First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's an easy fix with some black spray paint. If i go with the BB, i may do that on mine.
Vinyl is the bigger issue. Likely have to go spend 2k on some Katzkin’s. The benefit to the BD is the limited price difference between an auto and the auto with the 2.7, so it gives me an excuse for a bigger engine ;)
Sponsored

Ice_GopherFC

Black Diamond
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had an 05 Ranger; 95 Dakota; 2017 Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the signature headlights are gawdy and overdone. The pictures IRL of the normal LED headlights look much better than they do in these BAD renderings. Also a massive "ON" button on my headlights belongs on some dinky EV IMHO. Also I prefer the vintage grille that the BD comes standard with. I also would prefer the blue interior accents, marine vinyl and washout flooring.

Tommy1135

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think the signature headlights are gawdy and overdone. The pictures IRL of the normal LED headlights look much better than they do in these BAD renderings. Also a massive "ON" button on my headlights belongs on some dinky EV IMHO. Also I prefer the vintage grille that the BD comes standard with. I also would prefer the blue interior accents, marine vinyl and washout flooring.
Ive been thinking the same think after seeing the front headlights. I remember when I first saw the reveal I wasn’t a fan of the signature headlights, so I think it’s a case of me wanting them because they’re “signature”, but the normal headlights are fine and are still LEDs. Also the blueaccent interior is great since I’m leaning towards Velocity blue! Just don’t understand how they came to the conclusion of using grabber blue...

mrf_pa

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Don't think a person can go wrong with either selection. Definitely has me scratching my head a bit as Ford B&P choices are pretty odd (I know Capt. Obvious).

If you build the BB with the:
Sasquatch,
signature lights,
console switches,
steel front bumper (which gets the upgraded front bash plate),
mid package, and
rock rails, the cost is $44,575 (with the 2.3L).

Compared to the BD with similar configuration at $44,330 (no signature lights available), but the BD would have the
vinyl interior/wash out floor,
rear steel bumper, and
additional bash plates (this one I cannot seem to verify, but it seems to be advertised that way).

Additional bash plates should be available aftermarket to put on the BB, which would increase the cost.

I have been waffling, but, for now, I am sticking with the BD...easier to clean dog hair off the seats.

Certainly very close between the two.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably not. I don't think B&P is as messed up as people want to believe it is. A lot of the "bugs" you see reported are more about wanting things than contradictions. There are issues, but I don't think this is one.
I disagree. Go to my first post and view the issues. A vast majority are bugs/glitches. True that we have multiple posts in this thread about late availability options.....

Last edited:

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Don't think a person can go wrong with either selection. Definitely has me scratching my head a bit as Ford B&P choices are pretty odd (I know Capt. Obvious).

If you build the BB with the:
Sasquatch,
signature lights,
console switches,
steel front bumper (which gets the upgraded front bash plate),
mid package, and
rock rails, the cost is $44,575 (with the 2.3L).

Compared to the BD with similar configuration at $44,330 (no signature lights available), but the BD would have the
vinyl interior/wash out floor,
rear steel bumper, and
additional bash plates (this one I cannot seem to verify, but it seems to be advertised that way).

Additional bash plates should be available aftermarket to put on the BB, which would increase the cost.

I have been waffling, but, for now, I am sticking with the BD...easier to clean dog hair off the seats.

Certainly very close between the two.
Exactly my reason for BD, which coincidentally stands for Big Dogs.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The washout interior is part of what you are paying for. So Big Bend only beats Black Diamond if you aren't interested in the washout interior. Base with SAS and aux switches and rock rails and steel bumper beats them both (if you don't need the washout interior).

In my head I look at it like two completely different lines...
1.) Base, Black Diamond, Badlands
2.) Big Bend, Outer Banks, Wildtrak

As a camper (please don't call me an "overlander") the first group are the ones with more standard features for crossing iffy Forest Service and BLM roads. If money were no option I might go straight to badlands. And these in appearance obviously were designed to pay homage to the look of the Early Bronco.

The second group is very modern, inside and out, with more standard creature comforts. They are very pretty and certainly off-road capable, but seem to be designed more to doubling as daily-drivers and family SUVs.

I don't see how you can compare from the two different groups.??

When you're packing up camp in the rain and can't fold up your tent, so you just stuff it in the back seat... You appreciate not having carpet and cloth seats.?

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I disagree. Go to my first post and view the issues. A vast major are bugs/glitches. True that we have multiple posts in this thread about late availability options.....
TBH, I haven't read it, and, I don't get into those threads. Too much unnecessary drama. ?

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rear locker for the Big Bend doesn't specificy that it's electronic. Do we know if you have to do it yourself or if it's a flip of a switch?

Sponsored

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rear locker for the Big Bend doesn't specificy that it's electronic. Do we know if you have to do it yourself or if it's a flip of a switch?
it's electric, just flip a switch and roll

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the base LED headlights look better than most people give credit for. Check out this pic from BroncoSix on IG. Rapid Red Black Diamond.
IMG_20201025_083919_505.jpg
That's very helpful, the grill/lights look much better than the CGI. I may actually prefer this setup to the signature lights.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Big Bend beats Black Diamond! MAIN ART Bronco_Family_02. - Copy
That's very helpful, the grill/lights look much better than the CGI. I may actually prefer this setup to the signature lights.
I do like the standard lights. They look good on the yellow 2-door.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks whoever mentioned BD has blue stitching and accents. I feel like cactus gray and A51 won't look right with the interior :cry: i can't unsee it
Sponsored