Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My thoughts exactly! (except for the Tacoma. They look great, but a widely held opinion is that the seating position of those sucks unless you are short. I like the Ranger Tremor myself).
The bike in that pic must be a 26 (26” wheels). No way would a ‘29 fit like that.
Sponsored

Dezertrider20158

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a hitch mounted Thule double rack for my crosstrek and will probably use it on the bronco in the future. While I was at the Texas offroadeo I noticed Yakima had built a holder for the bronco sport that mounted in the back of the storage/rear hatch area. I asked the rep from Ford if this would be available for the full size bronco and he wasn't sure, pretty nice if it does though.
20220323_124326.jpg

A quick search and I was able to find it available to order through dealers for the baby bronco. It must be a licensed deal with Ford though because I couldn't locate the same rack on yakima's website.
Screenshot_20220407-073851_Brave.jpg

Hot Pepper Diamond

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a hitch mounted Thule double rack for my crosstrek and will probably use it on the bronco in the future. While I was at the Texas offroadeo I noticed Yakima had built a holder for the bronco sport that mounted in the back of the storage/rear hatch area. I asked the rep from Ford if this would be available for the full size bronco and he wasn't sure, pretty nice if it does though.
Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco Screenshot_20220407-073851_Brave

A quick search and I was able to find it available to order through dealers for the baby bronco. It must be a licensed deal with Ford though because I couldn't locate the same rack on yakima's website.
Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco Screenshot_20220407-073851_Brave
pretty sure thats just stabilized by tie downs... you could use that in the Full Size Bronco no problem I would assume. there's definitely enough width to work with

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was able to fit my mountain bike in the back of a 2 door VW Golf with the rear seats folded down without removing the wheels, so I have to assume it will fit in the back of a 2 door Bronco with the rear seats folded down. I also had a 12" sub box in the same VW.

FairFrank

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
20220323_124326.jpg

Screenshot_20220407-073851_Brave.jpg
Wow! Great setup! Now I understand that I hate roof or hitch racks. And the price is worth it, btw! Also, I've found this list, and hope that it would be helpful!

Last edited:

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folds and fits behind the rear seat in a 2 door.
Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco 20220521_210140
Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco 20220521_210533

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mark T

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get you! As someone said, you can even remove the rear seat if it's just 1 or two of you. The folded rear seat makes the floor higher, and there's no attachment place for a bike fork mount. If you need me to measure the 4dr interior, let me know!
So do you have a 4 door? Can the entire rear seat be removed? In one piece, or two? It doesn't sound like. a bad idea for someone who transports bikes more than people.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe the rear seat delete from the Goose people? Ford Bronco 2021-Present 6th Gen. 4 Door Rear Plate System™ – Goose Gear (goose-gear.com) Thinking about it for my 2door. 2door can keep one seat, not seeing that for the 4door.
I flat tow the Bronco behind my RV and take two e-bikes. E-bikes (and expensive mtn bikes or bicycles in general) are a target for theft while travelling and the dirt and water spray isn't good for them, particularly the e-bikes. I prefer to keep the bicycles inside the Bronco when travelling then use hitch mounted rack for local transportation once we're settled in for a stay at a campground.

I built an inside bicycle mount for the 4 door Bronco. I can get both my Specialized Turbo Levo e-mtn bike and my wifes' Aventon Level 2 e-bike inside. It requires removing the front wheel and each bicycle attaches using the bicycle front fork axle and a front axle mount available on Amazon and many bicycle shops. The bicycles have to be put in backwards with the bicycle seats lowered. There is still room between and around the bicycles for gear.

The rack allows individual bicycle forward and aft adjustments as well as independent left to right and fork rotation to prevent interference between the handlebars. The Specialized Turbo Levo e-mtn bike is pretty long so I put it on the passenger side and moved the seat forward enough (a couple of inches from full back-still had lots of passenger leg room) to clear the back tire. I made provisions for tie down straps for the bicycles but never had to use them. I also made provisions for mounting the front wheels upright beside each bicycle.

The mount flips over and makes into a platform level with the back of the rear seats when they are folded. It has an attached flap that bridges the gap between the seat back and the platform
Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco 20230717_134351
. The platform works with or without a rear cargo liner and uses the four Bronco tie-down points with 1" nylon straps to hold it in place both in the bicycle rack configuration and in the 'sleeping' platform position.

I just got back from a 10,000 mile (5,000 mile with the Bronco flat towed and 5,000 miles driving the Bronco) with the bicycles in the back with no issues.

20230717_134108.jpg

20230717_134133.jpg

20230717_135246.jpg

20230717_141126.jpg

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Works great until you try it in a soft top with the rear hatch opening that is biggest design failure ever. Ford should be embarrassed.

Sponsored

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Works great until you try it in a soft top with the rear hatch opening that is biggest design failure ever. Ford should be embarrassed.
Works on the Hard Top, not easy on the soft top. Sorry I can't help with that.

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
So do you have a 4 door? Can the entire rear seat be removed? In one piece, or two? It doesn't sound like. a bad idea for someone who transports bikes more than people.
I pulled the rear seats and seat belts from my 4-door. Easy peasy. Two pieces. I have a platform built to hold a medium sized Gunner kennel for a working canine in that spot.

I can still slide a medium sized frame mtn bike in the back, upright, with the seat post retracted and the front wheel off.

That being said,I still prefer my bike on top. Both my vehicles have roof top rack systems.

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is how i put my bike in my Bronco 🤪😋

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to share my inside setup for a 2 door with 27.5 inch rear tire e-bike. Negatives, you lose your front passenger seat as it won't click back with the tire there, even if seat is in the most forward position. At least I couldn't get it to click back.
Ford Bronco Bike transport inside Bronco IMG_8110

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have any of you new owners put bikes in your Bronco? 2 door or 4 door? One bike or two? Bike size (29" mountain bike, 26" mountain bike, road or gravel bike?)
Road bike fits without removing a wheel. 4 door
Sponsored