First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm convinced the Big Bend is Ford's shot at decoy pricing. It's basically the mid-grade gas version of the bronco—it mainly exists to create perceived value in jumping up to BD, OB & BL. For some that want particular combos of options not available on the Base, Ford has configured it such that the BB is attractive (don't want squatch, no vinyl, want cactus gray or a51, locking diff and want mid package? Then you're stuck at BB).

Other than that, the BB doesn't make much sense financially. Very sneaky, Ford. :cautious:
Now maybe we know the real reason that Ford named this version of the Bronco the BIG BEND ?
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm convinced the Big Bend is Ford's shot at decoy pricing. It's basically the mid-grade gas version of the bronco—it mainly exists to create perceived value in jumping up to BD, OB & BL. For some that want particular combos of options not available on the Base, Ford has configured it such that the BB is attractive (don't want squatch, no vinyl, want cactus gray or a51, locking diff and want mid package? Then you're stuck at BB).

Other than that, the BB doesn't make much sense financially. Very sneaky, Ford. :cautious:
Sadly I think you are right. And the worst part is that they got me right where they want me. I'm a fish on the line!

comfour

Big Bend
First Name
cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think you have it well laid out other than with a tune you can get 2.7 power. You may get similar HP, but you will likely be unable to tune similar torque and it will be higher in the RPM range. I also assume the Auto trans still maintains some torque multiplier effect, but that I am unsure on. BTW I am still mulling through my choice as well, I think the 2.3 will be great.
I may settle for the 2.3 and tune later, I need to stay within 40-42k

Sponsored

PLindsey725

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I may settle for the 2.3 and tune later, I need to stay within 40-42k
Looking at what the 2.3 can do with a simple tune on Mustangs, Ranger and FoRS it'll be plenty, definitely worth it to keep the manual for me.

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My only concern with the Base is the lack of safety features. If I’m going to buy a brand new rig, I’d appreciate some basic safety functionality while I’m on the highway and whatnot. I know it’s as barebones as it gets, and the point of this vehicle isn’t to be the most functional/technologically advanced, but upgrading to BB and going Mid package is a lot.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the only reason to get Big Bend is if you want the Mid Package. You're packing paying for the privilege, lol.

This will be my daily driver and so I'd want some of the comforts of the Mid Package.
I'm leaning towards Big Bend, but have no interest in the Mid Package. I'm getting a 4Dr and don't want Sasquatch. Big Bend gets me optional ($500?) rear diff lockers and a color I like (Cactus Grey). The $2680 msrp bump from Base also gets me wheels and tires I like and the couple little doo-dads previously mentioned.
I agree the $4885 jump from the 2Dr Base isn't worth it. Seems the 2Dr Base is a good deal, just as I thought the 4Dr was until they yanked the automatic transmission.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan on going 2 door Base + Sasquatch Package. For now. I thought about going Big Bend just incase I change my mine in the paint department from Antimatter to Area 51.

The problem with the Big Bend for me is I just can’t justify the extra $4800 over the Base especially when going Sasquatch.

When going Sasquatch ill be getting the Beadlock and 35s so the upgraded 32s and fancy wheels will be moot. And what else is there extra? Tinted glass, carbonized grey grill, extra Goat mode, leather steering wheel, leather shifter knob and fog lights? For $4,800 more???? Those are small things. None of those items should cost that much. Am I missing something? That would be one expensive paint option.

I'm actually hoping I'm missing something so I can justify to extra cost. All the big things like heated seats and remote start still seem to be extra that you still have to pay for.
If you want a 2Dr Sasquatch then the Base is absolutely the way to go! You're not missing anything. 2Dr Base Sasquatch is the best deal Ford is offering. And it comes with a hard top! I'd get zero options and have a beast for $33,500. Maybe the Dana 210 front axel??

I'm probably doing Big Bend b/c I need a 4Dr/2.7L and don't want Sasquatch. The price bump is just over half the bump on the 2Dr. This $2680 gets me much better wheels and tires, a color I like (Cactus Grey), rear locker option ($500?) that I definitely want, plus the other minor trim details you mentioned.
BaseBig BendB DiamondO BanksBadlandsWildtrak
2Dr
$28,500​
$33,385​
$36,050​
$38,955​
$42,095​
$48,875​
4Dr
$33,200​
$35,880​
$38,545​
$41,450​
$44,590​
$51,370​
UPGRADE COSTS
2Dr-->4Dr
$4,700​
$2,495​
$2,495​
$2,495​
$2,495​
$2,495​
2Dr next level
$4,885​
$2,665​
$2,905​
$3,140​
$6,780​
4Dr next level
$2,680​
$2,665​
$2,905​
$3,140​
$6,780​

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you want a 2Dr Sasquatch then the Base is absolutely the way to go! You're not missing anything. 2Dr Base Sasquatch is the best deal Ford is offering. And it comes with a hard top! I'd get zero options and have a beast for $33,500. Maybe the Dana 210 front axel??

I'm probably doing Big Bend b/c I need a 4Dr/2.7L and don't want Sasquatch. The price bump is just over half the bump on the 2Dr. This $2680 gets me much better wheels and tires, a color I like (Cactus Grey), rear locker option ($500?) that I definitely want, plus the other minor trim details you mentioned.
BaseBig BendB DiamondO BanksBadlandsWildtrak
2Dr
$28,500​
$33,385​
$36,050​
$38,955​
$42,095​
$48,875​
4Dr
$33,200​
$35,880​
$38,545​
$41,450​
$44,590​
$51,370​
UPGRADE COSTS
2Dr-->4Dr
$4,700​
$2,495​
$2,495​
$2,495​
$2,495​
$2,495​
2Dr next level
$4,885​
$2,665​
$2,905​
$3,140​
$6,780​
4Dr next level
$2,680​
$2,665​
$2,905​
$3,140​
$6,780​
Yes I'm going 2 door Base Sasquatch. Seems like the best route to go for the folks who want the Sasquatch and extreme Off-roading capability.

If I didn't go Sasquatch I'd be going with the Black Diamond. I feel like it has the most Off-roading options for the money without the Sasquatch.

Sponsored

DrKennethNoisewater

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 razor scooter
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only concern with the Base is the lack of safety features. If I’m going to buy a brand new rig, I’d appreciate some basic safety functionality while I’m on the highway and whatnot. I know it’s as barebones as it gets, and the point of this vehicle isn’t to be the most functional/technologically advanced, but upgrading to BB and going Mid package is a lot.
I think this is a sign of how far cars have come. I started driving in the 90s and my first few vehicles were BARE bare bones. When I look at the Bronco, even the base, I see a vehicle with power everything, cruise control, audio controls on steering wheel, a TV screen for a stereo (that pairs to your phone), a big digital screen for gauges, a camera in the back that helps me back up, automatic emergency braking, and I assume strategically placed airbags. I guess stuff like blind spot monitoring, lane keep, and adaptive cruise are now considered standard safety features and anything less is "bare bones."

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think this is a sign of how far cars have come. I started driving in the 90s and my first few vehicles were BARE bare bones. When I look at the Bronco, even the base, I see a vehicle with power everything, cruise control, audio controls on steering wheel, a TV screen for a stereo (that pairs to your phone), a big digital screen for gauges, a camera in the back that helps me back up, automatic emergency braking, and I assume strategically placed airbags. I guess stuff like blind spot monitoring, lane keep, and adaptive cruise are now considered standard safety features and anything less is "bare bones."
Same. I started driving in the 70s. Base models today have a ton more stuff than loaded vehicles back then. I don't "need" anything the base doesn't have, but because I'll likely trade in my wife's car, I'll have to get something she won't mind driving sometimes. She "needs" heated seats. Sometime between now and when I order I need to convince her that it just isn't worth nearly $6K (diff between base and BB + mid) to get heated seats, especially since they're cloth.

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I reserved an Outer Banks 4 door but am contemplating switching down to the Big Bend with the 2.7 Liter, hard or modular top, and mid package. I sort of want to add power steps to it but I am also wondering a few things about things such as the instrument panel difference between the Outer Banks and Big Bend. If I can add the High package which at the moment is not possible as I can see I think it would solidify my switch. I think the Big Bend with a Carbonized Grey grill, carbonized grey rims and carbonized Grey top would look sweet. Just my opinion.

Builtdadbodtough

Big Bend
First Name
Dad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wtf.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really wish everyone had just said NO to all of the prices on the survey. Made no sense at all for the eager beavers to say yes yes yes when Ford is taking this into account for final pricing.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Same. I started driving in the 70s. Base models today have a ton more stuff than loaded vehicles back then. I don't "need" anything the base doesn't have, but because I'll likely trade in my wife's car, I'll have to get something she won't mind driving sometimes. She "needs" heated seats. Sometime between now and when I order I need to convince her that it just isn't worth nearly $6K (diff between base and BB + mid) to get heated seats, especially since they're cloth.
You could add aftermarket leather and heaters for much less than $6k.
if I could get the high package on the Big Bend for my wife, that’s the route I’d be going. We will end up in an Outer Banks Sasquatch. I would still much rather have the grey grille from the BB than the black one though. Maybe someone will want to trade.
Sponsored