Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2004 Mustang GT, 2021 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my Bronco recently did an OTA update and now it appears as though I'm having some sort of parasitic drain on the battery. It's entered deep sleep mode twice now, after the first time is was completely dead and wouldn't jump start. I had to float charge it for several hours yesterday and now today I get a notice about it entering deep sleep mode. Has anyone else noticed this recently?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So my Bronco recently did an OTA update and now it appears as though I'm having some sort of parasitic drain on the battery. It's entered deep sleep mode twice now, after the first time is was completely dead and wouldn't jump start. I had to float charge it for several hours yesterday and now today I get a notice about it entering deep sleep mode. Has anyone else noticed this recently?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

stdevore

Raptor
First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have had the same problem several times when I park it overnight at home. We took it in and they supposedly “updated” a bunch of electronics but it is still happening. Please post if you find a solution.

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had the same problem several times when I park it overnight at home. We took it in and they supposedly “updated” a bunch of electronics but it is still happening. Please post if you find a solution.
I need to make a service appointment at my local dealership. I'll follow up when I have further information.

Sponsored
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had an issue with “check charging system soon” appearing on display. Brought the truck in and they said it was a contaminated connector on the transmission coolant control valve. That was last week. I started getting the same message a couple days later in the display so I called the dealerI also and made another appointment. I also am concerned about the high 15.2v charging rate also on the gauge cluster. This morning I have the sleep mode issue. I have an appointment at the dealer for Thursday. I will let you know what they find. I suspect the battery even tho they tested it.

IMG_1665.png

Parker0076

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had problems with many different screens popping up, and going into battery saver mode. Took it in, battery replaced , all seems well now. It was covered under warranty.
Ford Bronco Battery Drain issues IMG_0727
Ford Bronco Battery Drain issues IMG_0722
Ford Bronco Battery Drain issues IMG_0723
Ford Bronco Battery Drain issues IMG_0720

OP
OP
J2D

J2D

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a quick update on my particular situation. I left my battery connected to a NOCO float charger for a few days to make sure it was fully charged. I pulled it off last Wednesday and let it sit till Sunday. I've no issues in that time nor has it entered deep sleep. I'm beginning to wonder it the battery had just simply discharged to a point where it triggered the deep sleep mode. I'll continue to keep an eye on it but so far the issue has not popped back up.

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropped off my Badlands Sas on Tuesday for a Thursday appointment. It’s been a week and so far they replaced the battery and the battery sensor. The said the Check charging system soon is still appearing. They did the TSB about the transmission coolant control valve previous to this appointment. I had one more notification concerning a deep sleep mode on Dec 18th at 8:47am. No more notifications but it’s still at the dealer. Will call tomorrow to find out what’s going on.

Sponsored
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally may have an answer. Picking up the truck today. The truck was sitting in the shop, parked. Headlights came on by themselves. I never noticed this, so my guess is they also turn off by themselves. The technician Replaced the headlight switch.

If I have any more issues I will post it here. Based on everything I’ve read on this forum there are a variety of things that may cause this battery drain. Contaminated connector on the transmission coolant control valve, bad battery, bad battery monitoring sensor, or wait for it….. bad headlight switch.

just for reference MY22, Badlands 2 door. Sasquatch with mid package.

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn I just took my bronco in to fix a crankshaft leak... took a damn week and a half and they wouldnt cover the rental car without a extra coverage I need to purchase.
Not again...

21BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just a thought. My build was sitting at the ford plant for parts during build. What if thats whats causing all these batteries to drain so easily...
Sponsored