First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what does it cost for a replacement FOB key . I still have one to get and go but don't feel good without a backup ( 2nd one )
Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They fob itself isn't so pricey it's what it cost to have programmed at a dealer (required) so you're looking at a minimum of at least $150.

OP
OP
old goat

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
would the warranty and or extended warranty I bought have a lost key replacement section

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you purchased that option on your ford extended warranty. I don’t know if the deductible applies but figure on around 225 for fob, emergency key cut, and dealer programming the new key ( because you don’t have two programmed keys to do it yourself )

OP
OP
old goat

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
what does it cost for a replacement FOB key . I still have one to get and go but don't feel good without a backup ( 2nd one )
UPDATE ! FOUND MY KEY FOB THIS MORNING 🙃🥳👊 STUCK IN THE RECLINER . I HAD TIPPED IT OVER TWO DAYS AGO AND NOTHING. TODAY I FLIPPED IT OVER A DIFFERENT WAY AND IT FELL OUT.

I did the double check cause the dealership quoted me close to 300 bucks so I rechecked everything again and it payed off.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
UPDATE ! FOUND MY KEY FOB THIS MORNING 🙃🥳👊 STUCK IN THE RECLINER . I HAD TIPPED IT OVER TWO DAYS AGO AND NOTHING. TODAY I FLIPPED IT OVER A DIFFERENT WAY AND IT FELL OUT.

I did the double check cause the dealership quoted me close to 300 bucks so I rechecked everything again and it payed off.
Out of concern about losing a key and the cost, I got a 3rd party key for $24 the other day, and the programming process was easy. You might want to consider that while you have the two keys available for the programming.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Out of concern about losing a key and the cost, I got a 3rd party key for $24 the other day, and the programming process was easy. You might want to consider that while you have the two keys available for the programming.
Link

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should buy an AirTag key ring 😁

Glad it turned up!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I bought this key offered on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/145006246791

And programmed it according to these instructions provided by forum member @Ducati1098 (worked fine after first attempt):

419-01B Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) - Vehicles With: Keyless Vehicle System2022 - 2023 Bronco
General ProceduresProcedure revision date: 03/14/2019
Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys
Programming

NOTE:
This procedure works only if the spare key programming is enabled.

NOTE: Two previously programmed keys are required to perform this procedure. All the steps must be completed within 30 seconds.

NOTE: Make sure all the doors are closed prior to beginning this procedure and they remain closed until the procedure is complete.

1. Locate the passive key backup starting location. Refer to the Owner Literature for the passive key backup starting location.
  2. Place the first programmed passive key in the backup starting location. Press the START/STOP button.
  3. Wait 5 seconds and then press the START/STOP button.
  4. Remove the first previously programmed passive key.
  5. Within 10 seconds, place the second previously programmed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  6. Wait 5 seconds and press the START/STOP button.
  7. Remove the second previously programmed passive key.
  8. NOTE: See the Owner's Literature for maximum number of keys that can be programmed to the vehicle.
    Wait 5 seconds and then place the unprogrammed passive key in the backup starting location and press the START/STOP button.
  9. NOTE: If the key does not successfully program, wait at least 10 seconds before attempting to repeat the procedure.
    Verify the RKE transmitter operates and the vehicle starts using the new passive key.

Sponsored

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you purchase a second key when you originally bought your Bronco? When i took delivery of mine, the dealer only provided me a single key/fob. So if i lose it, I have no key at all. I didn’t think about it at the time but later thought it odd that they only provide one key.

I’m wondering now if the Dealer misplaced or forgot to give me a second key/fob

FFS - scratch that. I completely forgot i hid my second key the second i got home from the dealer. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
OP
OP
old goat

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
all broncos come with two key fob's , go back to dealer and demand your second fob,

and no I never purchased a second fob , two came with my bronco.

also I read some where that there was a time Ford only shipped with one but Ford made it whole if you contact them. but I would go back to dealer first.

good luck

BuckBronco

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you purchase a second key when you originally bought your Bronco? When i took delivery of mine, the dealer only provided me a single key/fob. So if i lose it, I have no key at all. I didn’t think about it at the time but later thought it odd that they only provide one key.

I’m wondering now if the Dealer misplaced or forgot to give me a second key/fob.
Yeah... this aint right. You should have gotten 2 fobs with your Bronco, and furthermore, you will take a couple of hundred dollar hit at trade-in time if you only have one key fob. I would make some inquiries to see if you cant get a second fob from someone at no cost to you.

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all broncos come with two key fob's , go back to dealer and demand your second fob,

and no I never purchased a second fob , two came with my bronco.

also I read some where that there was a time Ford only shipped with one but Ford made it whole if you contact them. but I would go back to dealer first.

good luck
Yeah... this aint right. You should have gotten 2 fobs with your Bronco, and furthermore, you will take a couple of hundred dollar hit at trade-in time if you only have one key fob. I would make some inquiries to see if you cant get a second fob from someone at no cost to you.
Thanks guys. Complete brain failure on my part. I had hid the second key on day one and apparently erased that from my memory. Too careful for my own good.
Sponsored