First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And how much is the mid package on top of the extra $4,800? Just seems overpriced. I don't know.
I believe the mid package is $1600 over the $4800.

It is overpriced no doubt about it.

Although I love the naming schemes, I wish Ford would have an a la carte option where you could get the base and add what you want, like anything.

But as it stands I'm getting the Big Bend.
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I believe the mid package is $1600 over the $4800.

It is overpriced no doubt about it.

Although I love the naming schemes, I wish Ford would have an a la carte option where you could get the base and add what you want, like anything.

But as it stands I'm getting the Big Bend.
Wow. Thats a lot of money. Unbelievable. I feel like the mid should be lumped into that $4,800

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And how much is the mid package on top of the extra $4,800? Just seems overpriced. I don't know.
the Base is the loss leader. Theyā€™d gladly offer it for $31k.. but they like to advertise the under 30 price tag. So if the BB was $2,500 or so more, itā€™d be less odd, no? The Base with Sasquatch, a trim and package I will not be opting for, is probably the best bang for the buck.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree with everyone that the price jump for the 2DR from Base to BB is a head scratcher. Itā€™s not as big of an issue for me because I need a 4DR.

Iā€™ve tried like crazy for over a month to lock down which trim I want and bottom line? Itā€™s really hard. I like washout floors. Iā€™d like a rear locker. I appreciate the simplicity of a base build. Iā€™d love a max build of a badlands. Iā€™d also love to keep the tops off when itā€™s sunny and not fry myself as I try to look cool leaving my work parking lot. ?

So, in the end, Iā€™ve found BB to be a very flexible build that will get me just about everything I want. Itā€™s the only trim that will allow you to add rear lockers as an option, thatā€™s kind of key if you donā€™t want vinyl seats. As much as I love washout interiors I can buy neoprene covers for occasional mudding with buddies.

It helps that BB is a lower cost trim, because I want to save some money for add-ons like the Rigid lights, a winch, the brush guard, maybe even sound deadening (if itā€™s not too steep), or even a painted top (make mine white like rice please ?).

Iā€™ve also gotta have $ left for that pull-out table Iā€™ve heard so much about, plus the AOD 4x4 so my manual 2.3 can get the best advantage (lowest gears) in the rough stuff, and Iā€™ll need a roof rack so I can carry all the other crap that wonā€™t fit inside on trips.

And that mid package? The one that comes with the power inverter included? I GOTTA have that! ??

So yeah, BB isnā€™t ideally priced for 2DR folks, but for a 4DR guy it seems like a happy medium for me to spend the next 10 years making memories with my family. ?

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
the Base is the loss leader. Theyā€™d gladly offer it for $31k.. but they like to advertise the under 30 price tag. So if the BB was $2,500 or so more, itā€™d be less odd, no? The Base with Sasquatch, a trim and package I will not be opting for, is probably the best bang for the buck.
If Big bend was only $2,500 more it would make sense for sure. $4,800 + $1,600 for mid is crazy. IMO.

I definitely feel like Base + Sasquatch is the best route for me for what I need and want.

Sponsored

elseminoleguapo

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm convinced the Big Bend is Ford's shot at decoy pricing. It's basically the mid-grade gas version of the broncoā€”it mainly exists to create perceived value in jumping up to BD, OB & BL. For some that want particular combos of options not available on the Base, Ford has configured it such that the BB is attractive (don't want squatch, no vinyl, want cactus gray or a51, locking diff and want mid package? Then you're stuck at BB).

Other than that, the BB doesn't make much sense financially. Very sneaky, Ford. :cautious:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree with everyone that the price jump for the 2DR from Base to BB is a head scratcher. Itā€™s not as big of an issue for me because I need a 4DR.
Going from Base to Big Bend on the 4DR loses the automatic so that would account for some of the price difference. I think the 2DR is probably priced just under $30k for the sake of saying you can a Bronco under $30k Big Bend is probably the actual starting point for the pricing structure And thatā€™s where you can start getting the desirable packages like mid package and better colors.
If Big bend was only $2,500 more it would make sense for sure. $4,800 + $1,600 for mid is crazy. IMO.

