First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
outstanding amazing pictures and trip. thank you for sharing!
Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah this wins post of the year good job. Fantastic photos act like an American and stop apologizing so much.

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow is the word to describe all that. Absolutely amazing pictures and adventure. I hope to see some of that in my future. Safe travels my friend. 👍👍

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amazing thread full of breathtaking photos! I will be waiting for the Netflix miniseries please and thank you, haha.

OP
OP
Boreal

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you everyone for the kind words! After banking vacay time for a couple years it was wicked to use it all on a wild adventure.

Yeah this wins post of the year good job. Fantastic photos act like an American and stop apologizing so much.
IM SORRY!

Incredible journey. Thank you for taking me along (digitally). Amazing photography. What are you using for your camera and lens?
It’s a joy to be able to share these experiences with everyone, even if digital. I pack a variety of equipment. The go to body for this trip was a trusty Nikon D850, equipped with any 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 180-400 f4 TC. My Z9 shipped the day after I departed home… while I didn’t get a chance to use it I’m somewhat glad it wasn’t along for the ride - this new gen body certainly took a bit to dial in and learn!

Just bookmarked your thread to return to admire the journey and photos that you shared. Do you have an IG?
I do! Colby_Spence. You can find more work on my site as well! cspencephoto.com

Sewie

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 22 Bronco BL Sas 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What an incredible adventure and simply amazing photos. Thanks for sharing.

1Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Warning: Photo Heavy

There is nothing like taking your new rig on a journey to get to know one another. My 22 BL arrived in July and I hit the pavement Late August after an oil change and a last minute camper suspension rebuild. This trip was intended to be the scenic route leaving from Winnipeg, MB and ending up in Alaska, plot twist, I never got there. At least we are nothing but adaptable, but lets get into it. This thread may be photo heavy, I hope you have a good data plan. Join me on the seven week adventure, the full photographic experience can be found under the Bears or Bust tab on my site - HERE. Disclaimer for our southern friends, all locations are in Canada!

I spent the month previous to departure prepping the Bronco and my home/selfbuilt camper. It pulled nicely behind the rig, 7 pin pass through power doesn't appear to be high amperage for charging the camper batteries but its better than nothin. First stop was Regina, SK... checking the hubs at each fuel up. All good.

August 19, 2022_8607-LR.jpg
August 19, 2022_8625-LR.jpg
August 19, 2022_8643-LR.jpg

Learning how to live on the road. I must've repacked the rig and camper every second night along the journey, the weather was varying and so was the clothes/gear required. Stocked up on food and the following day headed down south to the East Block of Grasslands National Park. I setup camp with the other adventurers and got on with figuring this solo tripping out... Now, September in the prairies is traditionally cool and wet. This was not the case when I stepped out into the desert 40º (104F) air. Like the midday heat, the views are breathtaking.

August 20, 2022_3083-LR.jpg
August 20, 2022_-LR.jpg
August 20, 2022_-LR-2.jpg
August 20, 2022_8658-LR.jpg

August 21, 2022_3273-LR.jpg
August 20, 2022_9184-LR.jpg
August 21, 2022_-LR-3.jpg
August 20, 2022_9090-LR.jpg
August 21, 2022_-LR.jpg

The East block was mostly landscapes, buttes, and hot vibes. Nothing as far as wildlife goes but I would like to head back for Spring. Off to the West Block of Grasslands, 200kms away or so. First on my wildlife list was the Burrowing Owl, these little buggers are the same approximate shape and colour as the Black Tailed Prairie Dog and they borrow the burrows to boot... tough to find but a lifer is worth it. The Burrowing Owl used to be a regular occurrence in MB until industrialized farming/Ag tilled the land and forced them out.

August 21, 2022_3661-LR.jpg
August 21, 2022_3879-LR.jpg
August 22, 2022_7892-LR.jpg

A couple hikes, hawks and hops and I was back onto #1 and off to Calgary, AB to say hi to some friends. The last great storm rolled through, providing a light show like I haven't seen in years. The route from Calgary was up through Banff, thru 1A to Icefields, Up through to Jasper and back out aiming north towards Grand Prairie, AB to meet up with another MB expat. This portion, like all portions contained many hikes and viewpoints. Seeing old friends and making new ones is all in the adventure, talking with locals and regular campers to find hidden gems proved to be quite valuable. Everyone is so nice in the bush, I guess you are surrounded by like minded peeps eh?

August 22, 2022_7943-LR.jpg
August 23, 2022_4610-LR.jpg
August 23, 2022_8786-LR.jpg
August 24, 2022_-LR.jpg
August 24, 2022_0089-LR.jpg
August 24, 2022_5309-LR.jpg
August 24, 2022_8834-LR.jpg

Right before I left, I got the rig naked. Driving with no doors and roof is nutty. I love it. however I was not prepared for the euphoria of driving through mountain passes with the panels off. The Bronco was made for mountain roads, and ever single portion of the trip lead me to a better viewpoint as the vehicle allowed me to go to places I never knew were possible.
August 24, 2022_9902-LR.jpg

After hitting up some of the hotspots, cough cough Peyto cough, and skipping others, Cough Moraine. I got up to the Icefields to some new-to-me roads, from here on out, it is all foreign territory. There were a few waterfalls planned for a full day on 93A around Jasper... again, I am nothing but flexible, apparently, because the hike and descending drive at Mount Edith Cavell rewarded me with a Northern Hawk Owl family and a Bull elk with his Harem! How good.

