Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B R O N C O
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good afternoon Bronco enthusiasts,

I've searched and searched and have not been able to find much about this topic. I recently found a Bronco with 315's on them;

Personally I really like my Big Bend wheels and wanted to keep them, however I didn't want to go with a lift or anything smaller than 35's.

I've been doing some research and wanted to run my build by the forum so it could be teased apart.

What I'm planning on doing;

Removing crash bars both front and back.

Running 1.4" spacers (to clear the control arm and add a bit of poke)

https://www.mishimoto.com/borne-off-road-wheel-spacers-6-139-7-93-1.html

Then go ahead and slap on some 315/70/17 KO2's on all 5 wheels.

I ran the numbers and it looks like this would work with the BB wheels given the spacer.

I've attached the photos of willtheyfit.com, assuming the 1.4" spacer is my offest on the "new setup" correct?

Screenshot_20220412-153258_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-153320_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220412-153330_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Demosouthpaw

Demosouthpaw

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B R O N C O
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well since the initial post got so much traction I figured I'd post again.

Today I put the tires on the Big Bend, to be clear I have a 2.3L bone stock with 3.73 rear end. Prior to installing the tires I've put roughly 2k miles on it.

I've noticed a subtle difference in preformance mainly off the line and shifting in sports mode. Other than that the car feels the same.

I decided to skip on the 1.5" KSP spacers just because there was 0 rubbing lock to lock, and the poke was a bit excessive.

Crash bars where removed, if you're running the stock front bumper all you need to do is pop the two front caps off near the fog lights. You'll see 3-bolts on each side (6-in total) you can just lossen them off and gently pull the bumper towards you enough to free the front crash bar.

In short I'm happy with the decision I really like the stock BB wheels and feel that all Broncos should have meatier tires on them.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels on 315/70/17 20220424_164224

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels on 315/70/17 20220424_164208

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels on 315/70/17 20220424_164150

Last edited:

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks good! Pic from the side?

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
you are actually running 315/17/17 on the BB wheels without spacers ???? and only removed the crash bars
does it give any higher lift than the factory tires ? 1/2 inch , 1 inch ??? taller

Sponsored
OP
OP
Demosouthpaw

Demosouthpaw

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B R O N C O
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah no spacers, no rub, crash bars removed (both). No lift other than the delta between the stock tires and the 315/70/17s.

Car feels more rigid on the road, and it could be getting used to it, but the gas mileage has gone back up and the shifts feel better. Again it could be me just learning the sweet spots now, but I think my ECU compensated somewhat.

knotayooper

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah no spacers, no rub, crash bars removed (both). No lift other than the delta between the stock tires and the 315/70/17s.

Car feels more rigid on the road, and it could be getting used to it, but the gas mileage has gone back up and the shifts feel better. Again it could be me just learning the sweet spots now, but I think my ECU compensated somewhat.

How do they fit with the 3rd brake light for the spare?

Sponsored

BLKNWHT

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20220 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If it was the OJ Simpson trial he would of been convicted..."like a glove"
no need to modify.
I read this thread and went with the 315/70/17’s. KO2’s Fit amazing with Method +25 offset with no lift and just the crash bars removed. Rear light was fine. MPG is the exact same on freeway. Not sure about in town. Go big! I do plan on a small lift but fine as is incase anyone is on the fence.

Phillip_01

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here ya go, the pictures don't do it justice though. It looks way better in person.
Well since the initial post got so much traction I figured I'd post again.

Today I put the tires on the Big Bend, to be clear I have a 2.3L bone stock with 3.73 rear end. Prior to installing the tires I've put roughly 2k miles on it.

I've noticed a subtle difference in preformance mainly off the line and shifting in sports mode. Other than that the car feels the same.

I decided to skip on the 1.5" KSP spacers just because there was 0 rubbing lock to lock, and the poke was a bit excessive.

Crash bars where removed, if you're running the stock front bumper all you need to do is pop the two front caps off near the fog lights. You'll see 3-bolts on each side (6-in total) you can just lossen them off and gently pull the bumper towards you enough to free the front crash bar.

In short I'm happy with the decision I really like the stock BB wheels and feel that all Broncos should have meatier tires on them.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels on 315/70/17 20220424_142611

late reply, how close are the tires to the UCA with this exact setup? Looks awesome!
Sponsored