges have an automatic battery protection voltage feature to stop them running if the battery voltage gets too low.

The more of anything you run off the battery the fewer years it may last. So instead of lasting for 5 years it may only last for three before it needs replacing.

Some cars you can set the headlights to stay on after you turn the car off to a light up the area as you're walking away. This is an even bigger load on the battery and it's every time you park it. My dad does this and he barely gets 3 years from a battery, I never do this and my battery's last over 5 years all the time.
So it is just a trade off. A fridge may be worth it.

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For what it’s worth, dometic has a 20% off everything sale right now online, plus free shipping. Probably the best time to buy one.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what it’s worth, dometic has a 20% off everything sale right now online, plus free shipping. Probably the best time to buy one.
I noticed that. A week after my ARB delivered. :rolleyes:

I found the 47QT for $970 though. Saved a few bucks.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought that Dometic makes the ARB fridges. You can bet ARB doesn’t make their own.
I thought I read that somewhere too. But, I couldn’t find anything to back that up. Same compressor is all I could find. ICECO uses SECOP as well.

I was disappointed when I realized the ARB was made in China - but, turns out the construction and materials used are top notch.

In the end, I feel the CFX3 55IM would have been a better choice and perhaps I jumped the gun. But, I figured the ARB has been tested with our Broncos and as silly as it is - I liked the look of the Zero more.

At least it was a business expense😬

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which dometic will fit in a two door with the backseat up? Or am I screwed.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Which dometic will fit in a two door with the backseat up? Or am I screwed.
You can fit one horizontally - but, not vertically (even the smallest is 22.4") and no chance any of the slides will fit so you can pull out. Though, the more I think about them - they don't seem necessary.
Sponsored