Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

just wondering, thoughts on the steering wheel material? i believe base and big bend don't have the leather wrapped wheels. how does it feel? why kind of material is it?
I honestly forgot it wasn’t leather wrapped until you mentioned it. It’s some type of lightly knurled vinyl/plastic/pleather material. It feels good and it doesn’t get hot after sitting out in the sun. I actually like that there aren’t stitches in the steering wheel but that’s just me.
Sponsored

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey OP> do you have an IG or something for your Bronco? I need more pics please. lol.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey OP> do you have an IG or something for your Bronco? I need more pics please. lol.
So I do have an IG but I haven’t posted my Bronco yet, I’ve been making sure everything I put up goes here. Shame on me, I know lol

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m climbing towards 18 with combined driving, about 60% city, 40% highway. It seems to be improving as I get closer to 500 total miles. Honestly anything beyond 18 will just be icing for as much driving as I do normally. Probably going to have to get the EZ rack for certain longer trips (i.e. Kentucky adventure trail).

I think the 2.3 is great, it’s got good power when I need it, it feels smooth, and with the windows down and radio off you can hear a nice mild whistle of the turbo.

I really want a twill TrekTop for summer so I gotta look into that. I think I’ll run my MIC in the winter. The TrekTop seems like a lot less work for summer fun in Cleveland weather.
Do you think the 2.3 will be okay with the 4DR?

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think so, yeah. Squatch for Squatch isn’t it like a 300lb-ish different between the 2dr and 4dr? I don’t have any reason to believe that the 2.3 would fall on its face because of an additional 300lbs. You also have to factor in gearing and the transmission as well. I like the smooth nature of this combo, it gives you better control over the power delivery so it’s there when you need it but it’s not trying to be something it isn’t.

It appears there will be some breathing room for a flash/tune if a power bump is needed. But overall, if it’s a daily driver for you, the 2.3 will get the job done for sure.

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, my appointment for tint is this Thursday and I found out they will be doing it on-site (in my driveway)
What is the Quote for Tint?

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got home from Browns Training Camp and had a pair of redline quick lift hood struts and a bunch of stuff from Chemical Guys waiting for me. I’ll get the hood struts installed this weekend and post up pictures. I should probably spend some time updating my original post so people don’t have to scan for this stuff.
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 8C9C8B14-D918-4CF4-9F0F-2BF79AB1B3F8

SpeedLimit18

Wildtrak
First Name
Jackson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee SRT, Z51 CMG C8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I drove a 4 Door 2.3 SAS the other day and was pleasantly surprised driving around town getting up to 65 or so. You won’t have any issues with power imo.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Spent about 20 minutes getting the @Redline Tuning QuickLIFT Plus hood struts installed this evening. It would have taken 10 but I fumbled a bolt so I had to peel back part of the fender liner. The instructions that are provided with the struts are very clear and have good images to help you out.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 185D784E-C62F-4A8E-B1A4-E8332E180853

Installing these ball studs is pretty simple, it slips into the second opening from the hinge and you just pull back and turn it clockwise to tighten it. Then finish it off with a 13mm deep well socket or an open end 13mm wrench.
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] AD8D0AD7-9435-4A47-AB37-5CC87F874B62
Attaching the ball stud bracket near where the hinge meets the cowl is where I lost the bolt you need to remove and then re-install to mount the needed bracket for the strut. Once it’s re-installed it’s rock solid.
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 830F0261-4D82-474C-BF5A-5B40D9AA6D6E
Here is a detail shot of where the bracket for the rod end mounts to the vehicle. This is a tricky spot to work in. You could remove the front fender body panel and it would be much easier but it would take a lot longer to complete.

Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 37845D49-DC23-440A-81F9-73FF9464539C

Once installed it opens the hood much wider than the prop rod which is really nice. You could complete the install by yourself but it would be nice to have a helper on stand by just in case.

You can see in the video below how well it operates. I may need to adjust my hood latch because it takes some force in order to get it closed. I cannot push mine shut from the initial release position that I opened it from. To clarify, I had this issue before the hood struts were installed. This was not a result of the installation. These hood struts give a nice premium feel to the rig.

I will add a few detail shots tomorrow to show the bottom brackets and bolt location and add them here plus the original post.

P.S. I was almost too short to reach the hood to close it hahahaha!

Last edited:

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This is the best information I found in another thread regarding Copilot 360:

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/compare-models/#base|outerbanks

Standard ( Base )

Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
Post-Impact Braking
Auto High-Beam Headlamps
Rear View Camera

Mid

Remote Start System
Lane-Keeping System
BLIS® with Cross-Traffic Alert
Reverse Sensing System

High

360 Camera
Forward Sensing System

Lux

Adaptive Cruise
Evasive Steering
Non-mid also had remote start and lock/unlock via the Ford Pass app. Just not on the remote.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drove a 4 Door 2.3 SAS the other day and was pleasantly surprised driving around town getting up to 65 or so. You won’t have any issues with power imo.
That's good. I just drove a 2.7 Wildtrak 4DR today. If the 2.3 can do 80% of the 2.7 I should be fine. That 2.7 is a monster and I'd definitely want it if the desert were my main playground.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It really depends on what your expectations are as far as engines go.

I recently bought a 2004 Jeep TJ and it's engine has no where near the power of the 2.3
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 1627821902869

Granted, it's pretty light compared to all Bronco Builds.
Ford Bronco BaseSquatch DELIVERED : 2 Door Base Sasquatch [UPDATE - NOW WITH MORE PICTURES & REVIEW] 1627821951644

It came with 31" Tires, but it's on 35" tires now with 4.88 axle gears and it moves along just fine.

So the Bronco with the 2.3 and properly geared on the road is going to be fine. Will it be a race car, no, but it's gonna move very nicely.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may need to adjust my hood latch because it takes some force in order to get it closed
Same here -I have to let the hood drop to latch. My first thought was how these struts would work.
Sponsored

Last edited: