Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have any of you new owners put bikes in your Bronco? 2 door or 4 door? One bike or two? Bike size (29" mountain bike, 26" mountain bike, road or gravel bike?)
Sponsored

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bump. - I would assume you would have to at least take a tire off in order to make it work…. But haven’t measured.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump. - I would assume you would have to at least take a tire off in order to make it work…. But haven’t measured.
Ford shows a bike inside a Bronco Sport (front wheel removed), so I imagine a full-sized motorcycle will fit inside a Bronco… </sarcasm>

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wanting to bump this thread now that more people are driving their Broncos. I thought this vehicle would offer greater versatility compared to my more traditional SUV due to the larger square rear cargo space, but perhaps all this time waiting is giving me too much time to doubt my judgement.

I ended up going down this road as a tangent from a pickup truck like the Tacoma because I wanted to make transport of gear, particularly bikes, easier. That includes bikes in the winter, when they need to be inside the vehicle to prevent getting covered in salt (a bed cap would therefore be needed for a pickup).

I am starting to feel that the Bronco does not achieve this original goal unless I can get at least one bike inside the vehicle easily. That is 75% of my use-case. In those cases, when multiple bikes are needed in the non-winter months, the use of a hitch mounted rack will be fine, but comes with the additional steps of using a swing out mount plus, possibly, an extension due to the spare tire mounted on the back.

Was hoping to achieve something akin to this in a four-door (with both sides of the bench down):

Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco ford-flexibus-2019

Last edited:

Sponsored

brosdom

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like a nice idea, though I still prefer a roof-mounted or hitch-mounted bike carrier.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have any of you new owners put bikes in your Bronco? 2 door or 4 door? One bike or two? Bike size (29" mountain bike, 26" mountain bike, road or gravel bike?)
I used to race mountain bikes and had one laying flat, front wheel off, in the back of my old 4 Runner constantly. My 4Dr Bronco could do same, but feels like 4 Runner had more space. The 2 Dr Bronco would never work for a bike, impossible. Even the 4Dr is tight because the huge wheel wells narrow the space and the 4 inch ledge when the seats are folded down is kinda awkward.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks like a nice idea, though I still prefer a roof-mounted or hitch-mounted bike carrier.
Just beware of this, It is why is steer away from Roof Mounts.
I am looking into a back seat delete for MTB transport. Look at the Goose gear products!

ca1917244fd649d2b29c0c323eb7073b-jpg.jpg

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I will be screwing this into the floor of my Bronco.
Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco 1633085632155

If it fits, I really have no clue. Crossing my fingers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on getting a hitch rack if my bronco ever shows up. Roof racks are a pain, and trying to put my MTB in the back of my 2 door will be a pain. If you plan on buying any kind of bike rack I would suggest you order one now! I hear there are long wait lists to get racks. I plan on getting an 1up rack, which is made in the USA.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I used to use a bag my bike fit in. It’s a pain trying to search for them because you get every seat and handlebar bag under the sun. Search for bike covers, not bags. This is the closest I could find during a quick search but the one I had was just a big plastic bag and one end zipped close. Amazon has a lot that woild probably work. https://www.amazon.com/Indeed-BUY-Waterproof-Mountain-Electric/dp/B08R9H8NNC

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used to race mountain bikes and had one laying flat, front wheel off, in the back of my old 4 Runner constantly. My 4Dr Bronco could do same, but feels like 4 Runner had more space
Oof, the 4Runner looks much smaller in side-by-side photos (I believe the older 4Runners were smaller too?):

4runner-bronco.jpg

If you are saying you have experience that the interior is less spacious in the Bronco, that is concerning. My intent had been to have at least one bike upright in the back, which would mean one wheel off. Ideally, this could be arranged for two bikes as this was the objective in moving towards the more square cabin.

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be screwing this into the floor of my Bronco.
Yes, I have planned to attach something like this for thru-axles to a 2X4 or something, slightly angled to allow 2 bikes together without handlebar interference. Going to take some measurements of a mannequin today.

treadlightly

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I plan on getting a hitch rack if my bronco ever shows up.
Yes, I have the Kuat NV2. With the spare tire and swing out tailgate, I would need to install a swing-out attachment at a minimum and possibly also an extension before getting to the installation of the actual rack. I remove it after every use, so I am beginning to worry that this would actually complicate my life for the more-typical outing of one bike.
Sponsored