First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Can someone please post a pic of your frame for me. I am struggling to put it together. Also when you installed did you have a gap on the top by the front windshield I have one and I cant understand why. Yes I have the instructions, and yes I watched the best top video. But at this point im really ready to throw in the towel.
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After install you’re seeing this? Or did u stop in process? I remember the brackets being similar looking from right and left.. what step are you at? I’ll try to get a pic

OP
OP
7.3ltr bronco

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got it assembled and on. Something is not right it won't go back and when latched down I have a gap between top of window and the soft top.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some pics of the rod assemblies from inside. I think the center rods were very confusing if I recall. Easy to install wrong.
Ford Bronco Best top 2 door soft top having issues 3A99514E-2DE3-4367-A384-273B1C9BF7B0
Ford Bronco Best top 2 door soft top having issues 47BB3E69-FC8F-4023-A665-1A7D8CA03F1A
Ford Bronco Best top 2 door soft top having issues 39559ADA-6918-46A2-B035-F376F9A5672D

OP
OP
7.3ltr bronco

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you I'm going to work on it some more this weekend. Got frustrated and walked away from it. Did you have any type of gap between the front window and top at first. I just need to take it off and start over. I get frustrated quickly and want to set it on fire.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the pics and help. Got home took a breath and got it buttoned up.

Ford Bronco Best top 2 door soft top having issues IMG_20220708_191019442_HDR

Ford Bronco Best top 2 door soft top having issues IMG_20220708_191019442_HDR
Now that it’s on, how do you like it? How hard would it be to take off if you want to put the hard top back on?

OP
OP
7.3ltr bronco

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now that I know how it goes on it's easy the only thing is all the brackets. There are a lot of them. We had a jeep and to transition from soft to hard top was very easy. Jeep had little shock assist that helped push the top back this doesn't so it almost impossible for one person to throw it back open. I ran 55 plus down the road. Yes it's louder but not annoying and could hear radio and phone calls at a reasonable level. I also have a exhaust and it definitely is more noticeable. It was sitting outside yesterday so when I got in it it was very hot not like the hard top that repels heat better. But even with the air conditioner on medium stayed very cool. I believe my tinted windows with the ceramic coating really help with that. It will probably take me 20 minutes to transfer back to the hard top in the fall now that I know what I'm doing. But all in all I love it and the way it transforms the look of my truck. I will take on the soft top and hang it in one piece on the garage wall. I did the same thing with the Jeep soft top but I folded it like and accordian and hung it up. This will hang flat. Also the screws are very easy to strip so be very careful if using and screw gun or impact gun to speed up install. I was careful and messed up about 3 screws but had backup bolts. And everything is new and very tight it needs stretched out. So the top seems to be Fighting against you some times. Also in the the roof then have 3 Velcro strips that go across and wrap around 3 points on the top. This is awesome and eliminates almost all flapped at high speed. Also the side and back windows have a bit of tint to them which is nice for heat and the occasional nosey body that walks along. Yes I love it and would recommend. Remember also if you have a lower garage this when flipped back adds some height to your truck. So keep that in mind when pulling in the garage. I think I saw a member on hear with a factory soft top four door rip that sucker off not realizing the height difference.
Sponsored

Last edited: