First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 Ford F100 with 30K original miles
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I know that beige soft tops are available for Wranglers. Does anyone offer one for Broncos?
Sponsored

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
None. I would rather wait 2 years for a vehicle (assuming some form of price protection is in place) than get a soft top. Thank me later when you do one of the following things
  1. Drive on Utah backroads and your vehicle fills with red dust and none of the zippers work
  2. The thing starts looking like a saggy POS after a few uses
  3. It scratches your rollbars when you fully retract it
  4. You need to visit a hearing doctor because of all the road noise
  5. You have to buy a hard top anyway 5 years from now when the soft top starts falling apart and becomes floppy
How do I know all this? I drove a Wrangler soft top for 7 years, and Jeep is ages ahead of Ford in making a soft top less shitty.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None. I would rather wait 2 years for a vehicle (assuming some form of price protection is in place) than get a soft top. Thank me later when you do one of the following things
  1. Drive on Utah backroads and your vehicle fills with red dust and none of the zippers work
  5. You have to buy a hard top anyway 5 years from now when the soft top starts falling apart and becomes floppy
How do I know all this? I drove a Wrangler soft top for 7 years, and Jeep is ages ahead of Ford in making a soft top less shitty.
I don’t drive in Utah. No worries about red dust.

I prefer the look of soft too over the MIC with improper proportions and body lines it has. I’ve used it more than a few times and looks same as new.

No scratches on rollbar.

Don’t find it that loud below legal road speeds.(below 80mph)

The MIC top doesn’t appear to be outliving the soft top so far.

Last edited:

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know that beige soft tops are available for Wranglers. Does anyone offer one for Broncos?
I brought this up last year. Some colors would be cool. I do like black though. Maybe a few years down the road when replacing a top is more likely. Market would be small right now.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

1. No zippers on Bronco unless on your shorts
2. No worries the Bronco softtop side windows are saggy by poor design of attachment points.
3. Then leave it closed - or strap it in place when open
4. You are a young whippersnapper who can't spell U2
5. 2.5 years in and no Bronco softtops look any sagging than new.

Apparently you have not driven a 6g Bronco yet.

And you can avoid Utah red dust by staying out of Utah.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I brought this up last year. Some colors would be cool. I do like black though. Maybe a few years down the road when replacing a top is more likely. Market would be small right now.
True. Brown or Toast or even Blue to go with interior or AMB. The material can't cost much more

OP
OP
56F100

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I have driven a Jeep for 7 years too. Never had a soft top problem. Anyway, appreciate your input.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've yet to see a hard top locally that has taken its hard top off. Some of us bought the Bronco to be a convertible. Different strokes for different folks.

I want a sky-active one-touch top clone. Jeep nailed it with that thing. Let's agree that both tops on the 6G are not perfect. Owners want a hard top level of noise reduction and security, roof rack possibilities, and soft top ease of going topless and window-less.

OP
OP
56F100

56F100

Outer Banks
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not an off-roader. Not at my age. But, we live on the ocean and would like the ease of a soft top to easily turn the Bronco basically topless. The complete hard top removal is a process and just removing the two front panels on my 2-door is a problem if weather quickly turns to rain. Full soft top for me. Would like a beige/brown to go with my Race Red "Heritage"/Toast OB. Bestop only comes in black for now.

Sponsored

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No zippers on the Bronco so less of a point of failure. Just hit 22,222.22 miles a never so much as a spec of water or dust and this includes driving through hurricane force rain / wind in the south and dust storms in the desert.

The only small point of failure is the velcro on top of the side windows which you really need to make sure is aligned properly and secured after all 3 windows are attached. I may look into beefing up the velcro by changing it out to tactical locking plastic velcro...

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

True. Brown or Toast or even Blue to go with interior or AMB. The material can't cost much more
Unfortunately there are so few AMBs out there, probably not going to happen. Loved that color!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

Actually it rolls off the line that way, and if you're following the Oregon Trail in your covered-wagon, you just miss Utah.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd absolutely love a tan soft top. Too bad if and when it becomes available it'll be more expensive than the black ones due to Bronco Tan Roof Lovers Tax.