Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It appears as those three weeks is the secret number for me. I had an alert again about the battery drain and the only commonality I can point to is the fact that I haven't driven the Bronco in roughly three weeks.
Sponsored

stdevore

Raptor
First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It appears as those three weeks is the secret number for me. I had an alert again about the battery drain and the only commonality I can point to is the fact that I haven't driven the Bronco in roughly three weeks.
My Raptor that I have only had for 6 months was dying if I didn't drive it every day. Finally was able to start it & drive it to the dealership. They said it would be at least a week. $90K gets you lots of headaches!

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There's a new SSM related to battery drain issues take a look at you door locks just in case.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
SSM 52258 2021-2024 Bronco - Parasitic Battery Draw
Some 2021-2024 Bronco vehicles may exhibit a parasitic battery draw. This may be due to an interior door lock switch on the driver's and passenger's interior door panels. Prior to normal Workshop Manual (WSM) diagnostics, check both front door lock control switches for damage and/or proper operation. If a front door lock control switch does not operate as designed, repair as necessary. If no problems are found, continue with normal WSM diagnostics. For claiming, use causal part 14028 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual. If the draw is still present, refer to WSM Section 414-00 for normal diagnostics.

tkgeyer

Raptor
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My Raptor that I have only had for 6 months was dying if I didn't drive it every day. Finally was able to start it & drive it to the dealership. They said it would be at least a week. $90K gets you lots of headaches!
Did you get this resolved with yours? My Raptor is doing the same thing. Appointment on Tuesday to take it in. Going to reference the SSM below to them just in case it’s overlooked.

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My local dealership just picked up my 23 Braptor with 800 miles on the ODO. I'm on my 3rd battery. I figured it was just a bad factory battery after the 1st time, but it did the same thing again after 7 days of non-use the 2nd time so definitely some form of drain. After the 2nd battery replacement, I put in on a tender and it was down to 80% after 48 hours from being fully charged. Zero mods. I will report back once diagnosed.

As a side note, my 21 2-door SAS is running like a champ, zero issues.

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello everyone. 22 OB Non SAS here. Ice Mountain survivor Jan - Mar 2022. Now having this same weird battery issue. Seeing a lot of the same messages regarding deep sleep, System off to save battery etc…daily driver so it’s not sitting for long periods. Maybe 2-3 days tops over a weekend. Battery is testing fine, no issues. Other thing Ive noticed is the auto start/stop has been disabled for a couple of weeks now. I know this is usually a precaution when battery is low. Any other updates on what I should be looking for or doing to resolve before taking in for service?
Sponsored

Last edited: