Sponsored

Best aftermarket alternative to the Modular bumper?

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone -

I have a standard bumper and would love to upgrade it to the modular, specifically because I want to be able to:
- continue to mount my front license plate
- continue to use my front camera, collision/adaptive cruise control sensor, and front parking sensors
- upgrade to better fog lights (like the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit) that will work with the in-dash fog switch AND the aux switches
- (possibly) mount a small push bar
- mount some lights above the bumper, either under or on a push bar

BUT, my understanding is the modular bumper is really a bunch of parts and fairly pricey, and there are decent aftermarket alternatives that could do all of the above but for less than the $2000-2100 an OEM modular would cost. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Am I basically relegated to an eBay, Chinese knockoff of the OEM?
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh there are a lot of options here.

I ultimately went with the Chinese knockoff route - mostly figured if I beat it up I'm not out too much money and it gets me the flexibility I was looking for since most accessories are kind of built around the Mod bumper.

But - before I went that route - I was heavily considering one of the BAMF front bumpers. Warn has (had?) a nice one too and it seems to be on clear out pricing until they are gone. I was looking for fog light pockets safari or bull bar, options, and mid/high mount winch capability.

Those are definitely not the only choices, and you'll get a lot of other opinions here I'm sure

Also, don't forget take offs (maybe that's what you mean by ebay though)

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rock hard 4x4

jayhawkerr

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 XC90; '14 Tundra; '71 Chevelle; '37 Tudor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi everyone -

I have a standard bumper and would love to upgrade it to the modular, specifically because I want to be able to:
- continue to mount my front license plate
- continue to use my front camera, collision/adaptive cruise control sensor, and front parking sensors
- upgrade to better fog lights (like the Baja Designs fog pocket light kit) that will work with the in-dash fog switch AND the aux switches
- (possibly) mount a small push bar
- mount some lights above the bumper, either under or on a push bar

BUT, my understanding is the modular bumper is really a bunch of parts and fairly pricey, and there are decent aftermarket alternatives that could do all of the above but for less than the $2000-2100 an OEM modular would cost. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Am I basically relegated to an eBay, Chinese knockoff of the OEM?
Lobo Off Road HNT

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are a lot of options out there but how will you use it? If it’s just for looks then whatever is clever. But if you’re rock crawling you’ll want clearance and some of those bumpers are horrendous for that. (ARB is the first to come to mind)

We’re looking for clearance and ended up chopping the modular bumper. It would be preferred to have a frame cut where the winch is pulled in but to my knowledge that’s not an option yet with exception of the hidden winch mounts. (We didn’t want to go that route)

IMG_4668.jpeg

OP
OP
Toonces

Toonces

Outer Banks
First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are a lot of options out there but how will you use it? If it’s just for looks then whatever is clever. But if you’re rock crawling you’ll want clearance and some of those bumpers are horrendous for that. (ARB is the first to come to mind)
Thanks for the responses folks - I'm looking for something quite literally as I noted in my original post - I have a bad back so am not looking to go rock crawling but I do drive on quite a few back roads where extra lighting is really helpful. I like a lot of the Baja Designs options (and have a few as ditch and reverse lights already on my truck) and would like to add to what I can do up front, without compromising the current tech that I also use fairly regularly.

I see there are modular bumper knockoffs on eBay for ~$600 but can't bring myself to trust them, unless anyone in here can convice me otherwise!

That Rock Hard option looks pretty good - can anyone post pics if they've installed it, especially if they've also added fog lights?
Sponsored