zdurban

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank god. Maybe now I can stop getting emails every day on the service which no one in their right mind would sign up for?

Also, I was getting phone call from a "Potential spam" number everyday at 8am which I was attempting to ignore. I finally answered it one day and it was an actual person from SiriusXM asking if I wanted to initiate a plan with them for a new Bronco. Really annoyed that Ford gave them my phone number.

Anyway, I love my Eruption Green Badlands, took her on the trails for the first time the other day.

Ford Bronco "Your access to Connected Navigation has expired" IMG_0937
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love my built in Nav and have not stopped listening to XM since I got the Bronco almost a year ago. So awesome to go on an overlanding trip and never having to change the "station".

Different strokes I guess.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love my built in Nav and have not stopped listening to XM since I got the Bronco almost a year ago. So awesome to go on an overlanding trip and never having to change the "station".

Different strokes I guess.
Agreed - SiriusXM is worth its weight in gold. For nav though I prefer to use Waze if I have to. I've never used the built in Nav. 🤷‍♂️

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Agreed - SiriusXM is worth its weight in gold. For nav though I prefer to use Waze if I have to. I've never used the built in Nav. 🤷‍♂️
I have to say that the Bronco nav system works quite well and does a good job with voice commands, unlike my Honda Pilot whose Nav system is woeful in comparison. The only issue I now have is that one of the recent system updates removed the ability to maintain the North up position when re-starting the car. I despise the map’s up driving direction that rotates the map with every turn. Ford, if you are listening, restore the desired default map orientation in the next update.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Geezer who enjoys NAV. Wish it had been in service forty years ago. As far as SAT radio. It is fine EXCEPT when the subscription is due to run out and I have to contact them to get “ the deal” instead of paying the regular fee. I cancelled the SAT in my F 150 because I was done with the senseless game. Why they don’t simply offer a returning customer the discount rate automatically is beyond me since they give it to them anyway. BTW, playlist off the phone not only accomplishes a never ending musical experience on long road trips but the sound quality is better. The Bronco still has the SAT subscription, wife’s decision. Us married guys know how that works.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to say that the Bronco nav system works quite well and does a good job with voice commands, unlike my Honda Pilot whose Nav system is woeful in comparison. The only issue I now have is that one of the recent system updates removed the ability to maintain the North up position when re-starting the car. I despise the map’s up driving direction that rotates the map with every turn. Ford, if you are listening, restore the desired default map orientation in the next update.
Odd.. I don't think mine is ever remembered my choices and have defaulted back to the 3D option after a restart. But it's rare that I put it in Top N

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Geezer who enjoys NAV. Wish it had been in service forty years ago. As far as SAT radio. It is fine EXCEPT when the subscription is due to run out and I have to contact them to get “ the deal” instead of paying the regular fee. I cancelled the SAT in my F 150 because I was done with the senseless game. Why they don’t simply offer a returning customer the discount rate automatically is beyond me since they give it to them anyway. BTW, playlist off the phone not only accomplishes a never ending musical experience on long road trips but the sound quality is better. The Bronco still has the SAT subscription, wife’s decision. Us married guys know how that works.
Yeah...so what I do is, every 6 months I call them up, tell them I'll only pay $5 per month. Eventually they come down to $5-$6. Then I jump on Amazon, buy a gift card for the exact amount (~$35) and use it to pay the invoice.

I do all that so they never get my credit card number. But because of the Gift card payment, they won't allow a 12 month agreement...thus why I have to do it every 6.

Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the navigation in the Bronco. I have never been a fan of sat radio. I use Pandora for music. No commercials and you get a better variety of artist when you set a station. Plus the cost is reasonable.

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually really like the connected Nav, I think I have another year or two before it runs out. What I can't stand is the XM radio. I think the stations are terrible and when my trial ended they would not stop calling for weeks and couldn't understand that I didn't want it. I've been trying to figure out if I can completely disable it and remove the option in the audio menus with forscan but haven't come across much info about trying to erase it entirely.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see no need for connected NAV when you have the option of using Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

Sponsored

miley

Base
First Name
Miley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Your Bronco Model
Base
why havent you used NAV before ?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually really like the connected Nav, I think I have another year or two before it runs out. What I can't stand is the XM radio. I think the stations are terrible and when my trial ended they would not stop calling for weeks and couldn't understand that I didn't want it. I've been trying to figure out if I can completely disable it and remove the option in the audio menus with forscan but haven't come across much info about trying to erase it entirely.
One thing I have learned is that on the Bronco, the Browse in XM sucks. I honestly don't know why they don't list their channels. So you have to use the phone app, find channels you like, then go into the Bronco and tell it to "tune to channel nnn". Once it does, you can add it to your presets.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I see no need for connected NAV when you have the option of using Apple Carplay or Android Auto.
Worse mistake I even made was connecting my phone with Android Auto. I still haven't fully recovered from it.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sirius is nice, BUT the nav system is awful....I was driving the other day and with 30 miles to my next turn all of a sudden it said "turn on NO NAME RD" WTF, it tried taking me down a single lane dirt road into the woods! then after several missed turn arounds it went back to the correct route.
Don't get me wrong I love dirt roads, but NOT when I'm trying to get somewhere.....similar instances have happened several times, I don't trust it as far as I could throw it.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

why havent you used NAV before ?
Well being a "Nautical" person, I'm pretty good with direction and space. If I go somewhere I have never been and need directions, I just look at a map online and remember how to get there. If I get off track I use Waze via Car Play and it works very well. Plus, I'm pretty boring and don't go anywhere I need directions. :D
Sponsored