Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've done a couple of really light trails since I got mine in September.

This is Lolo Pass Road off highway 26 in Oregon. From 26, it climbs steeply and becomes a forest service road. Typically an easy drive, but made more difficult with the snow. We got a few miles in where a washout stopped us from going any farther. The plan was to go all the way to Hood River, spotting campsites along the way, and a side trip to the top of Mt Defiance. Will definitely try this again when it thaws out up there.
F52810EC-CA82-4827-9F0B-5522A22FA2BD.jpeg

This is inside the Gifford Pinchot National Forest just east of Moulton WA. We took NE Dole Valley Road to forest road L-1100 (or DNR-1100)to NF-4109. The first road was a well graded gravel road with small pot holes. Once into the national forest it was considerably slower going, with mud at first, then gigantic potholes filled with a mix of mud and water. Some could have been called very small ponds.
E855C2CD-BBDC-4783-8935-7D84231DD9CB.jpeg

in this picture, Red is Moulton WA, Green is where NE Dole Valley meets L-1100, and the blue trail is the route we took into the national forest.
62165630-26F4-4308-A368-C62F7B31E033.png

I try to post to Instagram (@pnw.bronco) before I do any trails. Will try to remember to post here too in case anyone wants to join.
Thank you for this. If my Bronco ever arrives, I'll keep a lookout for your posts and hopefully join you sometime.
Sponsored

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius, 1973 F100, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for this. If my Bronco ever arrives, I'll keep a lookout for your posts and hopefully join you sometime.
Sounds good to me! Shoot me a message on IG if you're there under a different name.

I'd love a to see a consistent way that we post/share about future travels for folks to join in. There's an Oregon Bronco Club here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

SkiRig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sounds good to me! Shoot me a message on IG if you're there under a different name.

I'd love a to see a consistent way that we post/share about future travels for folks to join in. There's an Oregon Bronco Club here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
Unfortunately, I'm not on social media, but I peruse this site a lot.

I think another member here, B Miller, runs the Oregon Bronco Club. I think he is out of Sherwood. Here is the link to his post:

OREGON BRONCO CLUB MEMBERS - New Event Posted! | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OregonMike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is Lolo Pass Road off highway 26 in Oregon. From 26, it climbs steeply and becomes a forest service road. Typically an easy drive, but made more difficult with the snow. We got a few miles in where a washout stopped us from going any farther. The plan was to go all the way to Hood River, spotting campsites along the way, and a side trip to the top of Mt Defiance. Will definitely try this again when it thaws out up there.
F52810EC-CA82-4827-9F0B-5522A22FA2BD.jpeg

This is inside the Gifford Pinchot National Forest just east of Moulton WA. We took NE Dole Valley Road to forest road L-1100 (or DNR-1100)to NF-4109. The first road was a well graded gravel road with small pot holes. Once into the national forest it was considerably slower going, with mud at first, then gigantic potholes filled with a mix of mud and water. Some could have been called very small ponds.
E855C2CD-BBDC-4783-8935-7D84231DD9CB.jpeg

in this picture, Red is Moulton WA, Green is where NE Dole Valley meets L-1100, and the blue trail is the route we took into the national forest.
62165630-26F4-4308-A368-C62F7B31E033.png

I try to post to Instagram (@pnw.bronco) before I do any trails. Will try to remember to post here too in case anyone wants to join.
Damn! Who took that first photo?? 😄

Sponsored

Goinwheelin

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What some of your favorite trails you've taken your Bronco on? How challenging were they? Was it worth the drive?
I got my Bronco in October and so far I’ve taken it on the Bethel Ridge loop, Darland Mountain loop, Blue Lake trail, Naches Pass trail. The loops are not that difficult unless there’s deep snow. In the summer any high clearance vehicle can travel them. The views are spectacular though. Naches Pass is more difficult but only because it’s tight in a few spots. IMO all of them are worth the drive, and the loop trails are even better in the early snow of the season or late spring. Mid summer is way too dusty around here.

There’s tons of trails in the area. Ahtanum, Rimrock, Litte Naches all have great trails from easy to difficult. The Trails behind Rimrock Lake are steep and tight and many are downhill only. Funny Rocks and Moon Rocks at little Naches are fun to visit just to watch people break stuff. The Ahtanum doesn’t have a whole lot of difficult trails but it gives access to the downhill only trails at rimrock.

there’s also the WABDR. that travels thru the area. Bethel ridge is included
https://www.overlandexpo.com/compass/washington-backcountry-discovery-route/

Goinwheelin

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Tons of videos on YouTube. The thumbnail for this video is Bethel Ridge

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super short notice but I'm headed up to Gifford Pinchot National Forest outside of Battleground WA. If anyone wants to join, I'll be at Sunset Falls Campground around 2pm today, 1/22. Primary goal is spotting dispersed campsites for later this spring. Trail should be real easy.

Cheers!

WillRCTID

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for posting this up. Still don't have my Bronco yet, but I'm going to meet up with you some day.
It'll get here eventually!

Sponsored

PNW_Ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond Sas, 2023 Base Sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tahuya orv is a lot of fun. Reiters Foothills is fun as long as you have skids and sliders. There’s been a lot of group meets for Capital Forest. Just depends on what you’re after

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OnXOffroad or Gaia for the PNW?
Gaia is less user friendly but way more powerful (Gaia Premium), I have both but use Gaia mostly. Here are some of the layers that give Gaia its power. Onx is really a mix of social network and mapping where Gaia really isn't.

My big gripe with Onx is there is no way to download all your GPX files and export that I know of. I have lots of data and I don't want some policy change or expired credit card to take that database away.
  • Public & Private land layer: Got to know who own and manages the land.
  • Snow depth: Its shocking how good it is, within ~100 yards of where it says there is snow, there is. I use this all the time in the spring to see where the snow line is. See below.
  • Light pollution: Great for finding dark spots to say check out a green comet
  • Mobile phone coverage by carrier: To either have or avoid signal
  • Wild fires (current, historical, and satellite detected inferred hot spots)
  • Smoke predictions (toady, 24hr, 48hr): so useful in the summers here
  • Rain prediction (toady, 24hr, 48hr): Use it to see how far east I need to go to get out of the drizzle
  • Mines and mineral: Hey what's that tailings pile????
And literally hundreds of layers I don't use.
Ford Bronco Best PNW Trails for our Broncos? 1675439725857

jag2440

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice, what exit do I take off 26? I am from Tigard.
Sponsored