Sponsored

Big Bend Wheels or BD Steelies

Iconic Silver Big Bend keep wheels or go steelies?

• Total voters

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
About to pull the trigger on my BB tires upgrading to 33 Open Country or WP. I have a set of BD steelies, contemplating keeping the Big Bend wheels since they are a bit lighter. BB is iconic silver.
Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have only seen one Iconic Silver Bronco, it was a 2-door Big Bend with the stock wheels but with BFG KM3’s. It looked badass. So I voted Big Bend wheels.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put my vote in for Big Bend wheels. I personally hated how mine looked with the factory tires. It just looked "partially rendered". But with a good set of tires and some offroad dust on them, the big bend wheels look quite great!

I also appreciate the more open design for inspecting brakes, calipers and other mechanicals.

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm changing my badlands over to a set of black diamond steelies so that's my vote. I like the utilitarian look and I'll be much less sad when I scrape those on a rock vs. when I scratched up the optional beadlock wheels I have on it now...

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About to pull the trigger on my BB tires upgrading to 33 Open Country or WP. I have a set of BD steelies, contemplating keeping the Big Bend wheels since they are a bit lighter. BB is iconic silver.
+1 on the AT3

Wish I could have opted for black wheels on my OBX so I’d go with the steelies. Anything you do will be a nice upgrade.

Sponsored

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Super subjective. I have a BB and loathed the look of the rims. They, to me, look so generic. I bought a set of BD Steelies and IMO it completely changed the look of the Bronco. Felt weird getting a rim that people use for snow tires in my region of the country but I much prefer the look.

When I look back at my decision I think I just like black rims versus silver/gray. If the BB rims came in black I would’ve been a happy camper. Can’t go wrong with either choice if it makes you happy. Best part you own both sets of rims so you could swap if you didn’t like it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big Bend wheels or Black Diamond wheels??

Yes.

(Poll needs a "yes" option...lol)

I'm leaning towards the black wheels on the Iconic Silver ... gonna look for pics .... see what looks best before i finalize my vote.
LOL

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, steelies, my preference.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels or BD Steelies 1697597081231

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels or BD Steelies 1697597312061

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Voted for the black steelies, but also want to say that the base silver steelies look really good with iconic silver. If steelies are your thing, consider it. If off roading is in your future, you’ll also get 1/2” more sidewall for any given tire height, compared to the 17” equivalent. Width on the base steelies can be an issue if you’re going above 33” tire though, since the tire width will also increase beyond what’s recommended for a 7” wide wheel.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also want to say that the base silver steelies look really good with iconic silver. If steelies are your thing, consider it. If off roading is in your future,
I thought the same thing when I was looking for the pics and happened across some of the Base steelie pics.
4dr doesn't pull it off as well as the 2dr though.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels or BD Steelies 1697599610000

Ford Bronco Big Bend Wheels or BD Steelies 1697599564059

Sounds exactly like what the OP needs now, a third set of wheels since he already has the other two on hand!!! LOL

But, paint the black steelies silver and run the bigger tire , you're in business!!! :love:

OP
OP
RADRide

RADRide

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought the same thing when I was looking for the pics and happened across some of the Base steelie pics.
4dr doesn't pull it off as well as the 2dr though.

Sounds exactly like what the OP needs now, a third set of wheels since he already has the other two on hand!!! LOL

But, paint the black steelies silver and run the bigger tire , you're in business!!! :love:
Haha that does look sweet. I have seen the BD powder coated silver they do look great

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

👆 One of the pics that convinced me a 2 door base would be just fine for my tastes. Iconic silver was a non-starter for my wife, otherwise I may have gone with it.

krasy

Raptor
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco XLT 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I usually prefer silver steelies but having looked at two pics and compared them, I decided that this time I have to vote for the black steelies. They look really cool!
I've recently addressed wheels customer service to find out the details about silver steelies, but now I have doubts :) Maybe black ones would be a better choice.
Sponsored

Last edited: