Incinr8

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Dodge Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So. Does "Connected Built in" get you a bigger screen?

And,

With "Connected", After the 30 day trial, Can you still view/use the maps without the real time updates?

Also

With "Connected Built in" , After the 3 years subscription, can you still view/Use maps with real time updates?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I dont know about anyone else but I really dont like the sound of this.....

https://owner.ford.com/fordpass/fordpass-privacy-policy.html

FordPass Mobile App

This Privacy Policy incorporates by reference the FordPass mobile app Terms and Conditions.
Information We Collect: Depending on how the vehicle is equipped and settings, we collect the following types of information through your use of FordPass or third-party services that integrate with FordPass; we may combine this information with other information you have previously provided, or that we have collected from other sources:

• Information you provide to create an account or sign-in to an existing account, or utilize available services such as name, email address, photo, street address, telephone number, credit card, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and vehicle service records. You must have an account to use FordPass mobile app, and to access certain functionality on the FordPass website.
  • Connected Vehicle Information including:
    • Vehicle Location (may also be referred to as Precise Location Information): Global Positioning System (GPS) data and location information including the vehicle’s current location (latitude and longitude) is collected from the vehicle in connection with location-based functions of FordPass. Vehicle Location may also be derived from IP address. This information can be used to determine your vehicle’ travel direction and speed. Vehicle Location also includes charging locations used (if applicable).
    • Driving Data (may also be referred to as Driving Characteristics and Behavior): Information about how the vehicle is operated and used (such as speed, use of accelerator, brakes, steering, seat belts, etc.).
------------------

• To provide you with connected navigation services through your in-vehicle infotainment system, we use cloud-based location services provided by Telenav, Inc. (“Telenav”) or Garmin International, Inc (“Garmin”). For SYNC3 connected navigation services, Telenav obtains certain information, including: a unique user ID assigned by Ford, your current GPS location and planned route and/or destination information from your SYNC 3 in-vehicle system or mobile device, your address or point of interest search requests and search results selections, information about your use of the location search service, its performance, and your related actions and selections. Telenav may use this information to provide, improve, and enhance its products and services. For the SYNC4 Connected Navigation or Connected Built-In Navigation services, Telenav or Garmin (depending on vehicle equipment and services used) may receive information including a unique vehicle identifier, the vehicle’s current GPS location, route and/or destination information, address or point of interest search requests, results, and selections.
Location can easily be turned off through the radio and it does turn the location completely off.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m throwing this out there.. did I imagine the bronco would have Apple car play? Where you plug in while using maps and it is reflected on the Nav? I feel like I dreamed this up 😬

srjod

Big Bend
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From the limited information that Ford provided, all I can tell is that Connected is a 90-day subscription and Connected Built-In is 3 years. Can anybody confirm? I hardly care about navigation but my wife will like it. I wish you could get the B&O system ala carte...
When speaking with my dealer he kind of scoffed at built in Nav. He said it’s 3 years but it reverts to a subscription and with the sync 4 system and android/car play it’s essentially useless.

Sponsored

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When speaking with my dealer he kind of scoffed at built in Nav. He said it’s 3 years but it reverts to a subscription and with the sync 4 system and android/car play it’s essentially useless.
So it does have car play??? I enjoyed this in a rental ore Covid and was hoping I would have it in this car.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So it does have car play??? I enjoyed this in a rental ore Covid and was hoping I would have it in this car.
Yes. All Broncos have Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is wireless apple car play and android auto.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My take on this, based solely on my assumptions:

Connected Nav supports Apple/Android. Connected Nav provides access to live traffic and maps via AT&T. Connected Nav seems to have some temporary storage to provide info about your current preconfigured trip/area when AT&T is not available. Connected Nav comes with a 90- subscription after which you lose access to map data and traffic data.

Builtin has everything that Connected has. Builtin comes with Lux. Builtin is also available as a standalone option. Builtin includes local storage that holds updated map data. Builtin comes with a 3-year subscription after which you lose access to map updates and traffic data but you retain your last downloaded version of maps.

Apple/Android work without a subscription.

I welcome any corrections!

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Reading through this thread but not really closer to an answer. Have a 2017 GT350 with sync3 but not connected.

It sounds like having connected builtin - and cancelling the connected services after 3 years would be the same thing?

That would still allow me to navigate with the builtin (not with the phone) with the builtin maps. No more map updates, but while navigating I would still receive satellite routing instructions - traffice jam detected 25 miles ahead, rerouting?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Reading through this thread but not really closer to an answer. Have a 2017 GT350 with sync3 but not connected.

It sounds like having connected builtin - and cancelling the connected services after 3 years would be the same thing?

That would still allow me to navigate with the builtin (not with the phone) with the builtin maps. No more map updates, but while navigating I would still receive satellite routing instructions - traffice jam detected 25 miles ahead, rerouting?
I don't know about those last couple features, but for my understanding yes. If you do NOT have built in, without a subscription it's just a map with no navigation. With built-in, it comes with extra storage that downloads and keeps all the maps, without updates, But at least they are there.
Sponsored