First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I played with the nav feature during the free trial and it was meh. I let it expire and never missed it.

XM satellite radio is unmitigated trash. Plays the same 20 songs on repeat. No veritety and it's always pushing the flavor of the week top 40 fake artist crap.

Hard pass on both of those bloatware.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to say that the Bronco nav system works quite well and does a good job with voice commands, unlike my Honda Pilot whose Nav system is woeful in comparison. The only issue I now have is that one of the recent system updates removed the ability to maintain the North up position when re-starting the car. I despise the map’s up driving direction that rotates the map with every turn. Ford, if you are listening, restore the desired default map orientation in the next update.
OnX's CarPlay doesn't have a true north setting. Drives me nuts!

Sirius is nice, BUT the nav system is awful....I was driving the other day and with 30 miles to my next turn all of a sudden it said "turn on NO NAME RD" WTF, it tried taking me down a single lane dirt road into the woods! then after several missed turn arounds it went back to the correct route.
Don't get me wrong I love dirt roads, but NOT when I'm trying to get somewhere.....similar instances have happened several times, I don't trust it as far as I could throw it.
I have odd things like that happen with Apple Maps, plus some annoyances like deciding a shorter route is the way I want to go (I wander home, I like backroads). Seems par for the course, in other words. lol

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah...so what I do is, every 6 months I call them up, tell them I'll only pay $5 per month. Eventually they come down to $5-$6. Then I jump on Amazon, buy a gift card for the exact amount (~$35) and use it to pay the invoice.

I do all that so they never get my credit card number. But because of the Gift card payment, they won't allow a 12 month agreement...thus why I have to do it every 6.
Basically do the same. Every 6 months I pay $38.45, figure it’s worth it. They always send me a new bill for around $111, and I call and say cancel my subscription unless I can get it for the $38.45 I’ve been paying for my Raptor and Bronco forever. They finally agree, send me a new bill, I send them a check.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve never used the Ford map and I’ve never used the satellite radio. The only time I can imagine using the Ford map would be if I forgot to download the map ahead of time and I was out of cell service and needed directions.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sirius is nice, BUT the nav system is awful....I was driving the other day and with 30 miles to my next turn all of a sudden it said "turn on NO NAME RD" WTF, it tried taking me down a single lane dirt road into the woods! then after several missed turn arounds it went back to the correct route.
Don't get me wrong I love dirt roads, but NOT when I'm trying to get somewhere.....similar instances have happened several times, I don't trust it as far as I could throw it.
You have to disable "inclue 4x4 roads". I made the mistake when I first took delivery. I was driving back from Detroit with a week in the RRG and then a week in GSMNP. The route between included the 4x4 roads. It certainly didn't seem like the most direct route, but I trusted the system. At one point, I heard dueling banjos.
Sponsored