Sponsored

Basic Navigation paywalled - Is this true?

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am admittedly a massive Ford super fan… and yet I 100% agree that the navigation systems Ford offers is stupid and confusing. Drives me insane. How Ford names their technology packages and safety features is probably my single biggest complaint about Ford these days.

And just for anyone who comes across this thread in the future, the navigation system is typically tied to the equipment package—not necessarily the model or trim level—on Ford vehicles. On the Bronco specifically… the Mid and High package comes with Connected Navigation, while the Lux package comes with Connected Built-in Navigation.

@jdawg has a Black Diamond, and Black Diamond isn’t available with the Lux package. Which is how I knew he only had the Connected Navigation system.

The reason why you have to pay a subscription for navigation is because it utilizes the AT&T cellular network to function, not unlike how the maps application on your phone functions. This is unlike the older GPS navigation systems, which had all of the maps pre-loaded into the GPS unit and it uses a GPS receiver to track your location on that map.
Thank you! Great explanation
Sponsored

OP
OP
jdawg

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Connected Built-in Navigation is not even available on the Mid package. Not sure where that screenshot is from. I’m guessing it is Build & Price. Wouldn’t surprise me if it is because for some reason Ford just can’t make Build & Price accurate—another pet peeve of mine.
You are correct that it does not come with the mid. But it looks like it is available for an extra $695 IF you have the mid.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are correct that it does not come with the mid. But it looks like it is available for an extra $695 IF you have the mid.
i ponyed up for the connected built in on my mid BD,and i use Gaia when connected.

OP
OP
jdawg

jdawg

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas/65Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i ponyed up for the connected built in on my mid BD,and i use Gaia when connected.
I would have if I understood that there was a difference at the time I ordered. I mean re-ordered ;-)

Not that I am going to, but I wonder if it is possible to get after delivery.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info on Andriod Auto and Car play. I use those, and it is pretty much what I use for navigation. I am really asking about the ford nav system though. As I mentioned, I use built in nav for those times I am not able to connect.
There are apps that don’t need service to use the gps on your phone. They are mainly for orv and snowmobiling but I don’t see a reason it wouldn’t work while connected to your infotainment system.
Sponsored