Sponsored

Best-top trektop install/uninstall tips?

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
So my besttop should be coming today and i heard the installation is hard.

The plan is to have the soft top for summer and my MIC for winter.

I also ordered some Paint protection film because i heard there is rubbing.

Any tips to make this plan easier? anybody know where the best PPF spots are for this application?

Also isnt there a way to build the soft top as a "unit" and remove that as one piece?
Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this 2-door or 4-door? I installed the 2-door and it wasn't that bad, but it did take about four hours with a few people. There are instructions but at one point they tell you to watch this video-

I had a few people doing the install and we kept this video up and just did everything step by step.

The system comes with pre-cut vinyl sheets that you use in some places to protect the paint, at least mine did.

One thing to keep in mind is toward the install there are these then metal cables with a stud in it that connects to a piece toward the back... make sure you install these at the correct time during the process. I guess we skipped over that on one side and had to undo some of the brackets to get that metal cable out and install it correctly.

As for making the soft top quick detach I'm not sure it's possible, it's basically as quick detach as it can be which wouldn't be very quick. There are plastic trim pieces and foam pieces that you install which would have to be uninstalled. While it is possible to remove entirely to put the hard top back on it will take some time to do correctly.

All of that being said if you do the install exactly as instructed it really isn't a difficult job, just time consuming. At the end of the day it's a very nice quality top and I'm extremely happy with mine.

One thing I recommend is buying some velcro straps such as these and using them to strap the rear seat belts to the roll bars if you're not using them, otherwise at highway speed they'll make a ton of noise- https://a.co/d/dYr3k4k

I also bought a black luggage strap and use it to go around the top when it's folded back just so it doesn't sag in the middle and obstruct my rear view mirror.

If you have a 4-door you'll want to watch this video but I don't know if the install is any easier or worse.

OP
OP

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
Is this 2-door or 4-door? I installed the 2-door and it wasn't that bad, but it did take about four hours with a few people. There are instructions but at one point they tell you to watch this video-

I had a few people doing the install and we kept this video up and just did everything step by step.

The system comes with pre-cut vinyl sheets that you use in some places to protect the paint, at least mine did.

One thing to keep in mind is toward the install there are these then metal cables with a stud in it that connects to a piece toward the back... make sure you install these at the correct time during the process. I guess we skipped over that on one side and had to undo some of the brackets to get that metal cable out and install it correctly.

As for making the soft top quick detach I'm not sure it's possible, it's basically as quick detach as it can be which wouldn't be very quick. There are plastic trim pieces and foam pieces that you install which would have to be uninstalled. While it is possible to remove entirely to put the hard top back on it will take some time to do correctly.

All of that being said if you do the install exactly as instructed it really isn't a difficult job, just time consuming. At the end of the day it's a very nice quality top and I'm extremely happy with mine.

One thing I recommend is buying some velcro straps such as these and using them to strap the rear seat belts to the roll bars if you're not using them, otherwise at highway speed they'll make a ton of noise- https://a.co/d/dYr3k4k

I also bought a black luggage strap and use it to go around the top when it's folded back just so it doesn't sag in the middle and obstruct my rear view mirror.

If you have a 4-door you'll want to watch this video but I don't know if the install is any easier or worse.

what about the paint protection film?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

tractorcrusher

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m not sure about that but I’ll try to take pictures of my mounting points this weekend and put them on this post.
Sponsored