I definitely feel like Base + Sasquatch is the best route for me for what I need and want.
I think the Base is just aggressively priced to be below $30k. I know you are on the anti-matter blue, but I think the base colors are pretty lame. Going Big Bend with mid and one of the unlocked colors could be worth it for the price. Ford figured me out though because I want 2.7L Squatch mid-package with AoD and switches. Painted hard top is a nice addition, so WT for me. I would probably go for optioned out Basesquatch if there was a color I liked on the Base for the price alone.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going from Base to Big Bend on the 4DR loses the automatic so that would account for some of the price difference. I think the 2DR is probably priced just under $30k for the sake of saying you can a Bronco under $30k Big Bend is probably the actual starting point for the pricing structure And thatā€™s where you can start getting the desirable packages like mid package and better colors.

I think the Base is just aggressively priced to be below $30k. I know you are on the anti-matter blue, but I think the base colors are pretty lame. Going Big Bend with mid and one of the unlocked colors could be worth it for the price. Ford figured me out though because I want 2.7L Squatch mid-package with AoD and switches. Painted hard top is a nice addition, so WT for me. I would probably go for optioned out Basesquatch if there was a color I liked on the Base for the price alone.
I think Antimatter is a great color. It will look better then you think in person. I do agree they should have more color options though. The OTD price of a Basequatch is the best deal IMO. Its literally a Wildtrak without the creature comforts.

$4,800 is pretty expensive just to be able to pick a paint color. Im glad I like Antimatter.

For me I would not want a painted hard top. Taking it on and off would be hard not to eventually scratch it up. Especially if its black.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is $4,800 is Sask Pkg for Big Bend?

If only Big Bend came with Auto Standard on 4 Door, I would have picked this Trim with a Soft Top and get the Hard Top at a later date. I would have picked Mid Pkg. with AMB that would have been some combo.

comfour

Big Bend
First Name
cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm going Big Bend with Mid, Hard Top, Tow Package If the 2.7 doesn't push it far over 40K I'll get it

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think Antimatter is a great color. It will look better then you think in person. I do agree they should have more color options though. The OTD price of a Basequatch is the best deal IMO. Its literally a Wildtrak without the creature comforts.

$4,800 is pretty expensive just to be able to pick a paint color. Im glad I like Antimatter.

For me I would not want a painted hard top. Taking it on and off would be hard not to eventually scratch it up. Especially if its black.
Base Squatch is a great deal. If Race Red was on base (like all other Ford vehicles it is a color option on), then I would likely go that route. Iā€™ve been looking at Cyber Orange as my color of choice, but I do stare at that red Wildtrak a lot and it has been growing on me. I donā€™t like dark colors on vehicles and silver doesnā€™t do it for me. That leaves Rapid Red, Oxford white or Velocity Blue. I see the darker red metallics like Rapid Red or Ruby Red and I just donā€™t like them. I think they work better with smooth, shiny plastics and not as well with matte or satin finishes like the Bronco looks to have. The blue is nice, but I already have a blue car so that leaves white. It would be my fourth white Ford... I donā€™t want a color based on elimination. I want a color because I like it. Color isnā€™t the driving factor in getting a more expensive trim, but it is a consideration.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Squatch is a great deal. If Race Red was on base (like all other Ford vehicles it is a color option on), then I would likely go that route. Iā€™ve been looking at Cyber Orange as my color of choice, but I do stare at that red Wildtrak a lot and it has been growing on me. I donā€™t like dark colors on vehicles and silver doesnā€™t do it for me. That leaves Rapid Red, Oxford white or Velocity Blue. I see the darker red metallics like Rapid Red or Ruby Red and I just donā€™t like them. I think they work better with smooth, shiny plastics and not as well with matte or satin finishes like the Bronco looks to have. The blue is nice, but I already have a blue car so that leaves white. It would be my fourth white Ford... I donā€™t want a color based on elimination. I want a color because I like it. Color isnā€™t the driving factor in getting a more expensive trim, but it is a consideration.
I know you already have a blue car but Velocity Blue is available on the Base and that a pretty bright light Blue.

To me the other colors aren't impressive enough to make me move up into a more expensive package just for the paint. Area 51 is close but its too hard to tell at this point what it really looks like.

Base Sasquatch is too good to pass up. I never ever use technology in any of my vehicles ive ever owned and it was always a waste. So getting a Bronco thats the same as a Wildtrak without all the creature comforts is perfect. All the important stuff to me is there for Off Roading.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you have it well laid out other than with a tune you can get 2.7 power. You may get similar HP, but you will likely be unable to tune similar torque and it will be higher in the RPM range. I also assume the Auto trans still maintains some torque multiplier effect, but that I am unsure on. BTW I am still mulling through my choice as well, I think the 2.3 will be great.
Sponsored