Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When out in the wild I put my fob in a very small Pelican case which is then tethered to my backpack or chestpack depending on what gear I am wearing. I have SCUBA'd with it down to about 80 ft. I think the Pelican specs say it is good to 300ft. Keeps it dry and very good impact protection.
Sponsored

stbanning

Badlands
First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 platinum, mazdaspeed miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would get the keypad or have a mechanical key cut and buy a fob faraday bag. they have them on amazon or other online stores to put your fob in if you lock it inside. saves you from having to open the fob to remove battery

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I took the keypad off my order because: a) it is an ugly stick on thing, and b) they stick it on in the middle of a beautiful body panel. I figure I will buy the stick on keypad and stick it in some location I want it (thinking on the black B Pillar rather than my CO door, but have read inside the fuel door if it will open when the vehicle is locked).
But yeah - this is the one usecase where the keypad makes sense to me.
Even as more of a utility/functional buyer, got to admit the stock keypad looks tacked on, like something out of 80's Radio Shack. It's so useful though, I might still get it. Too bad Ford didn't have a more slick looking integrated option.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully there is an easy way to permanently disable the "panic" button on the Bronco key fob. Twice while camping last week, some person in the campground accidently hit the panic button and woke up half the campground.

I mean has anyone ever hit the panic button for a real panic situation? Would like to see that button removed entirely.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully there is an easy way to permanently disable the "panic" button on the Bronco key fob. Twice while camping last week, some person in the campground accidently hit the panic button and woke up half the campground.

I mean has anyone ever hit the panic button for a real panic situation? Would like to see that button removed entirely.
I believe that is one of the FORSCAN programming options.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d like to see one press of that button turn on the Zone Lighting or even just the head lights/reverse lights. Push it twice and it should set off the Panic Alarm. I assume it does get used and makes sense why it’s there; thankfully you don’t see people using it regularly otherwise I’d likely be moving!

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone already mentioned, get a 3rd fob and have programmed when your vehicle comes in. The backup key is in the shell and will need to be ordered cut from Rotunda or take your chance with local dealer/locksmith. If the battery dies at least you can use the backup slot assuming you have a backup key stowed somewhere. The RFID chip should not fail if wet but will qualify that as my SIL came in with her '13 Escape and the fob was dead after she dropped it. No visible damage to anything but have seen these go through the wash and lose lock/unlock/panic/remote start function but still work in the backup slot.

https://www.americankeysupply.com/product/ford-h94-hu101-transponder-key-shell-plug-style-brk-6683

Get one of these if you don't want to mess with an additional back up, just need to have trace cut to your factory key. Will get you in the door but won't start.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have never, ever lost a fob or car key. 🤷
Just get the fucking keypad.
Most people I know have the keypad, but don't attach it to the door. They hide it somewhere else inconspicuous, and have a 2nd key in a faraday bag inside the vehicle (that way, you can lock it with the key inside). Some places I've seen keypads hidden: inside wheel wells, inside bumper trim, under the hood/cowl at the windshield end (accessible, but not readily visible to passers by), and in one case, mounted on the backside of the front license plate frame.

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
you could do so without too much fuss if you dont mind "destroying" your key fob. Like, it would be harder to restore the feature after you desolder the button from the PCB.
Actually on our minivan, I opened the fobs and removed a little silver "dimple" that is used to complete the circuit for the panic button. But that is an older van I got cheap, and not sure I want to mess with the internals of a new Bronco fob. If similar design though, might be fairly easy to do the same.

It was just a matter of removing the silver "dimple" from the particular round contact area (but probably more complicated on newer fobs):
Ford Bronco Best Backup Plan for a Lost Key 1625612414510
Sponsored