Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys!!
So I finally picked up my black Diamond bronco being a day 1 reservation holder!

Now I have to make the decision to sell either the black Diamond or my current OBX. I noticed that my OBX seems to have more suspension and sits higher than my BD. Has anyone noticed a difference in suspension? I thought the tire size was the same mines the all terrain vs. street
Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There really shouldn't be. OB has a very slightly taller tire according to the size comparison below. Theoretically, I guess the BD could sit just a bit lower due to the weight of the skid plates that it has vs the OB, bit I thought that the springs may be different to make up for that. They should really be pretty damn close to even.
Ford Bronco BD VS. OBX 67E556D7-1E44-41A0-96FD-BF0D3689903E

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There really shouldn't be. OB has a very slightly taller tire according to the size comparison below. Theoretically, I guess the BD could sit just a bit lower due to the weight of the skid plates that it has vs the OB, bit I thought that the springs may be different to make up for that. They should really be pretty damn close to even.
Dang!! how much do those skid plates weigh??

carrellslake

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m guessing neither of them has the Sasquatch package. What’s important to you? Those two trims have different target demographics.

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh okay that makes sense. Probably the slight tire difference and skid plate. Not sure if I really need the skid plate since I won’t be going super off roaring. Thank you for the info

OP
OP
Linkster02

Linkster02

Black Diamond
First Name
Tamara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m guessing neither of them has the Sasquatch package. What’s important to you? Those two trims have different target demographics.
Both non sas. Yeah I mean I really like the interior and wash out feature of the BD but like the exterior of the OBX. So makes it hard
Sponsored