Sponsored

Connected Navigation...just what is that?

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Car Play with whatever map you like is “connected” nav. I let the connected subscription run out in my current vehicle because Car Play was easier than inputting info into the vehicle version and I liked it better. The only negative is if you are somewhere without a cellular signal, you lose that capability... which could happen more often if you are off-roading.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, it can replace a Garmin. For the most part, the ap Sygic works like a Garmin including having off line maps available. It was a little quirky early on but gets better with later versions of the app. Hopefully, there will be more Nav app choices as time moves forward. Even so, I like Waze for general use.
Although it does not have a car play compatible version yet, InRoute is much better than Garmin (IMHO) because it allows you to easily create multiple routes with multiple waypoints and has a variety of routing options like planning gas stops every X miles or food stops every X miles. I’ve submitted a feature request to add car play compatibility. ?

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm also an old fart and don't get the Built-In vs. Non-Built-in nuances. Do all factory navigation functions go away after the 3 month free trial? Or do they just stop updating? The reason I ask is I like the built-in trail maps but refuse to pay a subscription for them. I don't care if they don't update as long as they don't disappear. Definitely no cell service on the main trail I run. Otherwise Apple, Google and Waze are fine. So basically if I don't add Built-In it's like having a vehicle with no OEM navigation system at all?
Sponsored