Sponsored

Connected Built-In Navigation - Has anyone ACTUALLY received an update?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
For those of us who have the Built-In Navigation radio, has anyone actually received an update? It's been over a year and I have yet to have receive a single map update. My Garmin came with lifetime free updates and usually sends out update notifications 3 times a year. It only cost me about $100 to buy. The Ford Connected Built-In Navigation was significantly more expensive and you have to pay to get map updates but they haven't sent any out. It would be better if they just went back the old system where you have to buy the update on an SD card. At least then you wouldn't be paying for a service that you never receive.
Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

built-in is not the same as "connected" right? I have a Badlands with the High package, I've got an active subscription and I think I get continuous updates. I did let it lapse to see how it would fare without a subscription and it lets you look at the map but not search it or navigate with it, and the small display on the right of the 12" screen won't show the map at all.

I know thats not entirely helpful, but maybe the updates are similarly more of a continuous stream. I never once got a notification of updates but my map was absolutely changing as there was new construction around me