August 25, 2022_5720-LR.jpg
August 25, 2022_5914-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6226-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6582-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6656-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6908-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_7210-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_7252-LR.jpg
Beautiful photos! You must be a professional photographer...

Sponsored

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

There is nothing like taking your new rig on a journey to get to know one another. My 22 BL arrived in July and I hit the pavement Late August after an oil change and a last minute camper suspension rebuild. This trip was intended to be the scenic route leaving from Winnipeg, MB and ending up in Alaska, plot twist, I never got there. At least we are nothing but adaptable, but lets get into it. This thread may be photo heavy, I hope you have a good data plan. Join me on the seven week adventure, the full photographic experience can be found under the Bears or Bust tab on my site - HERE. Disclaimer for our southern friends, all locations are in Canada!

I spent the month previous to departure prepping the Bronco and my home/selfbuilt camper. It pulled nicely behind the rig, 7 pin pass through power doesn't appear to be high amperage for charging the camper batteries but its better than nothin. First stop was Regina, SK... checking the hubs at each fuel up. All good.

Learning how to live on the road. I must've repacked the rig and camper every second night along the journey, the weather was varying and so was the clothes/gear required. Stocked up on food and the following day headed down south to the East Block of Grasslands National Park. I setup camp with the other adventurers and got on with figuring this solo tripping out... Now, September in the prairies is traditionally cool and wet. This was not the case when I stepped out into the desert 40º (104F) air. Like the midday heat, the views are breathtaking.

August 20, 2022_-LR.jpg

August 21, 2022_-LR.jpg

The East block was mostly landscapes, buttes, and hot vibes. Nothing as far as wildlife goes but I would like to head back for Spring. Off to the West Block of Grasslands, 200kms away or so. First on my wildlife list was the Burrowing Owl, these little buggers are the same approximate shape and colour as the Black Tailed Prairie Dog and they borrow the burrows to boot... tough to find but a lifer is worth it. The Burrowing Owl used to be a regular occurrence in MB until industrialized farming/Ag tilled the land and forced them out.

A couple hikes, hawks and hops and I was back onto #1 and off to Calgary, AB to say hi to some friends. The last great storm rolled through, providing a light show like I haven't seen in years. The route from Calgary was up through Banff, thru 1A to Icefields, Up through to Jasper and back out aiming north towards Grand Prairie, AB to meet up with another MB expat. This portion, like all portions contained many hikes and viewpoints. Seeing old friends and making new ones is all in the adventure, talking with locals and regular campers to find hidden gems proved to be quite valuable. Everyone is so nice in the bush, I guess you are surrounded by like minded peeps eh?

August 24, 2022_-LR.jpg

Right before I left, I got the rig naked. Driving with no doors and roof is nutty. I love it. however I was not prepared for the euphoria of driving through mountain passes with the panels off. The Bronco was made for mountain roads, and ever single portion of the trip lead me to a better viewpoint as the vehicle allowed me to go to places I never knew were possible.

After hitting up some of the hotspots, cough cough Peyto cough, and skipping others, Cough Moraine. I got up to the Icefields to some new-to-me roads, from here on out, it is all foreign territory. There were a few waterfalls planned for a full day on 93A around Jasper... again, I am nothing but flexible, apparently, because the hike and descending drive at Mount Edith Cavell rewarded me with a Northern Hawk Owl family and a Bull elk with his Harem! How good.

August 20, 2022_-LR.jpg

August 21, 2022_-LR.jpg

August 24, 2022_-LR.jpg

August 25, 2022_5720-LR.jpg
August 25, 2022_5914-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6226-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6582-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6656-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_6908-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_7210-LR.jpg
August 26, 2022_7252-LR.jpg
Your photos are slightly spectacular and modestly amazing. I especially appreciate the hooty owls. Right on man. You're the man.

Davobronco1

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford Bronco Badlands 4 door Area 51 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What an amazing experience.
Thanks for sharing.

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like I just binge watched 2 seasons of National Geographic. The sites, sounds and smells of that journey must have been awesome. I am sure the scars on your rig are worth the memories and will be potential reminders of that trip for years to come. Thanks for sharing that with us as the majority of folks just dont get out there...even in their own neck of the woods IMHO.

I was trying to read your comments in a James Earl Jones or Kevin Costner voice...seemed appropriate!

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh my good lord! The write up is wonderful to read, the journey leaves the reader wanting to get out on their own, and the photos… THE PHOTOS! How are some of these even real?!

thank you so much for sharing your story and so, so many epic shots. Please do share your future endeavors with us, this one was truly something special

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Amazing photographic skills you got among timing, with being at the right spot at the right moment. Truly amazing! Me and the wife vacation quite a bit in Fairbanks Alaska in a cabin. Truly a great brain and soul reboot every time we go.
Sponsored