Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi All!

Finally got around to one of the biggest items on my to-do list - getting rid of the stock Bridgestone Duelers!

After nearly a month of intense research, I decided on the BFGoodrich Trail-Terrains. Reason being - I have a set of Black Diamond takeoffs on the way that I'm going to use for my off-road activities, so I wanted something that was comfortable on the road, had more aggressive looks than the Duelers (which, is pretty much any tire in existence :LOL:), and had enough potential to do light/medium off-roading if needed. They don't have a ton of customer reviews since they're a newer model, but there's a few YouTube channels that were big on them (TrailBuilt being one of them). So far, I'm very impressed. I've only put about 30 mins of drive time on them, but I can already tell they're much more confident on the road. Cornering/handling feels more planted. They're more firm, but less bouncy if that makes sense. Plus they look much more appropriate for the car. I ended up going with 275/65/18, and the difference is pretty obvious from these pics. Thought long and hard about the white letters, but I've always wanted a set of them (probably due to watching Back to the Future as a kid and seeing Marty Mcfly's SR5), and I have no regrets.

I'll post updated thoughts after I log some more miles, but very happy with this upgrade!

With Duelers:

Ford Bronco BFGoodrich Trail Terrains on OBX image (1)

With the Trail-Terrains:
Ford Bronco BFGoodrich Trail Terrains on OBX IMG_1148
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Will be looking out for your long-term review for sure.

Those tires are SUPER popular in the Subaru community, but outside of that community I haven't heard much about them. My wife drives an AWD Escape—that we may trade in for a Bronco Sport—and honestly these tires are on my list of tires to look at. We live up north and the stock Escape tires have proven to be pretty terrible in the snow.

Engineer Pass

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Any lifts or leveling spacers needed?

OP
OP
fitterhappier

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any lifts or leveling spacers needed?
Nope - height-wise, the 275/65 is the same as the 255/70, which is great because there's no speedometer difference (I'm guessing my mpg will take a hit in some way though). Main difference is that they're almost an inch wider, but haven't had any issues in that department yet.

Engineer Pass

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks, not willing to cut any crash bars yet.
Sponsored