First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm looking to get another sunshade tope for my Bronco before the Texas heat kicks in. I had the GearShade mesh sun shade top, but threw it out after one of the bungees broke. It was also annoying to have those balls, attached to the bungees, banging the interior.

I'm contemplating on getting the Rough Country Bikini Top Plus. Any thoughts on this one or alternatives?
Sponsored

Browp24

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have on from Dirty Dog 4x4. I had one with the bungee and it flapped so bad in the wind. This one has straps that you can really pull tight so it's so much better.

If you search their site they also have a headliner but only for the soft top. Good thing is that they use the same clips as the sunshade so it would be easy to swap. I don't have it but the reviews seen good.

https://store.dirtydog4x4.com/?route=product/category&path=62_149

OP
OP
Kmwalker107

Kmwalker107

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have on from Dirty Dog 4x4. I had one with the bungee and it flapped so bad in the wind. This one has straps that you can really pull tight so it's so much better.

If you search their site they also have a headliner but only for the soft top. Good thing is that they use the same clips as the sunshade so it would be easy to swap. I don't have it but the reviews seen good.

Perfect! I’ll probably go with that one

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Another JTops fan here.
Great product and their customer service is top-notch!

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered a dirty dog sunshade the other day, shipped today... looks to be well made, and unlike JTops, they have a Canadian warehouse :)

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered a dirty dog sunshade the other day, shipped today... looks to be well made, and unlike JTops, they have a Canadian warehouse :)
We ship to Canada almost every day.
Mike

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Jtop one can be left on under the hardtop unlike this dirty dog. So if you have a hard too take that into account. Soft top you can go either way.

I now see you have a soft top. I’ll leave this here for others though.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Jtop one can be left on under the hardtop unlike this dirty dog. So if you have a hard too take that into account. Soft top you can go either way.

I now see you have a soft top. I’ll leave this here for others though.
I'm pretty sure the DIrty Dog shade can be left in place as well, you just have to order the one built to be used with the hard top

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the DIrty Dog shade can be left in place as well, you just have to order the one built to be used with the hard top
Ahhh I followed the link and I guess it went straight to the soft top one. But their write up says hardtop users will have to remove it to put hardtop back on.

Last edited:

kbeck

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Assuming you have this installed now? How is it? Particularly wondering about the front with no attachment in the middle. Is flapping not too bad?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Assuming you have this installed now? How is it? Particularly wondering about the front with no attachment in the middle. Is flapping not too bad?
Doesn't flap at all, at least not speeds at or around 70mph, or at least not that I noticed.

The only downside I've found so far is they went from metal brackets to 3d printed ones. They work fine, but it seems like a cost cutting measure more than an improvement. I cracked one during install (they didn't list any torque spec for the fasteners, and I didn't think I was putting an unreasonable amount on it)